MakeWebGames

pbbg game rate

killjoy234

You know, you should really do it yourself, or with some partners and not ask somebody to do it for you.

There is a few reasons for that:

- If somebody does it for you, you learn nothing.

- If something break or there is bugs (as always) you will not be able to fix them alone.

- If you find somebody doing it against payment, it will not be cheap (unless it's not going to be really good as it mean you found a kid which just start in this business too)

- You will not be be able to improve it over the time (which is needed if you want to keep people on board).

So you should ask yourself a few questions like (and maybe post the answers here):

- Why do I want my own game?

- What will my game offer that the others don't already?

- What are my skills, and are they enough to handle the project?

- Am I prepared to work hard enough for it?

- What's my overall budget (as beside the development, you have the marketing to take in account, and of course the hosting)?

So you have two roads:

1) Start with very small scripts you write all alone, and then from there slowly grow.

2) Pick up an open source engine, check the sources, and see how things are done, and try to modify pieces to see the effect, and then try to add you own things inside.

I would personally pick road 1 as it will really be at your level all the time, where if you pick an existing engine you may be overwhelmed at the beginning.

In both cases google is your best friend ;)