MakeWebGames

Mobster Story 2019

DopeboyGFX

Hello MWGC! I am excited about the relaunch. I am currently working on my game after some years of being away. Right now we are in a beta state and welcome all members to try out the game. I believe that the game is close to a stable stage but I can't really say so without testers. Prior to the relaunch of MWG, the game was being exposed to players who were new to grpg but some existing users. What i ask if for you to give feedback here or as a message in game with any issues or vulnerabilities so I can make sure the game is good to go for an official launch. Mobster Story was built on the free copy of grpg via git. (Link in forum). What makes MS stand out a little is the new Drug Smuggling Mod that was added at the beginning of the year. So please feel free to join up, once you reach level 5 min send me a message and I will award you a Brief Case so that you can smuggle some drugs city to city for a profit ? 

https://mobsterstory.com

- Thanks dave, thank you members of MWG. so excited ? LOL

• Like 4

Hey,

Like the layout of the site, and the loading speed is very good.

I haven't really played these type of web games before so I was a little unsure what to do at first. You could possibly code a tutorial, maybe an overlay highlighting some starting things to do, and of course an option to skip. Even just a few absolute positioned divs marking the first things to do.

I used my 5 nerve to try a lottery scam, and I got put in jail for 50 minutes haha. I was actually pretty gutted I got caught and will have to wait now, maybe an option to post bail?

Fun though, I like it!

Max

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, max3009 said:

Hey,

Like the layout of the site, and the loading speed is very good.

I haven't really played these type of web games before so I was a little unsure what to do at first. You could possibly code a tutorial, maybe an overlay highlighting some starting things to do, and of course an option to skip. Even just a few absolute positioned divs marking the first things to do.

I used my 5 nerve to try a lottery scam, and I got put in jail for 50 minutes haha. I was actually pretty gutted I got caught and will have to wait now, maybe an option to post bail?

Fun though, I like it!

Max

Heye max i highly appreciate your feedback and this is how im able to fix certain things with the game. I've been trying to think of the best way to g about the tutorial but its in the works. as for the jail time i believe it just says 50 mins but its 20 mins "D i busted you out btw ha. Thanks 

On 3/1/2019 at 8:14 PM, WarMad said:

wow i really like the "clean" look it has i will give more input after i play for a bit

thanks ? im trying!

Thank you WarMad for joining the beta and providing a lot of feedback of some broken buttons and issues with some pages. ?

Only had 10 shares 

* You need to get that stock market secured properly mate could cause big problems at launch 

* also your text on the inputs is white which is bad due to the input box being white 

* You can buy items from other shops by editing id in url was in store.php

You have purchased a Padded Shirt

You have sold 10100 shares for a total of $718110 ($79 per share X 10100 shares - $79790 transaction fee)

You have sold 19999999 shares for a total of $7.200018719999E+14 ($40000106 per share X 19999999 shares - $80000207999990 transaction fee)

Edited by NonStopCoding

Yea stock market was a big issue with old grpg script back in the day there is another issue within the files but can't remember exactly which file it was but you could edit the value using inspect and buy more points (might of been point market or something along the lines of that) just in case you missed it.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:38 AM, NonStopCoding said:

Only had 10 shares 

* You need to get that stock market secured properly mate could cause big problems at launch 

* also your text on the inputs is white which is bad due to the input box being white 

* You can buy items from other shops by editing id in url was in store.php

You have purchased a Padded Shirt

You have sold 10100 shares for a total of $718110 ($79 per share X 10100 shares - $79790 transaction fee)

You have sold 19999999 shares for a total of $7.200018719999E+14 ($40000106 per share X 19999999 shares - $80000207999990 transaction fee)

This has been repaired ?

Thank you for all of those contributing to the project and partaking in the BETA. In the most recent update, we've done an overhaul on security. With that being said I want to welcome those that are aware of vulnerabilities, exploit and report here if possible. Thank you to all! Thank you @NonStopCoding and @Magictallguy for some info on weak points in game. 

• Like 3