MakeWebGames

IceColdCola is building Final Edition engine.

RCengineOwner

So you may know me for the RC engine and the UOTS engine. Both engines were very tied to the games in which they were built for. Which ment a lot of manual installing and editing.

I am now around half way through working on my final edition engine. Why final edition? Because of the way i have manipulated the engine. In such a way you can auto install updates...

Thats right!!! On the staff panel is a section in which you can click "Check for updates". Anything i, you or the community have made for this engine will appear there.

Updates from me will be bug fixes, engine improvements etc. Illusions is also working along side me to make you some great modifications!

Of course you all know of illusions :)

The engine has been encrypted. I am afraid there is no way i will be removing the encryption. Reason why? I have had too many people sell my engines on before.

This way it checks with your domain to make sure you have a valid copy. Using a professional (paid for) encryption team. It is unreversible.

The engine has a whole new world of staff features. There is an installer with this engine. You can alter so many things as an admin you just might now have to ever open up a file again!!!!

The engine will come with standard features which you expect to see with most game engines. But everything you can imagine will be available for download.

Any ideas are welcome. Launch set for end of march 2015.

IceColdCola.

Just going to point out that encrypting the engine will only deter a few people, you've now also told us how it communicates with your server, saves whoever cracks a little bit of work.

BY also encrypting it you are stopping people from modding it.. that's a negative imo.

But they can know how it works :) They still wont get around it lol. Believe me. You would have to see the files to understand. If they remove the encrypted code the engine will simply crash and die... Even if they was to do the impossible and decode the encryption, the code they seen would still need to stay in the files else the engine would not work. They would need to basically rebuild the whole thing... Half the engine is in my control ;) They do not get the whole engine, half of it stays my end :)

But they can know how it works :) They still wont get around it lol. Believe me. You would have to see the files to understand. If they remove the encrypted code the engine will simply crash and die... Even if they was to do the impossible and decode the encryption, the code they seen would still need to stay in the files else the engine would not work. They would need to basically rebuild the whole thing... Half the engine is in my control ;) They do not get the whole engine, half of it stays my end :)

So if something were to happen on your end like you forget to pay your bill, DDoS attacks, or even scheduled maintenance, the consumer would be left in the dust for the time being?

While its good in Theory, i see this turning into a disaster. Many mainstream scripts that have gotten information from outside ones domain this year has gotten owned. Some just by fetching the version #s. I am sure these developers are more experienced then you and you want to a lot of script work on an external site aka yours?

xenForo, phpBB, vBulletin have a hard time doing this. xenForo gets decrypted all the time.

However; I would be more concerned about not being able to modify/change built in internal features.

While its good in Theory, i see this turning into a disaster. Many mainstream scripts that have gotten information from outside ones domain this year has gotten owned. Some just by fetching the version #s. I am sure these developers are more experienced then you and you want to a lot of script work on an external site aka yours?

xenForo, phpBB, vBulletin have a hard time doing this. xenForo gets decrypted all the time.

However; I would be more concerned about not being able to modify/change built in internal features.

You can still modify internal features... Very easily. I do not think you realise who i am lol. I am Icecoldcola. Just ask anyone and they will tell you how long i have been about in these forums ;) I can assure you even if others have failed. I have made it pracrically impossible for this to fail. It will work and when it is up and running you will see for yourself :) "Some just by fetching the version #s" (nothing to do with how this engine works)...

Basically the engine remote includes a php file off my server. If the person does not own a license it will simply kill the script. If they do own a license the script will run as normal. Anything i add to my end the user has complete control over. They just do not get the script... If they did happen to recode all the few hundred functions (highly unlikely) then i would take legal action against them in court. Either way i win :)

You can still modify internal features... Very easily. I do not think you realise who i am lol. I am Icecoldcola. Just ask anyone and they will tell you how long i have been about in these forums ;) I can assure you even if others have failed. I have made it pracrically impossible for this to fail. It will work and when it is up and running you will see for yourself :) "Some just by fetching the version #s" (nothing to do with how this engine works)...

