MakeWebGames

Possibly Selling Deadly Elite

Dustin Rohel

Hey everyone, I've had Deadly Elite going for almost 1 year now. I'm not sure I want to continue with mccodes anymore, so I'm posting to see what people would offer for the game/domain. Please make an offer, you can discord me @ rodcarter26 for further chatting.

Please NO RIDICULOUS offers.

Here's the link:

https://deadlyelite.site

Edited by Dustin Rohel
Forgot the site link

11 minutes ago, Dustin Rohel said:

What do you mean exactly? Like mods added in or what?

Yeah exactly. Mods, themes, images, fixed bugs to what extent? What's better about your game than buying a fresh copy of mccodes. Does the domain come with hosting?

Iv'e added, Mines (has issue gaining Mine EXP, Library (has issue adding images), Change Avatar (works well), A Crystal Dealer (works well), Cities Module AKA Town Builder, updates page/section, Workshop for creating items (works well), A Rating system to rate other players (works well) (shows on profiles), Search The Streets (works well), Staff Applications Module (works well), Crack The Safe (works well), Updated Mailbox (works well), Give all users an item module for staff (works well), Edit user Module (works well). Thats about it for added in Modules. There is lots of crimes, weapons & armor, 10+ Education courses to do, 5 different Job types. And lots of color changed.

Domain come  with hosting?? what you mean by that?

Edited by Dustin Rohel
Missed word

I'm trying to dis you or anything like that but you've been having issues for a long time with your game. You've looked consistently for aid to try and help you fix things. It seems that you don't have much of a handle on php or even how to fix minor issues. You mentioned in your other post that you don't want to lose your players. Did you advise your players that they are in beta testing? Again, I'm not dissing you but not many people are going to buy a game that seems to have so many apparent issues and if they do, they aren't going to pay a substantial amount for it giving the issues you've had. Don't get me wrong ... we all have to start and learn somewhere, but a lot of the starting and learning should have taken place before you opened the game. This is just my opinion and I wish you good luck in selling what you've created.

Edited to add: Domain is the name you've given your game.    /deadlyelite.site/ is your domain

Edited by newttster

Thanks for your input and opinion, some people learn things as they go and from trail and error. I have learned a bit of php a VERY few errors I've learned to fix, but everyone starts somewhere and learns at their own pace. I opened the game cuz I didn't think I'd wanna sell it. I would rather a GL game that has less required coding for me, yeah I'm not great or even close to good at coding but I've learned some stuff & with help from people here giving me tips and pushing me to learn and do stuff for myself. The game doesn't have LOTS of issues, most of the issues were me practicing/learning different things, but should have stuck to one or 2 maybe a few different things instead of many (that probably would have helped). The issues known are posted in the post above.

Thanks again! 🙂

Genuinely, I think your best bet is to keep the domain and just remove the mccodes and replace it with GL tostart learning like you want to. It'll be easier than trying to sell.

If you're worried about players being mad you removed the mccodes version, I am sure you could create some translation functions to move users over to gl.

Mccodes is a pretty dead engine, which is why not many people here use it. It'll be a tough sell for even the initial $50 engine investment. I guess to put it simple buying mccodes in 2024 is like buying a rusted out 1980s mini truck. Not much value to most, but there's a very small market of enthusiasts 

• Like 2