MakeWebGames

Decided to start my own game (GL)

Sim

I've been coding and on these forums for many years and never released any games, usually scripts or Mini-games or providing freelance services. But, now is the time I will start developing a game of my own. I believe as of now it may follow the gangster theme, but I am more worried about the game mechanics for now.

I will be using the GL script, more of the framework then the actual script itself. I am going to delete %90 of the modules that come with it as it won't work with the gameplay mechanics I have in mind. The game will not be ticked based but more time based. Here's a run down of the first few things I will be adding 

Players will select a Nationality, example: American, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, African. Each nationality will have a unique gangster that no nationality will have and each nationality will have some different kind of bonus that no other nationality has.

Examples: One will be giving an attack bonus, or defenses bonus, or speed bonus.

Since players are selecting a nationality, they will be assigned that Mob Boss. The mob boss really serves no purpose. Players must hire and choose other Gangsters to play the game with. Instead of having to wait to commit any action in the game how must games are now, commit crimes, travel, ect. These crimes take X amount of time to complete. Since they take X amount of time to complete, players can have more then one Gangster. There will be several different type of gangster types to chose from giving each one there own strengths and weaknesses. Examples: some may have bonuses at stealing while technology crimes are less likely to be successful. Or have a bonus at car jacking, while no good at fighting. With being allowed to play and do actions with more than one character. This allows more group related crimes to take place.

I also plan to add some sort of government system to the game. There will be several types of Governor's where players vote in every X amount of time. Some will be sticker on certain crimes while not as tough on others. This will allow me to add a Wanted system in the game where characters can be placed in jail for longer then a few minutes. As well as to extend some jail features that matter in the game. Also with allowing people to have and control more then on character, this allows for PERMANENT Character Deaths to take place, as players levels increase it will allow them to level up new characters faster due newer and more rewarded actions.

This is my starting point of what I should be basing my game around. I won't know what actual features are going to be included until I have these nationalities, character and government system coded. After those are finished, the core of the he mechanics will be in place to work around.

Edit: I might not even start coding this until after the mod contest is over. I also will be developing sort of slow as I am not trying to spend all day and night online or programming. And being on a cellphone definitely doesn't help me with development speed. So a lot of the first couple weeks will be writing and jotting notes down on pen and paper. I'm not trying to go back and change a lot of core features.

Edited by Sim
  • Like 4

Sounds nice i play a game from time to time now and kinda has similar features to you talking about 

they detect your country its self tho but you get to pick from like 

• Hitman
  • Business Man
  • Gangster
  • Robber
  • Pimp

each have special befits and ranks and tasks to do to upgrade to the next level but with each upgrade they get bonuses + disadvantages 

added link to game if you wanna check it out.

The Crims

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Aight guys. I am seeking someone who would like to help run and manage a game. Revenue split will be 60/40. The extra %10 will go towards game resources. Hosting, designs, art, ECT.

What yo get from me is a programmer with over 20 testers experience. If it can be done, it will get done. I will also be adding new content and advertising myself. Ex: everyday I log in, add one or two new things to the game minimum and the content will grow tremendously over the year.

Besides what is already posted about some of the uniqueness, I already have established a modified crimes and theft mod which allows the crimes to be committed against a random player and theft against a random player. The crime messages are also not your standard GL messages. Custom success fail messages are displayed as well as a separate messages for being committed against a user.

I also have a very detailed item system in the works. If your programmer, the item system uses 8 separate table's. Now that fairly big if yo ask me. 🙂

Edit: I'm glad MWG saves your message while swhipping since I just got the back button. 🙂

Edited by Sim
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I am excited to say @InverTed has joined the project. We will announce more details and information on this project when the time is ready.

With what everyone has seen from me and his recent revival of his own personal project, I am fairly certain this is going to be a project that drops jaws in awe.;)

• 1 month later...

Sim PM me your discord or

On 4/26/2020 at 6:11 PM, Sim said:

I've been coding and on these forums for many years and never released any games, usually scripts or Mini-games or providing freelance services. But, now is the time I will start developing a game of my own. I believe as of now it may follow the gangster theme, but I am more worried about the game mechanics for now.

I will be using the GL script, more of the framework then the actual script itself. I am going to delete %90 of the modules that come with it as it won't work with the gameplay mechanics I have in mind. The game will not be ticked based but more time based. Here's a run down of the first few things I will be adding 

Players will select a Nationality, example: American, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, African. Each nationality will have a unique gangster that no nationality will have and each nationality will have some different kind of bonus that no other nationality has.

Examples: One will be giving an attack bonus, or defenses bonus, or speed bonus.

Since players are selecting a nationality, they will be assigned that Mob Boss. The mob boss really serves no purpose. Players must hire and choose other Gangsters to play the game with. Instead of having to wait to commit any action in the game how must games are now, commit crimes, travel, ect. These crimes take X amount of time to complete. Since they take X amount of time to complete, players can have more then one Gangster. There will be several different type of gangster types to chose from giving each one there own strengths and weaknesses. Examples: some may have bonuses at stealing while technology crimes are less likely to be successful. Or have a bonus at car jacking, while no good at fighting. With being allowed to play and do actions with more than one character. This allows more group related crimes to take place.

I also plan to add some sort of government system to the game. There will be several types of Governor's where players vote in every X amount of time. Some will be sticker on certain crimes while not as tough on others. This will allow me to add a Wanted system in the game where characters can be placed in jail for longer then a few minutes. As well as to extend some jail features that matter in the game. Also with allowing people to have and control more then on character, this allows for PERMANENT Character Deaths to take place, as players levels increase it will allow them to level up new characters faster due newer and more rewarded actions.

This is my starting point of what I should be basing my game around. I won't know what actual features are going to be included until I have these nationalities, character and government system coded. After those are finished, the core of the he mechanics will be in place to work around.

Edit: I might not even start coding this until after the mod contest is over. I also will be developing sort of slow as I am not trying to spend all day and night online or programming. And being on a cellphone definitely doesn't help me with development speed. So a lot of the first couple weeks will be writing and jotting notes down on pen and paper. I'm not trying to go back and change a lot of core features.

If your still lurking about I just purchased GLv2 along with some add-ons.

PM me your discord or skype and maybe we can get in to a call.

Edited by ricki b

I already wrote a long topic)my half or the work trying to find partner. And it says message me and they yelling me to message them.

The closer I get to find release product. There are likely I'll want a partner and give code to anyone. I would have done put in most of the wo