Basically the engine remote includes a php file off my server. If the person does not own a license it will simply kill the script. If they do own a license the script will run as normal. Anything i add to my end the user has complete control over. They just do not get the script... If they did happen to recode all the few hundred functions (highly unlikely) then i would take legal action against them in court. Either way i win :)

Does it matter that your Icecoldcola? Whoever you or he/she is, they not the best. Major corporations can not secure things fully so what makes you think you can? If Icecoldcola is some guru, they would know Security does not exist.

Give you 100 to 1 odd's your getting decrypted and pirated most likely within 1st month depending on who gets a hold of your script.

I am betting a few hundred functions do not need to be re-coded. All one needs to do is figure out what is being sent to your server and returned from your server and 1 new file/function to "fake" licensing... Encryption isn't all its hyped up to be either.. ;\

Anyway, I don't want to argue. I wish you the best of the luck & looking forward to seeing how this turns out (feature wise).

Does it matter that your Icecoldcola? Whoever you or he/she is, they not the best. Major corporations can not secure things fully so what makes you think you can? If Icecoldcola is some guru, they would know Security does not exist.

Give you 100 to 1 odd's your getting decrypted and pirated most likely within 1st month depending on who gets a hold of your script.

I am betting a few hundred functions do not need to be re-coded. All one needs to do is figure out what is being sent to your server and returned from your server and 1 new file/function to "fake" licensing... Encryption isn't all its hyped up to be either.. ;\

Anyway, I don't want to argue. I wish you the best of the luck & looking forward to seeing how this turns out (feature wise).

I completely agree that yes, some people can decrypt almost anything. But i am not expecting a miracle. What i will say is this. If the person removes the decryption they will no longer be able to use the auto install of updates. Meaning they will not even know they exist unless their partner in crime tells them they have the latest update to forward on to them. Which will then require legal action taken against them. My main concern is to prevent people from stealing my scripts. I guess someone could find a way to access the code that is on my end. But that is also encrypted meaning unless they can decode a hell of a lot of seperately encrypted functions they would have to rewrite all the functions manually. I have used a high end company for my encryption which i have been assured on stack overflow is pretty much impossible to decode. I did not even want to go to these lengths but unfortunatelly we have to if we don't want to make it easy for them lol. The functions that are my end dont even have names, they are numbers and letters. Meaning that none of it would even make sense if it was decoded. So in reality if someone has a LOT of time on their hands. The script should remain safe. Again if i find anyone using the script on an unregistered domain i will take legal action against them (DMCA, Solicitors or even court). I am registering the engine with The Millenium Copyright Act too. So that the script is registered as copyright to me. Meaning nobody can lie and claim it as their work. Other than that this should be a fun engine for everyone to use. It makes running a game SO easy i cannot explain until i create a demo account for you guys to see the staff features. I may even open a new game myself with this engine.

-Icecoldcola.

I guess someone could find a way to access the code that is on my end. But that is also encrypted meaning unless they can decode a hell of a lot of seperately encrypted functions they would have to rewrite all the functions manually.

-Icecoldcola.

Unrelated to encyption, I don't know understand why there would be a hell of a lot of code on your end that would be required for my end... =0

What is estimated price range?

Unrelated to encyption, I don't know understand why there would be a hell of a lot of code on your end that would be required for my end... =0

What is estimated price range?

An estimate price is to be discussed with other developers of this engine. But it will be pretty cheap for the initial engine (core).

The functions we keep our end are simple functions. For example lets say staff colors.

In the staff panel you can simply change these staff colors to what you prefer. But our end is what deals with them colors.

There are a lot of functions our end but the user has complete controll over them via staff panel meaning that they are not being kept from altering anything in the engine.

The core engine will contain your typical features. The menu, user panel (energy etc...), content area with some pages available such as jobs, newspaper, items page, shops, gym, forums, users online, properties, education, quests(crimes?? Depends what theme you choose). And a lot more.

For the more advanced features such as stockmarkets, companies and other big add ons. They will be available for a fair cost.

We also aim to make a monthly (28th of each month) free add on. These will be as great of quality as the paid mods.

The updates will be simply extra staff functionality, faster scripts and bug fixes.

There is a ticket submit/view/reply built into the staff panel meaning no third party sites to get support.

Our aim is to make it easy for ANYONE to install this engine and get a game open in a matter of hours. (full of content)

Litterally there will be no need to open phpmyadmin or file manager for any reason unless you wish to tinker with the script. Which you as a license holder can do freely.

