MakeWebGames

Make a module that integrates other game engine frameworks into NWE.

I can't tell you how many times I have one great game engine and I want to merge it with another for more functionality but in order to do so, I have to do some sort of coding so that both work correctly which can be very time consuming.

I think NWE should have a free integration module that works with other engines such as MCCodes, NEAB, EZRPG, etc. so that:

•The player is auto-logged in to both.

•Both engines print out the right values, such as both show the correct currency amount for that player, etc.

•The game menu in NWE can link up to features in the other game engine and via versa.

Hope someone makes this! Thanks for reading!

Well let's take a few features in to example: NEAB has a map, right? Now to create a module just for the map feature, it would be very time consuming to rewrite the whole map to work with a new engine and new authentication system on NWE and could take possibly months to a year. It could maybe take only 2 days to instead integrate the whole engine with NWE instead of just that map feature and thus be able to get what you want in it.

Maybe I'm not understanding everything that is going on here or what exactly is meant so sorry ahead of time if the sounds like rubbish.

Basically your saying to create a module that will work on any engine/framework/environment etc right? Well, what about just writing a module as generic as possible with possibly a simple db connection, no classes or wrappers using straight mysqli() or whatever you prefer, using simple html and nothing fancy like for example: NWE's TableHeader or footer.

Now with that said how would you integrate existing table structure to pull information that you may want without actually having X engine?

Again sorry if im not underatanding.

Well let's take a few features in to example: NEAB has a map, right? Now to create a module just for the map feature, it would be very time consuming to rewrite the whole map to work with a new engine and new authentication system on NWE and could take possibly months to a year. It could maybe take only 2 days to instead integrate the whole engine with NWE instead of just that map feature and thus be able to get what you want in it.

NEAB's entire engine is based on map play. If you wanted that inside your game, in my opinion. you bought the wrong engine. If you're talking about a 2d/3d based map for a specific feature then it would be nowhere near as complex as the entire 2d engine you get with NEAB.