MakeWebGames

New potential direction for Gangster Legends V2?

Dayo

Good idea?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but leave GLv2 Repository Up

With Gangster Legends its very hard to make a different genre of game with it. Im wondering if it would be easier to develop, maintain and expand if i stripped 90% of the modules out of the game and released them free of charge. What would be left is a very basic framework that you could use for a Mafia Game, Si-Fi Game or even nothing to do with gaming. You could for example install nothing but the forum mod and have a private forum.

The core would have:

• A basic bootstrap template
  • User management
  • The admin panel
  • The module manager
  • The Theme manager
  • An improved module manager where you can add module repository's and install modules directly from the ACP (no need to install GIT or upload zip files)

Free Modules:

• Every module currently in GL v2
  • The current GL v2 Theme 

What do people think of this idea?

Edited by Dayo
  • Like 2

i like the idea of striping the modules, you will be able to use what you actualy need this will make the engine fast AF, at the same time you will be able to use it as a CMS jsut like u saif if u need to make a private forums then thats just as easy as install it.

2 hours ago, Dave said:

This sounds great, it'd enable you to create bundles of different modules for different genres. So all existing modules would be part of the mafia package and then in time you could release other bundles for other genres.

you made it sound so cool ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave said:

This sounds great, it'd enable you to create bundles of different modules for different genres. So all existing modules would be part of the mafia package and then in time you could release other bundles for other genres.

It's like you read my mind, I was working on the UI to install multiple modules at once. You would provide a zip file with two folders themes and modules. In each could be multiple zipfilea and it would install one at a time ?

4 hours ago, Dayo said:

It's like you read my mind, I was working on the UI to install multiple modules at once. You would provide a zip file with two folders themes and modules. In each could be multiple zipfilea and it would install one at a time ?

That'd be pretty awesome! 

• 3 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 3:44 AM, Dayo said:

With Gangster Legends its very hard to make a different genre of game with it. Im wondering if it would be easier to develop, maintain and expand if i stripped 90% of the modules out of the game and released them free of charge. What would be left is a very basic framework that you could use for a Mafia Game, Si-Fi Game or even nothing to do with gaming. You could for example install nothing but the forum mod and have a private forum.

The core would have:

• A basic bootstrap template
  • User management
  • The admin panel
  • The module manager
  • The Theme manager
  • An improved module manager where you can add module repository's and install modules directly from the ACP (no need to install GIT or upload zip files)

Free Modules:

• Every module currently in GL v2
  • The current GL v2 Theme 

What do people think of this idea?

TBH id think almost along the lines of torn.com but with a more mobster appeal obvi!