Although if you make any changes to scripts and there is an update and you choose auto install the update, all changes since distribution will be overwritten.

But there is also an option to maunally install updates (means you can keep any changes you have made in the files)

It will of course tell you which files/tables are going to be effected.

Aswel as that you can submit modifications to our community website, which will appear on everyones staff panel.

Screenshots will be a must and they must be tested by a developer of the engine before they will be added to the mod list.

They can be free (option for donations kindly accepted) OR you can set a price for the modification.

You can also set wether the modification is instant (requires the user to accept money to go through our paypal to redeem at a later date)

Or set the number of hours you will email them the script. Which will be direct to your paypal.

You must then send then confirm cleared payment and they will receive a notification that the files are now available to download via staff panel. (zip)

This also helps to protect you as a seller as we will be able to provide paypal with evidence someone has payed and evidence someone has sent the files.

MUCH MUCH more i cannot even think to explain right now. But i am hoping this will be a great engine for you guys to enjoy!

-Icecoldcola.

Any code samples?

Not sure about the whole encryption thing. If it's done well, and your dedicated to support the engine I doubt a small call back to would be much of an issue.

There will be a documentation to the engine on the community website :)

This means it will explain functions. As people ask for support with certain functions we will also add FAQ's for them subjects.

-Icecoldcola.

To be honest this engine is going to crash and burn i garuntee it for many reasons first off do you not remember what happened to Mac with their idea of "being completely invincible from viruses". You brag so much but someone is just going to obtain an engine and crack it for ****s and giggles and release it free. "Well ill sue them"...well isnt that cute. If they decrypt this code they arent going to just go around giving out their name and information. They obviously know their way around this stuff. Second, which has been pointed out is the fact that everyone who owns this engine is relying on you. Thats so stupid, lets throw a scenario out there: 100 people have the engine running at once and your server explodes, no matter how unrealistic it is it does not matter its an example, then everyone *****es at you and you coward in your corner as lawsuits come at you for: lost wages, false advertising (of 100% uptime), etc. Another unavoidable thing to happen with this is what if we want customization that your server can not handle? We are limited by these oh so secret function of numbers and letters. This whole things just sounds sketchy as hell.

Another thing: "You dont know me im Icecoldcola" dont even start with this ****. Im ****ing Orpah Winfrey (yes it is Orpah not Oprah), dosent mean **** does it?

Have a nice day, and hope you have a nice long thought about how wrong this engine could go. Rely on the community to report unauthorized uses of your code, not yourself.

P.S: I know im an ******* but this is what i believe and if you dont like it well sorry to waste your oh so important time, after all you are Icecoldcola

To be honest this engine is going to crash and burn i garuntee it for many reasons first off do you not remember what happened to Mac with their idea of "being completely invincible from viruses". You brag so much but someone is just going to obtain an engine and crack it for ****s and giggles and release it free. "Well ill sue them"...well isnt that cute. If they decrypt this code they arent going to just go around giving out their name and information. They obviously know their way around this stuff. Second, which has been pointed out is the fact that everyone who owns this engine is relying on you. Thats so stupid, lets throw a scenario out there: 100 people have the engine running at once and your server explodes, no matter how unrealistic it is it does not matter its an example, then everyone *****es at you and you coward in your corner as lawsuits come at you for: lost wages, false advertising (of 100% uptime), etc. Another unavoidable thing to happen with this is what if we want customization that your server can not handle? We are limited by these oh so secret function of numbers and letters. This whole things just sounds sketchy as hell.

Another thing: "You dont know me im Icecoldcola" dont even start with this ****. Im ****ing Orpah Winfrey (yes it is Orpah not Oprah), dosent mean **** does it?

Have a nice day, and hope you have a nice long thought about how wrong this engine could go. Rely on the community to report unauthorized uses of your code, not yourself.

P.S: I know im an ******* but this is what i believe and if you dont like it well sorry to waste your oh so important time, after all you are Icecoldcola

I was only stating who i was because i am better known by the name Icecoldcola. Who has already made multiple engines being used by hundreds of people..... Your acheivement???? Yeh exactelly.

When i say i will sue someone i do not mean the person who decrypts it. I mean the person using the engine unlicensed. Simply done.

