MakeWebGames

[mccode v2] Roulette

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This is an old version of my roulette extension...

Installation is simple - just replace the roulette.php with this one (backup your old one first!).

It's small, fast and it works - At least on the sites I hosted it for...

You'll also need to drop in a small graphic (roulette.png) into the folder where roulette.php resides...

Screenies are not available -- the 16x16 single image you need -- well I'm sure you can find one to suit.

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Enjoy

Guest Anonymous

Re: Free 2 - Roulette

shrek1609 pointed out a small error with this... Apparently when betting on both red and black - you always win.

It seems I made a mistake when I rewrote the roulette script for you guys - Sorry about that...

... Quick change to the act_play() function ...

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

This will now debit the initial bet from the players account *before* crediting any win.

So betting $100 on red and black would result in

debit user $100 -- initial bet

place $50 on red and $50 on black

spin the wheel ... 14 - red

red wins - so you get $50 for a win on red

black loses - so you lose that $50

I think that will work - but try various combinations out

Sorry another slight problem that has fixed them being able to win if the cover both bets say red and black now it takes money first... but i think the winning amount needs changing as they only win the amount they betted... ie bet $500 it takes $500 they win pays out $500 so if they win they gain 0

Guest Anonymous

Oh frak ... , Okay, I'm a bit busy at the mo, but if I get a chance I'll look at it later on this evening...

That'll teach me for trying to do high speed rewrites and remove all trace of commercial APIs

Guest Anonymous

Patch to correct the payoffs: The OP has been amended as well.

Sorry nyna still problems with it...

If they bet $1000 on red and black they gain $500

If they just bet on red and win they win $2000 and gain $2000 (<<< i think this should be a gain of $1000)

If they just bet on red and lose they lose $1000 (<<< this is fine)

Guest Anonymous

The bet is split however ...

You say you bet $100

You place a bet on red and black.

Now both red and black have $50 riding on them

Red comes up...

You lose the $50 from black

You get your $50 from red back, plus your initial stake (on red -- $50) => $100..

hi nyna

No if they bet on both red and black now say $100 on each they will profit by $50

if they bet $100 on red and win they win $200 ($300 if you include the betted amount)

if they bet $100 on red and lose the lose $100

So i think it needs to be that if they bet $100 on red and win the win $100 ($200 if you include betted amount)

Guest Anonymous

Well you can see how the act_play( ) operates ... You can modify it suit -- The method there is almost identical to the larger version I have (only single house 0 and bets can be placed on 4 cells as well as 6 cells), so it should be easy to fixup to suit your environment.

Remember the win is not much - high ranking players will not really benefit - only the lower ones, and I'm all in favor of giving them a boost.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I get this error above the roulette

Warning: include(./prepend.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shubmitn/public_html/roulette.php on line 1

Warning: include(./prepend.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shubmitn/public_html/roulette.php on line 1

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './prepend.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/shubmitn/public_html/roulette.php on line 1

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/shubmitn/public_html/roulette.php:1) in /home/shubmitn/public_html/globals.php on line 6

Well i'm guessing that its looking for prepend.php but as i don't have one, it's sending back errors.