MakeWebGames

File not found

Deand2331

Hi all I have changed my game to a new host. Everything is as it should be apart from when I click on city.php or any other link for that matter is states file not found.. 

I can login and see my main page but when i click any link ie home, inventory etc I get a file not found message.. Any ideas or advice 

Hmm now when I click on any link it just refreshes the page

Yeah I can actually login to the game but when I click on the links it's just refreshing or saying file not found 

so my files are uploaded correctly but i also have other files that are in folders but the server wont actually recognize them. whats the simplest way to redirect or shall i just dump all files in the folders into the public_html 

17 hours ago, Magictallguy said:

Got an .htaccess file hiding somewhere? There could be directives within it overriding intended behaviour

If you don't know where to find it you will need to show hidden files in cpanel. 

To me it seems like your new dns has not kicked in yet have you did these sorts of checks to make sure your DNS is fine.

transfer domains or just update nameservers?

Edited by SwiftGameR

On 7/9/2020 at 9:06 PM, Magictallguy said:

It is odd that an invalid database connection would lead to a 404.
Mind sharing a little more info, should anyone else happen to run into this?

It never created the 404 it either kept refreshing the same page or gave me a txt in the corner stating file not found. The reason for this was alot of my code was in folders and it was not reading this so I done a full install again which corrected it