MakeWebGames

Password Protect Pages(v1 v2)

iR00T

ok here is this u can add this to whatever u want to

ok ad these files

called common.php

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

ok this is the slogin.php page

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

ok here are the instuctions note that to make this work u need to edit ENTER UR PASSWORD here to ur own password

well if u use this then ok thats good lol its basically like staff passwords except u can use this on anypage like

login for staff say u got a reagular member login and a staff login staright to the staf fpanel

forl ike say irc ops they do chat so they have there own chat login and what not

ok credit to the creator for making this ....?.... i never said i made this btw akash

Re: Password Protect Pages(v1 v2)

Ok guys some common sense for you all if the mods are NOT yours to begin with...dont post em up here to share....you dont have the right to do so.

If anyone notices any such posts please let me know ...I will try to keep this area clean but I need your help.

Also if you feel there is a free mod here that is a waste of space...again let me know. I dont code, I dont own a game and I dont use these mods...if you guys dont tell me chances are I wont know.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
If what you say is true then how come I cant find the password when looking for it ?

The password is located inside the if query.

But this can indeed provide a small amount of extra protection, for instance if your game security was compromised and someone accessed a staff account. Using this would thus mean the "hacker" couldn't access the staff files directly. The only real security issue would be if someone had access to your files and could view the password, but if they had access to your files you're basically doomed. For the paranoid ones though you could simple change the system to use a hashed password instead.

yes true but I'm still in my trial and error coding phase so that would be to hard for someone like me

Well it's pretty simple, say you wanted to use an md5 hash as the password all you'd need to do is this.

All that code is doing is hashing the given password and then comparing it against the already hashed systems password.

Line 6 and Line 10

I thought it was common sense to not pass plain text passwords but each to their own.

I would certainly never do it, but some people don't know how to use encrypted passwords as simple as it is. I would recommend encrypting any password you use on your site to add another level of security.

yes true but I'm still in my trial and error coding phase so that would be to hard for someone like me

How about you give it a go, post what you come up with, and we point out anything that’s wrong?

Kind of simple table – if you’re going that way – username/id of staff member, password (with some kind of hash), then a small page similar to what’s already here to test the password vs the database one.

If you go for something like this – with no table – even easier since it’s mostly there anyway. Never going to learn if you don’t jump into it. :)

Every script ive done on here has been trial and error we learn from this (well i dont cos i still have to do it) but some people pick it up quite fast :)