MakeWebGames

Where to start

DeeComm

Which game script is the best to use as a starter and is the most easiest to mod, i have used mccode years ago and know very little about coding just want to know which script is easiest to work with so i can mess around with it and maybe learn a thing or two along the way, thanks in advance guys!

**sorry if posted in wrong section wasn't sure where to post**

You want something to mess around with that's easily modifiable? A subjective question - "ease" changes from person to person.
However..

If you're after a testing ground of sorts and want something familiar and it works out of the box? MCCv2's got my vote.
gRPG v1 comes with its own set of challenges if you'd like the learning curve (and don't mind a few bald spots).
NEAB's a little less known (shame, really.. decent enough code) and could be considered "harder to modify", but that's using MCC as a basis of comparison
There are also thousands more TBRPG engines available that I haven't mentioned either - not for preference, but for lacking memory

Each engine has pros and cons. I feel MCCv2 would have the most gradual learning curve - it pulls apart and goes back together again simply enough

• Like 3

On 8/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, lucky3809 said:

To be honest the Mccode script may be a little outdated, but it's a good starter engine for someone who knows nothing about coding. I started with a generic login script before anything else.

I did use MCCODES almost 10 years ago when i was 14-16 but have not messed with it for a while i might buy a copy soon and mess around. thank you for the fast reply! ?

On 8/26/2019 at 7:11 AM, Magictallguy said:

You want something to mess around with that's easily modifiable? A subjective question - "ease" changes from person to person.
However..

If you're after a testing ground of sorts and want something familiar and it works out of the box? MCCv2's got my vote.
gRPG v1 comes with its own set of challenges if you'd like the learning curve (and don't mind a few bald spots).
NEAB's a little less known (shame, really.. decent enough code) and could be considered "harder to modify", but that's using MCC as a basis of comparison
There are also thousands more TBRPG engines available that I haven't mentioned either - not for preference, but for lacking memory

Each engine has pros and cons. I feel MCCv2 would have the most gradual learning curve - it pulls apart and goes back together again simply enough

Hey mate thank you for the reply this was very helpful! i have messaged adam about the gRPG script, i remember just before i stopped visiting MWG that NEAB was being spoken about as a project i never really looked any further into it though

4 hours ago, DeeComm said:

I did use MCCODES almost 10 years ago when i was 14-16 but have not messed with it for a while i might buy a copy soon and mess around. thank you for the fast reply! ?

Happy to donate my copy of MCCV2, if it's something you're interested in. ( no use for it personally )

(edit: Assuming the transfer option still works )

image.png.44ffca4cefa3d381b99dae7e27dcf4f8.png

Edited by Djkanna
  • Like 1

Mr Kaine! Been a while. Glad to see you're still as awesome as ever.

Mccodes has more of an easy learning curve than most engines with arguably less bugs.

GRPG is my personal favorite (HTML outside of PHP). Though is comes with it's own nest of bugs.

EzRPG is a great base with little of anything else.

Gangster Legends v2 is a good starting point but lacks a community.

NEaB is overpriced but great for a more graphical approach to web gaming.

• Like 2