Also with the the DMCA i can get them ripped down in seconds anyway...

You are clearly an unexperienced developer??!! to think modifying the engine will have any effect on my server? LOL.

Yeh i think 100 people using it would be fine considering the server being used would handle that and a lot more.

I am not bragging. I have agreed with Sim that indeed people can obtain the code i hold my end. So what?? Does not mean it will crash and burn... Says who? You? HAHA.

Even if people do begin using the code without going via my server the engine will still be a very good engine meaning it will do very well.

I have been in this business 6+ years kid move along :)

I've never made a post on MWG, but been here for a while, and read trough topics while not being logged-in. It makes no sense to me to host a file (or more then one) on your server, and to then check if the user has a license, and it's not a illegal copy. Also, the fact that you have released an engine or more then one means nothing. But, good for you!

I think you are kinda contradicting yourself, because you say that you encrypt it so that others cannot steal it and run illegal copies. But, if you release it under such rights, then all you'd need to do is file a complaint, and the sites would be taken down. So, what's the entire use of encryption then and limited developers who are going to use the engine ?

Btw, how would you know Gamble is an inexperienced developer ? You ever seen his work ? If not, don't make such comments.

Just wanted to get that out there. - Good luck with the engine.

I am not bragging. I have agreed with Sim that indeed people can obtain the code i hold my end. So what?? Does not mean it will crash and burn... Says who? You? HAHA. I have been in this business 6+ years kid move along :)

I don't think cocky programmers live up to there expectations. Not just on what they say, but regarding business it is just bad. 6 years is not that long to be honest.... I been around longer then twice that (move along kid) ;] lols.

I was only stating who i was because i am better known by the name Icecoldcola. Who has already made multiple engines being used by hundreds of people..... Your acheivement???? Yeh exactelly.

When i say i will sue someone i do not mean the person who decrypts it. I mean the person using the engine unlicensed. Simply done.

Also with the the DMCA i can get them ripped down in seconds anyway...

You are clearly an unexperienced developer??!! to think modifying the engine will have any effect on my server? LOL.

Yeh i think 100 people using it would be fine considering the server being used would handle that and a lot more.

I am not bragging. I have agreed with Sim that indeed people can obtain the code i hold my end. So what?? Does not mean it will crash and burn... Says who? You? HAHA.

Even if people do begin using the code without going via my server the engine will still be a very good engine meaning it will do very well.

I have been in this business 6+ years kid move along :)

Ladies and gentleman the ****wad has been proven. He dosent understand a simple post written in the plainest of english. I said the 100 is a mere example. I never said mods to the engine effect the server i said if i want to make a mod that the server can not support. My achievements have nothing to do with your flawed idea. Although i know (unlike yourself) i am not a perfect programmer, i am no inexperienced. 6+ years of business dosent mean ****, look a TiVo for example, they have been in business for years and are considered the biggest failure in company history. And the fact that you know people can get the code on your end goes completely against your "unhackable" claims.

Ill see you in your next post cutie, try to keep up ;)

Listen. You guys come to me getting all cocky so i was cocky back. Bad for business? Im only a human lol. I would not speak like that to customers.... You guys are just 2 people off MWG... Your opinions mean nothing to me. If it is to fail let it be. What is it of your concern?

Again it would make no difference what you do your end it is simply PHP my end... So proves you have no idea what you are talking about... I will let the engine do the speaking for me. Im done defending myself against people who have no reason to target me.

oh **** this aint starbucks? I thought we were talking coffee...it appears as if i dont know what im talking about. Damn.

This may come as a shock but PHP can be incompatible between servers if you are using 2 different versions.

Besides the fact you dropped my other arguments mean you conceded, which means i was right

Encryption isnt all its hyped up to be? as far as my memory serves me there is not something about a reward for the hacker who can crack the AES encryption that is used for credit cards etc?

Not 100% sure on that though.

Listen. You guys come to me getting all cocky so i was cocky back. Bad for business? Im only a human lol. I would not speak like that to customers.... You guys are just 2 people off MWG... Your opinions mean nothing to me.

