MakeWebGames

Hosting for Mccodes

deviant

Alright I am looking for a host for my Mccodes game. I am currently developing it and I don't think my current host for my other websites will work since their Cron Jobs are limited to only a few times an hour.

What hosting companies can you recommend for hosting a game like this that will offer the cron capabilities that is required?

And yes I googled and looked at a lot of different hosts but I would like feedback from the community on who they have or have not had good experience with.

Guest Anonymous

Re: Hosting for Mccodes

Or you could rid of the crons all together. It's surprisingly simple and you will wonder why on earth people use them.

just make all the crons into one file. then make each one into actions. then per cron you just use

curl http://www.game.com/cron_all.php?code=blah&act=daily

curl http://www.game.com/cron_all.php?code=blah&act=minute

curl http://www.game.com/cron_all.php?code=blah&act=hour

curl http://www.game.com/cron_all.php?code=blah&act=5min

Just go with a host that you know where to use crons. I would sugest the 2 i put up there they both support crons and have no problem with running them.

Why get rid of them or put them on another server or what so ever?

& nyna its just a little way.

most if not all hosts allow cronjobs, but if you are on a shared plan...good luck with 1 minute cronjobs, mccode can be changed with ease as some have proven to a almost no cronjob game. 1 min cronjobs will get you booted sooner or later from cheap shared hosting plans.

about the 2 hosting companies mentioned ? sorry but I wouldn't trust a reseller of a reseller... not even talking of the name of the second one that can get sooner or later some legal issues.

Like i said www.byethost.com is your place.

It has cheap hosting, it aint like these other fakers. These other people only use one server for all your accounts for example:

www.netxservers.com uses:

ns1.netxservers.com

ns2.netxservers.com

Clear hostia:

ns1.clearhostia.com

ns2.clearhostia.com

Ok now bythost.com:

It just dont use ns1.clearhostia.com it uses varias name servers for example im using sv5.byethost.org & sv5.byethost.com now you may see that both are sv5 but they both lead to different ip's.

The point is... Byethost does not use plain and simple name servers & not just 2 they use i think over 20 name servers for there entire company.

Byethost it self site runs on sv1.byethost.com & sv2.byethost.com they run there own sites on there, but us customers run on other name servers.

• 4 weeks later...

we paid $1700 for a dedi at lunarpages for AS, nyna is extremly happy with the system we got

pretty fast machine

now $1700 looks a lot but for a year it's relative cheap, that if you start a game that you don't milk dry within a month

• 6 months later...

Killah, I'm wondering why you think what nameservers a host users matters at all?

Even big companies use the same nameservers(theplanet uses ns1+ns2.theplanet.com, and I have a dedicated box with tons of sites)

If you have the cash, use theplanet, they are relatively cheap, support is awesome, and they don't limit cron use.