MakeWebGames

Fighting

Scorpio

Hello all I have made a new mod called Fighting, I am soon going to developed it more. I am soon going to make players fight other players instead of doing arena's only.

So run these SQL's to your DB.

You're unable to view this code.

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

After that open up global_func.php and add -

Viewing code within this forum requires registration, you can register here for free.

Now make a new file called fighting.php -

And your done. I am going to developed this more soon. So please be patience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why are you using two statements when one will suffice? Assuming an ISAM backend, then you are needlessly locking the entire table twice...

Don't think you provided enough information for them :P

Any more clues, and I might as well write the whole thing myself - and we know how that will end (MTG will ""rewrite"" it, claim it as his, or some other muppet will ""secure"" it after failing to understand every aspect of it) :D

MTG is a pretty good coder. apart from his sprintf but that's his preference.

And what you have posted isn't helpful enough for some of these people. Maybe right an example to show how it works?

How would spoon feeding the masses help anybody? Only help them to because grade A at copy and paste, so no benefit to them.

Want the whole code wrote? Start paying out.

How would spoon feeding the masses help anybody? Only help them to because grade A at copy and paste, so no benefit to them.

What's the point in sharing it then? Being under the free modifications section and all.....Pointless Elitism.

Don't think you provided enough information for them :P

I think this *might* be sarcasm since he gave more then enough information to solve the problem he mentioned (using two queries).

Any more clues, and I might as well write the whole thing myself - and we know how that will end (MTG will ""rewrite"" it, claim it as his, or some other muppet will ""secure"" it after failing to understand every aspect of it) :D

Don't insult members... someone who hasn't even posted in the thread.

Even if someone does come along and fix it still leaving errors I'm shocked you're attacking people for caring enough to attempt and learn.

How is anything anyone has done here spoon feeding? Even if someone fixed it up it's still up to the one using it to understand it. Unless I sit here and install it for them I don't see your point at all. You're just insulting yet more people by claiming they are unwilling to learn when you have no idea who will be using the modification.

I think this *might* be sarcasm since he gave more then enough information to solve the problem he mentioned (using two queries).

Passed.

Don't insult members... someone who hasn't even posted in the thread.

Does MTG feel offended? He laughs himself at his use of sprintf, so if he doesn't feel offended, nobody has been offended. Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups, isn't it?

Even if someone does come along and fix it still leaving errors I'm shocked you're attacking people for caring enough to attempt and learn.

Not technically an error. Just locking a table twice for no reason, which Alan pointed out a way to make it better.

How is anything anyone has done here spoon feeding? Even if someone fixed it up it's still up to the one using it to understand it. Unless I sit here and install it for them I don't see your point at all. You're just insulting yet more people by claiming they are unwilling to learn when you have no idea who will be using the modification.

Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I am stupid to assume that giving someone 1 line of code, to replace their 2 lines, they have to understand what they just changed.

Under that logic, surely everyone who's been hacked via 3rd party apps must have understood that too. Oh wait, that is different somehow?

-----

Seems somebody woke up in a sh*t mood today and just throwing out BS on the forums, eh?

If I'm breaking some rules, ban me...

Does MTG feel offended? He laughs himself at his use of sprintf, so if he doesn't feel offended, nobody has been offended. Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups, isn't it?

I haven’t asked him, but insulting members directly (joke or not) is not what I really want to see. Be respectful of other members... this is actually a rule feel free to look it up.

Not technically an error. Just locking a table twice for no reason, which Alan pointed out a way to make it better.

Since that quote was in direct response to –

or some other muppet will ""secure"" it after failing to understand every aspect of it) :D

It had nothing to do with the original comment ( about two queries).

Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I am stupid to assume that giving someone 1 line of code, to replace their 2 lines, they have to understand what they just changed.

Under that logic, surely everyone who's been hacked via 3rd party apps must have understood that too. Oh wait, that is different somehow?

You’re making an assumption. What was it you said? Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups? You’re assuming someone will come along and bother to look up the way Alan has pointed them, the fact is those who care enough to learn why would have looked it up anyway. Those who don’t will simply copy the two query solution, and well admittedly it’s there problem in the grand scheme of things you “spoon feeding” them makes no difference. All you have done is insulted the few members willing to look it up in the first place by placing them with the “masses” as you see them.

If I'm breaking some rules, ban me...

Why do you say this whenever I talk to you? I have a ban button; I’ve banned members, big deal. I don’t normally respond to member I am about to ban.

Edited by Dominion

I haven’t asked him, but insulting members directly (joke or not) is not what I really want to see. Be respectful of other members... this is actually a rule feel free to look it up.

Hairy muff!

You’re making an assumption. What was it you said? Assumption is the mother of all fu*k ups? You’re assuming someone will come along and bother to look up the way Alan has pointed them, the fact is those who care enough to learn why would have looked it up anyway. Those who don’t will simply copy the two query solution, and well admittedly it’s there problem in the grand scheme of things you “spoon feeding” them makes no difference. All you have done is insulted the few members willing to look it up in the first place by placing them with the “masses” as you see them.

If they're willing to look it up to understand it, I'm going to assume (Yes, the mother of all fu*k ups) that they wouldn't be the ones wanting to be spoon fed, but would rather take the advice and learn something via research. That alone removed them from the spectrum of my comments, doesn't it?

Why do you say this whenever I talk to you? I have a ban button; I’ve banned members, big deal. I don’t normally respond to member I am about to ban .

You seem a little upset today, so who knows if you're irrational when pissed off :P