MakeWebGames

Christmas Advent Calendar [ WORKING COPY }

Uridium

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay got the most of it to work.

the previous files called for .png not .jpg images. lol fixed that and the calender shows fine, lets me open the doors. but when i try to view my calender after the file

adventgraph.php "image cannot be displayed because it has error"

What errors are you getting from the adventgraph.php file ?

okay got the most of it to work.

the previous files called for .png not .jpg images. lol fixed that and the calender shows fine, lets me open the doors. but when i try to view my calender after the file

adventgraph.php "image cannot be displayed because it has error"

anyone having the same issue pls replace your adventimage.php with this 1

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

i cant see the error bro.

i have a black bg, thats not it. when i try to go to view it, a white box flashes where the image should be, after refreshing several times i managed to read the whole error message, jsut simply stats that the file cannot be displayed cuz it has errors.??

PM me and i can get you in to see for yourself what im talking about here.

edit added screen shot.

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/2862/errorwo.jpg

calendar

Send me the link to your site Via PM please

Just so everyone is aware its vital that all the images for the grid doors be placed into the images/xmas/ folder EXCEPT for the main numbered image which must stay in your root folder... ROOT meaning public_html folder

great mod man, I am using it but just noticed a couple of things,

at the end of your 'words.txt' your have this:

[/b[ I think it should be [/b]

and in your 'adventcal.php'

your have:

print "adventgridnumbered.jpg

but the adventgridnumbered pic is a png not a jpg so it should be

print "adventgridnumbered.png

of course I see by reading the posts you know about these, but besides from that I am having no problems at all, all works fine on my site :)

+1 to you man

• 2 weeks later...

QUERY ERROR: Unknown column 'frame1' in 'field list'

Query was SELECT frame1, frame2, frame3, frame4, frame5, frame6, frame7, frame8, frame9, frame10, frame11, frame12, frame13, frame14, frame15, frame16, frame17, frame18, frame19, frame20, frame21, frame22, frame23, frame24, frame25 FROM users WHERE (userid = 1) LIMIT 1

i get that when i click my link to go to the calendar

QUERY ERROR: Unknown column 'frame1' in 'field list'

Query was SELECT frame1, frame2, frame3, frame4, frame5, frame6, frame7, frame8, frame9, frame10, frame11, frame12, frame13, frame14, frame15, frame16, frame17, frame18, frame19, frame20, frame21, frame22, frame23, frame24, frame25 FROM users WHERE (userid = 1) LIMIT 1

i get that when i click my link to go to the calendar

looks like the SQL you used was a little off.

go look at the USERS table and see if you have added frame1, frame2, frame3, frame4, frame5, frame6, frame7, frame8, frame9, frame10, frame11, frame12, frame13, frame14, frame15, frame16, frame17, frame18, frame19, frame20, frame21, frame22, frame23, frame24, frame25 to it.

if not you need to run the SQL so they are there when you call them.

[mysql]alter table users add `frame1` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame2` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame3` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame4` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame5` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame6` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame7` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame8` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame9` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame10` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame11` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame12` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame13` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame14` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame15` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame16` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame17` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame18` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame19` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame20` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame21` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame22` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame23` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame24` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add `frame25` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

[/mysql]

while your looking, if those are not there already you will have to add these two as well.

[mysql]alter table users add`calturn` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

alter table users add`calcount` int(2) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'[/mysql]

Error

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame1` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame2` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame3` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame4` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame5` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame6` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame7` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame8` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame9` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame10` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame11` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame12` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame13` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame14` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame15` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame16` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame17` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame18` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame19` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame20` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame21` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame22` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame23` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame24` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `frame25` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER

SQL-query :

ALTER TABLE users ADD `calturn` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' ALTER TABLE users ADD `calcount` int( 2 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER

I get this every time i try to put them in the SQL

okay now that the first part is working, where do you have the images???

think about it a little, look in the code where it calls for the images and see that you have the images in the right folder.

if you uploded them to your images folder the calls for them will have to be THEPIC.JPD

but if you have them in a folder called ADVENT and its inside IMAGES it will be THEPIC.JPG

just look and make sure you

1. have uploaded the images.

2. have them in a folder for organizational purposes.

3. VERY IMPORTANT that your calling the images from the location you have them uploaded to.

when i make the image/xmas folder do i make it in the image folder i already have or make it under the the image folder and when i upload it do i upload the folder called adventimages into the image/xmas folder i made sorry i been working on my game since noon yesterday and it is now 8:15 am on my 2nd day think sleep is getting to me sorry for asking a lot

is adventgridnumbered.png and placed it into your public_html folder?

and are all the other door images in a folder names xmas?

is the xmas folder in folder named images?

if so it should be showing you the images, if not you will have to either change the code to point to the location your images are or change the location of the images to match how the code is calling for htose images.

you cant have them in a folder called image/xmas. ->make a folder called xmas inside your images folder, put the door pics in the xmas folder.

Sorry i fell asleep i am back and ready for day 2 lol ok so the public_html folder that is the main folder on my ftp right when i go to my ftp it has cgi-bin

and a www folder i click the www folder and put the adventgridnumbered.png in to that one right then i make a xmas folder in my images folder i added the door images into it and i still get only this

Advent Calendar

Welcome to your Advent Calendar JØ|<£®. Choose Todays box to open

it shows the hand like u can click 1 spot then it does nothing

Thanks again for all the help

• 1 year later...
Also look at the date in which this was posted, don't expect things to be still up after (what 3 years), this is directed at the images section of the mini rant.

...I took a quick look at the code, and the forum software switch-over messed the code up too, for instance, a html image tag was converted into BB image tag.