MakeWebGames

Preferred Working Environments

Ickle Izu

Since we're all different and perform different in certain environments, always been a curiosity to see what peoples preferred working environment, especially in the likes of development and design where concentration would be needed at its highest!

I personally prefer working with headphones on and music on loud so I can shut off the world and avoid additional distractions

It depends, I can generally work in any environment, I like quiet but after a while I might put music on. If im in a room with other people and the TV is on, I can still concentrate well, if I focus on what I'm doing then the rest just gets drowned out. The only thing that gets to me and annoys me is when a room is silent and I can hear people eat their food. It's so annoying.

That did make me chuckle, you'd hate to share an office space with me then as I'm always eating something and the room just happens to be dead quiet. One thing that is a major annoyance is phones, I work on IT Support aswell as Development and when I'm trying to dig deep into a project and put all my focus in... the phone suddenly rings. I can work to background noise as my hearing isn't so great, so outside noise doesn't bother me too much since i'm not as sensative to different sounds like some will be; but I can't work to complete silence, my brain then just focuses on everything but what I'm suppose to be doing, so I end up not getting anything done. Plus, it strangely gives me a headache.

I'm in a shared office space with work so I always plug my noise cancelling headphones in and get into the zone. Then I unleash the code. If I'm working from home I'll just have the speakers playing which ever preferred piece of music I want to listen to.