MakeWebGames

Yes its me requesting a partner again!

Razor42

Hi MWG,

Alot of you are probably looking at this thinking oh not another partnership post from this guy but this time I feel I have more to offer than on previous occasions when I was looking for a partner to just pretty much complete the work I couldn’t.

Title:

Nothing is set in stone yet but here are a few names which I have been contemplating...

• Generals of Warfare

• Call Of Generals

• Under Arms

• Command The battalions

Game Abstract:

This will be a text based game based upon the army. The main goal of the game is to build a great army and conquer the other players. The game will be an energy based and time based game combined. Your role within the game is to run the whole army, you then have generals below you which will also play a very important role in your army and will greatly boost your army when attacking. Then below them will be soldiers and battle vehicles.

(Some of the) Unique Features:

• The main feature within the game will be generals, generals will play a massive role in your army and a strong general can be the difference between winning and losing. Generals will gain EXP from battles and will level, when they level they become strong, better commanders in battle, they can carry more troops and better troops but be careful with your generals as once they die in battle then they are gone for good and won’t be coming back. You will start with one general but as your progress through the game and level yourself you will start to be able to unlock more generals.

• The battle system will be time based and won’t be a short process similar to how wars are fought, they can take either a week or 2 days to complete depending on the size of your army. You can flee from battle at any time during a battle but this will result in a heavy loss to your troops. You can also call for your allies to send assisting troops in time of need when you are having a war. You will receive daily reports on how your war is going, who is winning etc.

• Travelling will take time, so if you have an ally who is in battle and needs your help and you have to travel a long way to get their you may be too late and not get there in time to support their troops. Generals and armies will become inactive when travelling but special golden dog tags which can be earned through the game can be used to skip the time and get their instantly.

• Allies and enemies will play a big part in the game also, you will be able to be allies with people and set certain demands for them to ally with you and also offer certain things for them to ally with you, enemies will happen when you go to war with someone. Allies will be able to assist you in battle by sending additional troops and you will also have various other benefits between allies.

THESE ARE IDEAS WHICH ARE STILL BEING WORKED ON!

Technologies:

The game will be coded mainly from PHP and will use the NWE engine.

Current Development status:

The game is currently in planning stages although I do have a layout created and ready for use for the game.

If you wish to view the layout mail me via PM.

My own skills and tasks within the game:

I will be coding, I will pay for domains, hosting and cover other small costs until the game can afford to pay for itself. I will be doing all the content writing/creative writing I will also run/manage the game.

In terms of my coding skills I have been coding for around 2 years now but have only recently got my head down and started really improving my coding. I have skills in HTML, CSS, PHP & MySQL and I also have skills in Photoshop.

I don’t plan on forking out alot of money on advertising to start with. I am hoping to use voting sites, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, a strong referral system and also the many games I have met in my years playing games to help bring players in.

What I am looking for?

I am looking for....

• Someone who has enough time to commit to a project.

• Someone who has strong PHP & MySQL skills.

• Someone who has good PHP security knowledge.

• Someone who speaks good English to avoid any communication barriers.

• Someone who is reliable and won’t ditch me half way through production.

Expenses will be covered by:

I will cover most of the expenses to start with such as domains, hosting and also a small amount of advertising until the game can afford to pay for itself. If the person who wants to partner can also help cover expenses then that is a bonus but no requirement.

Current Team:

Just myself

Shares between Partners:

I am happy to give the partner the majority of the profits on this project as it’s more fun, experience and learning for me rather than for profits. One thing is that once the game can cover its own expenses then I will no longer pay for them and these will be payed for before any money is split between partners. I’d also like to save some funds for advertising etc as the game grows.

Money will be split on a monthly basis between partners.

any more questions post here or PM me!

Edited by Razor42

Some updates on this...

1. I have decided not to venture on with NWE but instead use Mccodes. Why? I know the origional idea was to use NWE and although it is a very nice engine it's not something I want to use for a few reasons but the main is that it seems to take me alot longer to code a feature for NWE than it does for MC. Why? I don't know it just does and some of you may disagree with my decision here due to security etc but most of the engine has been ripped out anyway and what's left all under going re-coding anyway.

2. I have created a "Create A General" feature which allows players to create their very first general when they sign up. They so far can give him a name and a bio. Next I need to add generals classes/specialties and also generals stats.

3. I have also started re-coding alot of the features and ripping out everything I don't need. All the SQL's and files which won't be used have been dropped and deleted and all the links etc referring to them have been removed. I'v also started re-naming the remaining features to give them more "army styled" names

What I plan to have done by the end of Friday...

1. The ability to create your first general when signing up finished with specialities and stats.
  2. A wiki page created to work as a tutorial for the game.
  3. SMF forums integrated into the system.
  4. The layout implemented.
  5. Everything that is not needed ripped out, dropped and deleted.
  6. The majority of the remaining files secured, re-coded and re-themed.

And yes, I am still looking for this partner!

Some updates on this...

[*]I have decided not to venture on with NWE but instead use Mccodes. Why? I know the origional idea was to use NWE and although it is a very nice engine it's not something I want to use for a few reasons but the main is that it seems to take me alot longer to code a feature for NWE than it does for MC. Why? I don't know it just does and some of you may disagree with my decision here due to security etc but most of the engine has been ripped out anyway and what's left all under going re-coding anyway.

Off topic. Just curious. Never worked with, nor looked at McCodes. All I know, is it seems a bit more dated than NWE. How does it differ in terms of creating a feature? Is McCodes Object based? What's the framework layout (file structure) like?

Not so much willing to partner by the way. But I will be happy to collaborate and help where I can. If you're interested, feel free to PM me. We can chat over Skype or something.

McCodes (so far) is not object oriented (nor NWE btw). McCodes requires you to change existing files to be able to add new features as the idea of hooks or any other plugin system is not existing. File structure is mostly flat.

Features wise, it offers a near ready to played game, with less customization available from the admin panel than NWE and not the same kind of admin & security features.

McCodes (so far) is not object oriented (nor NWE btw). McCodes requires you to change existing files to be able to add new features as the idea of hooks or any other plugin system is not existing. File structure is mostly flat.

Features wise, it offers a near ready to played game, with less customization available from the admin panel than NWE and not the same kind of admin & security features.

Hum...seems rather bleh to me :)

Yeah, but NWE does have some classes. And in the right places, which I like! (Users for a prime example)

And in regards to security. I've been unable to do basic injections or flood my own game so far, so kudos! ^_^

Another update here,

• Even more unnecessary things have been stripped.
  • Alot of the remaining features are now nearly re-named/themed.
  • The first "main feature" is complete which allows players to create their first general, give them a "specialty" which will affect their generals stats and also to then spend stat points on their generals stats. Generals have 9 stats which can be upgraded that will all affect the general in different ways and in different areas of the game.
  • I have started working on the second "main feature" which allows players to hire soldiers to their generals. So far the SQL's are done, Soldier types are done and I have started coding the actual hire the soldier which is about 10% done.
  • The SMS forums are uploaded and added.

Things to finish this week:

• The hire a soldier feature needs finishing off.
  • I am going to create a wiki page to explain every feature of the game in detail.
  • Some more small features need to be re-themed.
  • Ability to view your generals and their information.
  • I am going to create a facebook page to help spread awareness of the games development.

Still looking for the partner!!

Edited by Razor42