MakeWebGames

Looking to possibly sell Game/template

Bloodhound

Hi all as of lately i have not been able to do much work on my game i have been working on due to personal issues.

http://www.revolution2030.com is the game, it still needs some work. Most everything in there now is just filler so it could be tested while i worked on some things.

Demo Account

Username : Demo

Passsword : demo

Right now I'm just looking for offers, please don't make offers of $1 i spent a good amount just on the layout which was created by Pete.

Thank you

Edited by Bloodhound

• 4 weeks later...

What someone paid for something and the going market price is usually 2 different things. This goes for many things, not just websites. :)

The template is nice, but otherwise it's a fairly basic MCC setup with no distinguishing real game features and no user base. Can I ask if its been secured against the basic database hack attacks and the like?

True, but if i was going to sell it for $15 i might aswell strip the template off it give you the raw code with out the paid modifications aswell. As for it being secured yes it is.

Im selling a game with a template, yes no user base but i never said it had a user base. Its the Game/Template. So sorry if i take offence to a $1-50 offer.

Edited by Bloodhound

Well saying that paying money to improve something then expecting to sell it on for around the same price isn't the same thing is technically true but at the same time, it's not to say that you shouldn't get close to what you paid back. He's selling a game, the license on its own costs $100 retail. Let's just say it's got for $50. Not worth it but still we'll overlook that as I make my point.

You then go out and pay $100 for a template. that's now $150.

Now you buy some modifications, add a bit of content to the game, say another $50.

You've now spent $200.

Without releasing the game , it wouldn't be wrong to be wanting to get say $180-$200.

By buying the template and mods value has been added to the game. So to not expect roughly the amount you have paid back then is stupid.

If a buyer was left to their own devices, they would have to pay $200 to get a game to the same point as the seller has.

Therefore, for a buyer to say that they will only pay approx. $100 for something that is worth approx. $200 is stupid in my opinion. The only time that works is when the seller is desperate, if not, the seller can just work on the game themselves?