MakeWebGames

TIL - When you're right, you're wrong (in some cases)

~Rob0t

As we all know, the personality behind the handle [MENTION=69823]jcvenom[/MENTION] (aka [MENTION=69347]crimec[/MENTION]) is "hated/in bad light" because of some previous events that went down - generally big-mouth-no-action and attempting to drop some tables - don't take this post as me trying to defend his previous actions because it's not; I joined in on this talk regarding those actions and was against him (see this thread (Jcvenom) for those who missed it) but

There was a thread (Maps) that was posted by [MENTION=58812]peterisgb[/MENTION] that gave away a free modification. I replied with a negative, yet helpful review and it was accepted by the community. [MENTION=69347]crimec[/MENTION] then replied some time after - which is basically the same negative review I gave (http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/46665-Maps?p=313951&viewfull=1#post313951) and he's not wrong in his post - the ideas behind his message convey the same as I wrote, yet he was called out only because he's;

• Not contributed enough to the community
  • His past actions has made him a bad person

Please note, his reply and my reply convey the same (he's not wrong), but the community diverged the thread just to point out that he's done nothing to the community.

TL;DR Keep things on topic, don't diverge. Don't "make someone wrong even if they're correct because they aren't liked".

Edited by ~Rob0t

No, you provided constructive criticism.

[MENTION=69347]crimec[/MENTION] just essentially copied a couple of things you've said, put it into 1 sentence to try and make it sounds like he knows what he is doing when in reality he doesn't because he can't code. He's always trying to be popular in his age group 4 rl.

Oh and before you say that it was the same kind of post blah blah blah, I don't like you either ;)

Maybe it was a *little* harsh, the feedback that he got. He is only 12 or something. BUT, [MENTION=71662]CaptainQuack[/MENTION] is right, if you pretend you're not annoyed by someone copying exactly what you say but just changing the words in order to sound intelligent then you're a liar and a thief.

Also, I'm really good at sports and popular with people in my age group.

I completely agree with you but I figured this would be a perfect opportunity to give my two cents because I did receive some flack for deleting some posts and I do believe it could have been more constructive but maybe us as a community could have asked for that and we could have killed two birds with one stone. We could have gotten a more constructive answer and we could have seen his skill level in action and possibly provided feedback on that.

I too do not want to defend him because his response(s) was completely uncalled for

I would agree with [MENTION=71662]CaptainQuack[/MENTION], I'm not just trying to join the band wagon I was going to post my thoughts when I initially saw his post on the "Maps" thread but thought I'd leave it. However I would also agree that people are judging him based on his past indiscretions (not saying they shouldn't) however they may need to ease it up a little.

Edited by Script47