MakeWebGames

Logging in

Canjucks

I'm getting some odd behaviour logging in. Its really strange its just started happening today. When I login , use the correct username and password the page just flashes and just returns to the login again. If I remove ?page=login&action=login then I go to the loggedin state. When i logout I go to a white screen and if I refresh it returns back to login screen. 

I have cleared browser cache and cookies with issue still remaining. So here I am posting seeing if anyone has the same issue? or has had the same and perhaps could present a solution to try as I am a bit lost to why its only now happening.

update -> in part have fixed the logout issue. I still don't know what is happening with the login. It will be an unplayable game if players have to edit the address just to login.

If you're getting a whitescreen, it typically means the server is not responding with only headers and no body. This is likely a server-side issue.

• Is there anything in the web server error log?
  • Have you debugged this with turning on verbose error logging with E_ALL? https://stackify.com/display-php-errors/
  • Is your server storage full and unable to write session files?
  • Is this an error state of an unrecognised user/pass combination - if so, account for non-happy paths to show appropriate user-friendly error messages

@Sim I found the issue it was the User Actions mod but first before I report it back to you officially I'm going to try and reinstall just in case something went astray in my changing of development environments.

14 hours ago, sniko said:

If you're getting a whitescreen, it typically means the server is not responding with only headers and no body. This is likely a server-side issue.

• Is there anything in the web server error log?
  • Have you debugged this with turning on verbose error logging with E_ALL? https://stackify.com/display-php-errors/
  • Is your server storage full and unable to write session files?
  • Is this an error state of an unrecognised user/pass combination - if so, account for non-happy paths to show appropriate user-friendly error messages

I did that changed the config file so I could get the errors on the screen did the trick thanks @sniko

1 minute ago, Canjucks said:

@Sim I found the issue it was the User Actions mod but first before I report it back to you officially I'm going to try and reinstall just in case something went astray in my changing of development environments.

Its very possible if you did not edit the login.inc.php file

Just now, Sim said:

I think thats it as that has changed since. I'll check that now..

13 minutes ago, Sim said:

Checked it and works now lol....I didn't realize you had an update @Sim oh well fixed now thanks bud