S-82865 (PowerEdge R320)- Intel Xeon E5-2430 v2

- 64GB Memory

- Dell PERC H710P RAID Controller

- 4x 4TB SATA HDD 7200rpm 3.5"

- RAID 10

- ESXi 6.7

- Unmanaged SLA

- Unmetered Bandwidth

Pretty decent! Shame about the HDD, doesn't that cause performance problems?

1 hour ago, Dave said:

Pretty decent! Shame about the HDD, doesn't that cause performance problems?

As it’s RAID10 I’ve not seen any issues. I could have chosen ssd storage but I have like 1.4Tb of family photos I archive online so ssd storage would be hella expensive lol 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Dave said:

Ours are pretty similar: Xeon E-2136 64GB DDR4 2 x 960GB SSD SATA

Believe I pay ~$160 a month as I have a cPanel license as I very much love simplicity and easy management

Who do you lease your server from?

That server above is from tier.net but most of my servers come from hetzner. Trying out the US location as we speak.

On 1/20/2022 at 11:23 AM, Dayo said:

As it’s RAID10 I’ve not seen any issues. I could have chosen ssd storage but I have like 1.4Tb of family photos I archive online so ssd storage would be hella expensive lol 

Ah yeah good point, mine is purely a gaming server with cPanel / WHM. I use iCloud with 2TB of storage to back up everything else as I trust them more to make good backups of their servers than I would haha.

8 hours ago, MNG said:

That server above is from tier.net but most of my servers come from hetzner. Trying out the US location as we speak.

I liked Hetzner for their cost but the lack of support and the German location didn't super work for my use case.

Currently using Namecheap as they're pretty cost effective compared to the competition for both VPS's and dedicated servers. Only had a couple of issues when their whole network had bandwidth issues but apart from that it's been smooth sailing.

6 hours ago, Dave said:

Ah yeah good point, mine is purely a gaming server with cPanel / WHM. I use iCloud with 2TB of storage to back up everything else as I trust them more to make good backups of their servers than I would haha.

I liked Hetzner for their cost but the lack of support and the German location didn't super work for my use case.

Currently using Namecheap as they're pretty cost effective compared to the competition for both VPS's and dedicated servers. Only had a couple of issues when their whole network had bandwidth issues but apart from that it's been smooth sailing.

I never really had to use their support usually always good for me but they have finally opened a data center in the US. Migrating a few sites over this weekend to test the speed and such on a cloud server.