MakeWebGames

Smart rings

Sim

What does everyone think of these smart rings? As far as I can see there isn't much they can do at this point and time except use the RFID. Id like to see a nice one too when it can be used too talk and play music.

I'm not sure at this moment I see the point, even when the talking and music functionality comes, still not sure of the point this is what we spend literally thousands every year on for our phones. I can see the appeal of opening the doors to your house/garage but then again I equally like the worn out fabric of my back pockets where my keys have been over the years so *shrugs*

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sim said:

What does everyone think of these smart rings? As far as I can see there isn't much they can do at this point and time except use the RFID. Id like to see a nice one too when it can be used too talk and play music.

I personally like the idea i know their is one on the market which also provides wallet transactions which can be very helpful if you forget your phone or wallet as home. https://mclear.com/ very good product for things like that and also as they use low power communication they cant be used as a tracking device

14 minutes ago, Sim said:

I've did a little reading where employees have to read them which tracks them in there building and are looking like keybcards.

yes they can be tracked this way if you use them as an access pass but this is no different to using a normal pass to access buildings, will just say where the pass was uses and the permissions that are available to this pass.