MakeWebGames

New Game Owner

NewHustle

So here's a little backstory I've played these games many years since I was around 8 haha I was heavily addicted and probably spent way to much time on these games 🤣 

BUT this is a passion of mine if I could turn it into a career it would be a dream come true.

anyways I'm looking around to purchase some codes that will put me ahead on my schedule tomorrow I'm doing introduction into HTML and going to play around with that (gotta start somewhere) anyway

The codes I'm purchasing are close to game ready so here I am thinking I've never done this before and have no idea how to grow or maintain a game so if you have any ideas on how I could grow the game any suggestions in general please comment below I'm looking to become a very active member of this community learn and grow with you all and just have fun 🙂

Welcome NewHustle, 

First of all what engine are you deciding to use to run your game with ?? GL, MC ?? 
and if you wanted to learn some PHP i could send you some tutorials over on how to code,
they are university classes so not publicly available online and to be fair are much better written compared to what you can find online anyway 
I might have some for Javascript, HTML, CSS as well, let me know and I will have a look over the weekend and inbox them to you.

Personally I think to get a good game running and make your vision come to life
the most important thing is being able to develop it yourself when it comes to these types of games 

When it comes to maintenance and growth thats a trial and error, thinking of ideas and bringing it to market. Unique Ideas, Marketing Strategies 
Get the product ready and fully tested, then release and see what happens. have you got a domain for your website yet ??

-JediGunz

• Like 1

@jedigunz Yeah I would really appreciate it spending the whole weekend studying so would be amazing 🙂

Yeah I have a .com domain with around 5 months left on it so I'm gonna be using that 🙂 great name for my game and yeah I agree I 100% wanna learn myself how to code so I can keep things updated fresh and even add my own unique spin on things.

So I'm most likely going to be using GL as I love the engine but waiting to see what game ready codes people are selling for around my budget if one stands out and is really good I'm happy to use any 🙂  

What I mean is how to go about building a player base starting out that's where I would need the most help

It would be helpful if you would give some idea of your what your budget will be/is.  I'm probably off base here but I have the impression that you think this is going to be as easy as 1-2-3. It takes time to learn the code, regardless of what you choose to go with. Building a player base will also take time and money to build as well. In any case, I wish you the best!! 🙂

• Like 1

Hello and Welcome,

Your enthusiasm is commendable and you will likely need to maintain this momentum because commitment will be required given many games have come and gone after the initial warm feeling has faded.

It is a big advantage to have some coding knowledge, even if its just being able to change a font size/weight/colour or change somethings position on a page. The ability to do this develops over time and an intensive crash course  should certainly help but you should not expect to become an expert coder overnight. There are long term members of this site for example, who readily admit their coding efforts when they first started out fifteen years ago were very ordinary and so patience will be the key.

That being said, you personally do not need to be an expert coder when there is so much help available from those who have acquired vast amounts of experience over a long period of time. There are many members here on MWG's who are available to provide their coding services to assist in developing your game and there are numerous platforms outside of this one offering similar services. Yes you will have to fork out some gold when using them but thats going to be part of the deal.

Building a player/user base is the holy grail every webmaster strives for. You can have the prettiest site with the coolest features offering the most remarkable benefits to its users but if on-one visits the site its all for nought. Many factors are going to influence just who visits your site, things like your on and off page SEO, your sites position in the SERP's, is your game ergonomically and aesthetically pleasing, is it interesting enough that players want to keep returning, do you advertise it (paid and unpaid)? Organic traffic from search engines and word of mouth endorsements from other players will be the most valuable traffic source's but your going to have to convince these entities why you should be on the first search page for certain keywords and why a player should tell his mates about your game and invite them along to join in.

Sooo, get your game right before anything else, look at it objectively from a third parties perspective and provide a compelling reason for players to want to keep returning and for new ones to visit. Along with that, recognise that the game is going to change/develop over time and that nothing should be locked in stone. Many of the big sites started with a basic script years ago that has evolved over time and your game also should have some degree of fluidity about it, keeping it fresh and interesting.

As for purchasing an established game "in your budget", while you have not suggested what that budget is its likely to be not that much, making the old adage "you get what you pay for" completely relevant to the discussion. There are a couple of games presently for sale on Flippa but their prices begin at USD$1000 and they are fixer uppers to be sure but perhaps someone here can offer you something along the lines of what it is your seeking.

There is lots to learn and lots to do and I wish you every success going forward. 🙂

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 7/31/2021 at 8:09 AM, CrazyElk said:

Hello and Welcome,

Your enthusiasm is commendable and you will likely need to maintain this momentum because commitment will be required given many games have come and gone after the initial warm feeling has faded.

It is a big advantage to have some coding knowledge, even if its just being able to change a font size/weight/colour or change somethings position on a page. The ability to do this develops over time and an intensive crash course  should certainly help but you should not expect to become an expert coder overnight. There are long term members of this site for example, who readily admit their coding efforts when they first started out fifteen years ago were very ordinary and so patience will be the key.

That being said, you personally do not need to be an expert coder when there is so much help available from those who have acquired vast amounts of experience over a long period of time. There are many members here on MWG's who are available to provide their coding services to assist in developing your game and there are numerous platforms outside of this one offering similar services. Yes you will have to fork out some gold when using them but thats going to be part of the deal.

Building a player/user base is the holy grail every webmaster strives for. You can have the prettiest site with the coolest features offering the most remarkable benefits to its users but if on-one visits the site its all for nought. Many factors are going to influence just who visits your site, things like your on and off page SEO, your sites position in the SERP's, is your game ergonomically and aesthetically pleasing, is it interesting enough that players want to keep returning, do you advertise it (paid and unpaid)? Organic traffic from search engines and word of mouth endorsements from other players will be the most valuable traffic source's but your going to have to convince these entities why you should be on the first search page for certain keywords and why a player should tell his mates about your game and invite them along to join in.

Sooo, get your game right before anything else, look at it objectively from a third parties perspective and provide a compelling reason for players to want to keep returning and for new ones to visit. Along with that, recognise that the game is going to change/develop over time and that nothing should be locked in stone. Many of the big sites started with a basic script years ago that has evolved over time and your game also should have some degree of fluidity about it, keeping it fresh and interesting.

As for purchasing an established game "in your budget", while you have not suggested what that budget is its likely to be not that much, making the old adage "you get what you pay for" completely relevant to the discussion. There are a couple of games presently for sale on Flippa but their prices begin at USD$1000 and they are fixer uppers to be sure but perhaps someone here can offer you something along the lines of what it is your seeking.

There is lots to learn and lots to do and I wish you every success going forward. 🙂

you have done excellent work but i am unable to activate my account at your website email is not coming 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...