MakeWebGames

Zend Studio v7.1.0

zendstudio.jpg

Description: Zend Studio 7.1 is the next generation of our professional-grade PHP application development environment. It has been designed to maximize developer productivity by enabling you to develop and maintain code faster, solve application problems quickly and improve team collaboration.

Features:

• Zend Framework Integration
  • PHP Refactoring
  • PHP Code Generation
  • PHP Editor and File Management
  • JavaScript Support
  • HTML & CSS Support
  • PHP Debugging
  • Zend Server Integration
  • PHP Unit Testing
  • Remote Systems
  • Database Connectivity
  • Source Control
  • Miscellaneous
  • Zend Studio 5.X Migration

Capture54654646_PN-resized-227113.png

Links: Homepage - Changelog

Version: v7.1.0

I'm using Zend Studio since a few years (about 5 or so), and I can just say that my productivity increased dramatically. Yes it costs and you may think you can work with notepad but honestly, notepad simply isn't enough. Take at lease notepad++. You may also find free alternatives to this editor but one thing is sure, having code colorization, auto-formating, code completion, and in-line help is a must.

Guest georgelink

I am also a user of ZenStudio. Probably the biggest reason is because it runs on Linux! (FTW). Ya, it has great help features, and alot extra that puts notepad++ and such to shame! :)

This is just my two cents. I personally use and recommend Zend Studio 5.5

Yeah, that's 5.5, not 6, and not 7.

Reason: Since Zend 6 and the move from being a native windows app to being an Eclipse plugin, Zend changed a lot. If you like Eclipse PDT, then you will probably like Zend 7, but if you liked Zend 5.5, then you will definitely want to try Zend 7 before you pay for it...

From what I can tell, Eclipse PDT has pretty much everything Zend 7 has. PDT = free and Zend 7 = $400 big ones.

cheers!

PS: I do use Eclipse PDT whenever I'm doing PHP 5.3 specific code since Zend 5.5 does not support PHP 5.3 style namespaces or anonymous functions.

This is just my two cents. I personally use and recommend Zend Studio 5.5

Yeah, that's 5.5, not 6, and not 7.

Reason: Since Zend 6 and the move from being a native windows app to being an Eclipse plugin, Zend changed a lot. If you like Eclipse PDT, then you will probably like Zend 7, but if you liked Zend 5.5, then you will definitely want to try Zend 7 before you pay for it...

From what I can tell, Eclipse PDT has pretty much everything Zend 7 has. PDT = free and Zend 7 = $400 big ones.

cheers!

PS: I do use Eclipse PDT whenever I'm doing PHP 5.3 specific code since Zend 5.5 does not support PHP 5.3 style namespaces or anonymous functions.

I was about to ask if Zend had anything to do with eclipse due to myself using it for various java development (That eclipse) but your post has answered my question. Thanks :]