MakeWebGames

Razor42 - Mafia Law Template.

It has been brought to my attention that Razor42, owner of Soldiers Warfare, is trying to sell a design that isn't his to sell. This happens to be the Mafia Law template. I created this design for a client who hired us both, Razor and I, to do development and design work. Razor must of gotten a hold of the PSD files while in their cpanel, which I noticed where in his SoldiersWarfare cpanel as well. The owner vanished from the internet and still owed me money for some work. This is why I know 100% he does not have the right to sell it as I still own partial ownership as I wait for the debt to be cleared by the owner.

I mention to Razor on Skype that I still own the template until payment is made, thus removing any excuse that he didn't know.

I don't think this is the first time this has happens and I ask anyone that has been offered the template to contact me.

Regards,

Pete

Yeah I know. I just don't get how you can try to sell something as yours in such a small community and think you can get away with it. He tried to use the 'I didn't know', when I told him on Skype and knows he can't use it. Oh well, old habits die hard I guess the saying is.

Indeed so! Everyone just wants to make a quick buck of other peoples skills. It's rather aggravating.

Now its time for my take on the story....

I had a client of mine who wanted a game building, around half way through the project they told me they'd had a designer who was going to come in, do some work along side me as I was only working on the back end stuff. After seeing the designers work and the amount the designer was going to charged I referred them to Peter as his rates were better and his quality of work was much higher. They then hired Peter to do the layout and various other things within the game. After I completed the work on the game I was paid and that was that. Then sometime later I had been away for a week or two for Christmas and when I logged on the client I had worked for was no where to be seen, I then contacted Peter to see if he had spoke with them and he told me that he hadn't. He also told me that he was still owed an amount of money from the people who had originally hired him, what was and wasn't paid for was never stated, all that was stated as that some of the work was not paid for.

A few weeks later I was in touch with the client again and he was talking to me about working on a project with me and that he wanted the sell the layout from the game to help put funds into the project. I did speak the client regarding the issues with Peter but he did assure me that the layout was paid for and it was just the other jobs Peter had done for them that were not paid.

Should I have asked Peter before trying to sell it....? Maybe so yes.

Did I sell the layout....? No I didn't sell the layout.

Now its time for my take on the story....

I had a client of mine who wanted a game building, around half way through the project they told me they'd had a designer who was going to come in, do some work along side me as I was only working on the back end stuff. After seeing the designers work and the amount the designer was going to charged I referred them to Peter as his rates were better and his quality of work was much higher. They then hired Peter to do the layout and various other things within the game. After I completed the work on the game I was paid and that was that. Then sometime later I had been away for a week or two for Christmas and when I logged on the client I had worked for was no where to be seen, I then contacted Peter to see if he had spoke with them and he told me that he hadn't. He also told me that he was still owed an amount of money from the people who had originally hired him, what was and wasn't paid for was never stated, all that was stated as that some of the work was not paid for.

A few weeks later I was in touch with the client again and he was talking to me about working on a project with me and that he wanted the sell the layout from the game to help put funds into the project. I did speak the client regarding the issues with Peter but he did assure me that the layout was paid for and it was just the other jobs Peter had done for them that were not paid.

Should I have asked Peter before trying to sell it....? Maybe so yes.

Did I sell the layout....? No I didn't sell the layout.

I guess the story does hold up. Some screenshots of the communication with your partner would be really beneficial.

I am sure if this is true, then it won't be an issue to get the response from the guy again. When I say 'guy', I mean Jay-C and not Mike. Mike doesn't own any rights to the graphics or codes, they were Jay-C's. Mike tried to contact me as well to try and use the template, saying how we should just steal it and get our own up, of course I denied this offer knowing too well that he doesn't have the rights, nor do I have the right to steal someone else's work.