MakeWebGames

Unity Discussion

Dave

As part of the new forum structure I want to bring some new game engines to the community. Unity is a great engine that can create amazingly complex games which rival those of the major games studio.

http://unity3d.com

Unity is a flexible and powerful development platform for creating multiplatform 3D and 2D games and interactive experiences. It's a complete ecosystem for anyone who aims to build a business on creating high-end content and connecting to their most loyal and enthusiastic players and customers.

If anyone has any suggestions for sub-boards please reply here.

I used Unity 3D for one of my games and I am not a fan of it at all. First, they load the size of your app with just the software alone. They lock you in for at least 1 year contract if you want the Premium, that you must pay no matter what. Some issues when trying to use Chartboost, as well. Overall, I like creating apps from scratch. More control, less weight and easier to maneuver.

• Like 1

I used Unity 3D for one of my games and I am not a fan of it at all. First, they load the size of your app with just the software alone. They lock you in for at least 1 year contract if you want the Premium, that you must pay no matter what. Some issues when trying to use Chartboost, as well. Overall, I like creating apps from scratch. More control, less weight and easier to maneuver.

I totally agree with this, I guess they were trying to provide an easy interface to those who are new to the industry. Native will always be best.

If anyone has any suggestions for sub-boards please reply here.

Doesn't need any sub boards yet. Once the category itself grows, create sub-categories. Otherwise be a ton of empty categories once again. You could use "Thread Prefixes" in the meantime if you worried about "organization".