MakeWebGames

Make Web Games - New Changes

Dayo

After talking to @Dave the past month or so, I have agreed to help out running MWG. I've had a few ideas on how we can revive the forum a bit, 

1) Community

•     Monthly Newsletter
  •     Monthly Competitions 

We want to encourage members back to the forum, hopefully this will be a way to keep users updated with whats going on.

2) Marketplace

•     Remove the approval process for edited items, initial listing to the marketplace will still need approval
  •     Add gift cards
  •     Payments will now be made monthly at the start of each month, please make sure requests are in before the end of the month

The market place is quite an admin intensive operation to maintain, these changes will help streamline the process freeing up time to help the forum grow.

3) Hosting

•     The hosting will soon be HDD based for any new customers, this does not affect current customers
  •     The lower tier will be upped to $1.75 and the Upper tier will be upped to $4.00. This is to help with the new costings of the cPanel Licensing
  •     There will be a new tier added for $7.50 a month that will include 15GB of storage

Due to the  price changes with the cPanel licensing last year the MWG hosting is currently running at a loss, Dave has been paying this money out of his own pocket while also maintaining the server.

4) Subscriptions
This is something that we can enable within MWG and I wanted to float the idea. We can add a subscription plan for a small fee per month. This money would then be used as prizes for the monthly competitions/marketing and forum upgrades

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice one @Dayo, coming in as a new member and new game owner, my biggest interest would be Marketplace. I like just browsing it. It would be nice if you could sort by price and most downloaded.

The first thing I check on here is "new posts", i'd love to see a similar thing for Marketplace, maybe even top mod of month etc.

Good stuff mate, I'm not sure how many of the members still use the email they once did on here but I think a newsletter will have a positive impact on the user base.

I'm all for the subscription, anything to reinvigorate the forums again!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excited about this! I hope this is a big shift in the community. I know I've perused these forums on multiple occasions and it's always great conversation. I just have held off on actually registering because everything feels kinda abandoned.

Knowing that you guys are planning to devote more time and energy to this has gotten me to sign up and I'm looking forward to more good conversations!

I purchased a hosting to support with the cost but best way I think would be to set a membership, doesn't really have to have any benefits, small packages like $1,2,5,10 a month donations/subscriptions. Which hopefully would accumulate to a decent amount.

I'd prefer a system where you would get the whole payment and no fees taken so the cause isn't affected. Not sure how those patreon services work.

Also would there be crypto currency donations too? That way we'd know you'd get the money without fees taken. Doesn't really have to be implemented but ramp.io is a good place to check. (A payment system just incase someone accidently copies the address wrong when paying manually). 

Looking forward to growth!

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 6:01 PM, Dayo said:

2) Marketplace

•     Remove the approval process for edited items, initial listing to the marketplace will still need approval
  •     Add gift cards
  •     Payments will now be made monthly at the start of each month, please make sure requests are in before the end of the month

I’ve a comment about this point, why not making payments twice in month ,like at the start of month and at middle of month? 

keeping this way will make devs work by direct payments than adding their work here.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/16/2022 at 3:13 PM, AlizHarb said:

I’ve a comment about this point, why not making payments twice in month ,like at the start of month and at middle of month? 

keeping this way will make devs work by direct payments than adding their work here.

Do you mean like split payments like half in the beginning and half at the end? If so That would be a good option to pick if you want that or not but if you mean 2 full payments twice a month I’m not for it 🤣🤣🤣