UMM.. no harm to you, you may be a great programmer, but when you post something on a forum, its visible to everyone, including potential customers. You could have quite quickly just turned a lot of people against wanting to work with you, especially if they depend on you for their engine to work as half of it is hosted on your server.

You make a post its public. Bad Publicity kills businesses a lot quicker than a bad product.

Think of it this way. A celebrity, well known and well loved, says something racist on tv. Everyone is affronted and everyone hates that celebrity. The celebrity loses their chance at continuing doing their job as they will lose their contracts as no-one wants to be using a racist as their figure head do they?

You come across as arrogant and cocky, customers can easily find that. a google search of your name "IceColdCola" could easily point them to this thread, as its been mentioned so much. Customers might want to do a bit of background before buying your engine.

When your involved in business, you need to be careful. you cant just turn around and say "I don't care about you"

I've seen [MENTION=68511]gamble[/MENTION] 's code, i wouldnt say he's inexperienced at all. Spelling mistakes might occur in the text sections like in the help file etc, other than that its grand, good, easy to read.

I'm been alive 17 years, does that make me an expert on life? Nope, didnt think so. Time is nothing, time gives us the means to learn. But some people learn faster, some people learn slower. You could be doing it for 6+ years but someone doing it 3+ years could be a hell of a lot further than you in the field.

It annoys me when people on here make false claims against the experience or skillbase of another person without actual proof of it.

Edited by Coly010

Encryption isnt all its hyped up to be? as far as my memory serves me there is not something about a reward for the hacker who can crack the AES encryption that is used for credit cards etc?

Not 100% sure on that though.

UMM.. no harm to you, you may be a great programmer, but when you post something on a forum, its visible to everyone, including potential customers. You could have quite quickly just turned a lot of people against wanting to work with you, especially if they depend on you for their engine to work as half of it is hosted on your server.

You make a post its public. Bad Publicity kills businesses a lot quicker than a bad product.

Think of it this way. A celebrity, well known and well loved, says something racist on tv. Everyone is affronted and everyone hates that celebrity. The celebrity loses their chance at continuing doing their job as they will lose their contracts as no-one wants to be using a racist as their figure head do they?

You come across as arrogant and cocky, customers can easily find that. a google search of your name "IceColdCola" could easily point them to this thread, as its been mentioned so much. Customers might want to do a bit of background before buying your engine.

When your involved in business, you need to be careful. you cant just turn around and say "I don't care about you"

I've seen [MENTION=68511]gamble[/MENTION] 's code, i wouldnt say he's inexperienced at all. Spelling mistakes might occur in the text sections like in the help file etc, other than that its grand, good, easy to read.

I'm been alive 17 years, does that make me an expert on life? Nope, didnt think so. Time is nothing, time gives us the means to learn. But some people learn faster, some people learn slower. You could be doing it for 6+ years but someone doing it 3+ years could be a hell of a lot further than you in the field.

It annoys me when people on here make false claims against the experience or skillbase of another person without actual proof of it.

Like i say they attacked me with cocky posts. Check them out and you will see. I am going off the fact i have never seen any of his work... Meaning it cannot be all that popular. Way i see it is this. When it is released i will then be happy to take on complements OR complaints. But all i was doing was letting the few hundred people with my previous engines know i am making a newer, even better one. Instead of sending them all a message each which would take too long. Then i got someone going on about encryption which lets be honest, if it did not work why would it exist? Then some other guy comes along and starts saying it will fail etc. When it is yet to be released. If it does not work out i can simply send the functions over to overyones games for them to install and move on learning by my mistake. But until the theory is tested i stand by what i at this moment believe. That is that my server will easily handle delivering the functions to many h7undreds of games without an issue. Aslong as i pay my broadband bill i should be sweet :) (I would die without my broadband, would rather starve lol). I am sorry if i came across cocky but i just felt i was being attacked so lashed out with cockyness back is all. Honestly i am normally a very layed back, friendly guy. Who will do anything to help anyone with their work.

oh **** this aint starbucks? I thought we were talking coffee...it appears as if i dont know what im talking about. Damn.

This may come as a shock but PHP can be incompatible between servers if you are using 2 different versions.

Besides the fact you dropped my other arguments mean you conceded, which means i was right

Dont want to argue. But the version matching has already been taken care of :) No matter what version you use there will be an include my end to match it :)