MakeWebGames

MySQL - MySQLi

I would use mysqli because mysql is being or has been deprecated depending on your set up. Plus it's a tad bit more secure than mysql

Ah okay, Well I've been creating a game for the past 10/11 months.

It uses MySQL.

And I've recently been told "I must" use MySQLi, So not to release the game...

Ah okay, Well I've been creating a game for the past 10/11 months.

It uses MySQL.

And I've recently been told "I must" use MySQLi, So not to release the game...

Well no one can really tell you what you can or cannot use unless it's a client. Can I ask if your using a particular engine? Or is this all custom from scratch. The reason I ask is because a lot of people here use MCC and it's just a simple 1 letter change to enable mysqli but if not then I'm sorry, there will be no easy way to change what you have done.

Well no one can really tell you what you can or cannot use unless it's a client. Can I ask if your using a particular engine? Or is this all custom from scratch. The reason I ask is because a lot of people here use MCC and it's just a simple 1 letter change to enable mysqli but if not then I'm sorry, there will be no easy way to change what you have done.

It's using MCCodes V2.0.5b

You should not only change the class to Myqli you should also start coding using mysqli so you are familiar with it and use to using it. x10hosting just changed their php I noticed last month which now gives errors when you use mysql in the error.php because it's all deprecated, but my main host has not upgraded yet to it. Guess it also depends on your host.

Warning: - any custom pages which directly calls mysql_ functions will break.

This is because the class will call a mysqli connection, rendering mysql_ functions with no connection info.

So, in short, if you have any pages that do not use the database class ($db->query() etc), they need updating to run through the class.