MakeWebGames

Jelly Hosting

NonStopCoding

Hi i was looking for a free vps hosting company so i could get the feel of it and i managed to find this one they offer free vps hosting and thought i would share.

The first plan is free requires nothing then you need referrals if you want to upgrade the size of your hosting plan

here is the link to the plans

http://5jelly.com/vps/pricing.htm

Hope its useful to someone

Hi i was looking for a free vps hosting company so i could get the feel of it and i managed to find this one they offer free vps hosting and thought i would share.

The first plan is free requires nothing then you need referrals if you want to upgrade the size of your hosting plan

here is the link to the plans

http://5jelly.com/vps/pricing.htm

Hope its useful to someone

Don't know how much I trust this, are you using them currently? Could be helpful for some people who can't afford a server to play with

Don't know how much I trust this, are you using them currently? Could be helpful for some people who can't afford a server to play with

yes i am in the process of putting a personal website on it the set up was instant and i have had no issues at all with them at all i changed my name servers on my domain and it took less than a hour for them to kick in and my site was live.

They have a custom control panel which lets you change the theme it has a theme which is similar to cpanel for people who prefer that

i have not used my referral link to refer anyone so i don't know if that's legit but the free hosting is for real.

http://nonstopcoding.com

is my site i am hosting with them

One of the reasons im concerned about that site in the original post is....why would they just completely give out VPS for referrals?

Maybe their free plan is crap so to get people to upgrade they can use a referal system which puts money in their pocket without making everyone pay. It's actually not a bad business tactic if you think about it

edit

Host Gator huh?

image.thumb.jpg.6919c648f1bcc15b0428de6865ea1c91.jpg

Edited by KyleMassacre

Maybe their free plan is crap so to get people to upgrade they can use a referral system which puts money in their pocket without making everyone pay. It's actually not a bad business tactic if you think about it

edit

Host Gator huh?

Actually I investigated this hosting, because I was skeptic about it, I could NOT find any bad review on it, and the company has been in business, what I have found since June of 2013.

Me personally, would not trust a new business, I usually go with businesses that are at least 5 years old, or much older depending on that business.

I signed up for their VPS on this host to try it out, so far it's ok and fast..... It is FREE, no hidden costs. You have to start out with the Free plan with NO referrals, when you have 10 referrals sign up for a free account you than can upgrade to the next plan, but it does state those accounts have to be active... There is actually NO hidden cost in the referral plans either...

They maybe doing this FREE hosting to get future customers when they roll out their website fully, because they have only been in business for 1 year, their support page is not even finished, or other pages on there....

I am still skeptical putting a website on there though, but it is a good hosting for testing, and what not...

Edited by lucky3809

That is why I stated I would not use them, only for testing purposes lol

Here is what I have investigated there is 3jelly, 5 jelly main host is http://www.guhat.com/index.php , if you click their plan it redirects to 5jelly.com the owner lives in Egypt his name is Ahmed Galal, but the server for 5jelly and 3 jelly are in Salt Lake City,Utah....

He also has 17 more websites on hosting, which I dunno why someone would want that many lol...

I doubt they will be all up from a year from now, that is why I would take complete cautions using the service, and not depend on it for your website...Also the support forum page is not coded still uses default text...

IMO the hosting is only good for testing, and blogging... Kind of reminds me of the guy awhile back years ago trying to give free hosting something teeth was his username, anyways after 3 months he shutdown his hosting and everyone was screwed that paid and also had free accounts on his hosting...

Edited by lucky3809

as i said in op i was only looking around to find a free vps so i can check whats it like before i actually invest money into a proper vps hosting website.

as some of the other people said i would not use them to host a full website but its decent enough if you wanted to run a personal website like a blog etc or testing a game.

i thought it would be useful so posted it.

as i said in op i was only looking around to find a free vps so i can check whats it like before i actually invest money into a proper vps hosting website.

as some of the other people said i would not use them to host a full website but its decent enough if you wanted to run a personal website like a blog etc or testing a game.

i thought it would be useful so posted it.

don't get us wrong it is a pretty decent find so far I want to try them out with their windows hosting myself

well i am glad its useful for someone i did find it pretty handy. Myself i have never used vps before i got a months free vps from hosting24.com before for putting up a good review but i did not have a clue how it worked or what i even had to do with it so it went to waste.