MakeWebGames

Should we get this engine going again?

KyleMassacre

Hello,

I wanted to see if there is any interest in possibly getting this engine up and running? Unfortunately I am not the owner, and cant get in touch with the owner of this so everything would have to be the "free" version.

I created a repo of this engine for people to have, and I do have several of my modules but lost most of them when the marketplace went down but I could potentially re-create some of them. I could also see about "modifying" or creating some of the paid modules from scratch to bypass some copyrights.

If this gains some traction, maybe one of the awesome admins can create a market for it here

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Canjucks said:

That would be fun to lurk around another engine and always wondered if I could get it going but if someone like yourself with know how does then I'm interested 🙂

I do know the engine relatively well and I actually just dove back into it like a week ago. I was actually going to possibly start up my own marketplace in lieu of the original since the engine has the ability to install/upgrade modules from the marketplace.

If you would like, download the repo and start fiddling with it

1 hour ago, KyleMassacre said:

I do know the engine relatively well and I actually just dove back into it like a week ago. I was actually going to possibly start up my own marketplace in lieu of the original since the engine has the ability to install/upgrade modules from the marketplace.

If you would like, download the repo and start fiddling with it

oh sounds good! I'll have a go in the next day or two. What a great feature being linked in with the marketplace.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I created a few things for this, both internal modules and external tools ( I think I’ve still got the module viewer tool too, could implement into wiki or whatever) if it gains any traction give us a shout and I’ll dig out everything I did and send across to use/modify at will. 
Sorry likely not to be of much further use (aha) but I’d like to see this re-emerge I quite enjoyed this engine in its first iteration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Djkanna said:

I created a few things for this, both internal modules and external tools ( I think I’ve still got the module viewer tool too, could implement into wiki or whatever) if it gains any traction give us a shout and I’ll dig out everything I did and send across to use/modify at will. 
Sorry likely not to be of much further use (aha) but I’d like to see this re-emerge I quite enjoyed this engine in its first iteration.

That would be really cool

tbh iv never used this engine but i was checking on it from time to time i will get localhost version and toy with it and see

7 hours ago, ags_cs4 said:

tbh iv never used this engine but i was checking on it from time to time i will get localhost version and toy with it and see

so far i like it tho i was confused at how some things are made but it make sense in some cases the engine is solid

good module managment, with hooks, crons and some other candies here and there

if the engine can be modernized i can therow a default theme to make the experience more enjoyable :

• Like 2