MakeWebGames

Not a nice subject - Lightning

Sorry to go all negative people but I just have to make everyone aware of a certain individual who has been caught out trying to sell peoples free mods and pass them off as his own.

A member named Lightning has recently started trying to get a staff position on our site (http://www.endoftimez.com) and he was respectfully asked to show us some of his work to see if he was any good. After many excuses and asking for payment, he gave me a starter pack code that has blatantly been copied and pasted from this forum. he flatly denies it but it was identical.

When he was told he'd been caught out he started getting pretty nasty and threatening to spam our site.

copied from Skype conversation (hazzy is Lightning):

[26/04/2013 00:16:12] hazzy: The game is mccodes so thats a lie. Enjoy the 6000 spam users i give you

[26/04/2013 00:16:44] Lewis: like i said, actually learn to code yourself and you'll find it alot more satisfying. by all means keep playing our game but dont pretend to know stuff you dont

[26/04/2013 00:17:27] Lewis: its based on the mccodes engine yes and im not saying we didnt start of basic. im saying all the mods and customisation has been done by us

[26/04/2013 00:17:39] Lewis: and good luck with those spam users

[26/04/2013 00:18:06] hazzy: I do know how to code. I created my own engine unlike you. Watch the game account number rise. Plus its an automated code

[26/04/2013 00:20:03] hazzy: Clever blocking me

[26/04/2013 00:22:42] Lewis: like i said..good luck

Like is said i don't want to be negative about the community but it's important for people to know who the bad eggs are when there's not a hell of a lot of us around these days!

Not sure on the admin rules for naming and shaming so if i've broken any I'm sorry!

Needless to say he won't be coming back to visit us!

Yeah lightening is a 13-14 year old kid who likes to pretend he lives in a different universe and uses the computer/internet to live that fantasy. It is quite easy to figure him out and his poor personality throughout the forum.

Prime example of him lying about knowing how to code when a simple query error popped up: http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/43305-help-please

I highly doubt that HE, himself, was able to code an engine from scratch and not be seen or heard of yet? An engine and game are completely different things and I have a feeling he doesn't understand the difference.

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

Yeah lightening is a 13-14 year old kid who likes to pretend he leaves in a different universe and uses the computer/internet to live that fantasy. It is quite easy to figure him out and his poor personality throughout the forum.

YES. I can not stop laughing...

First of all, why not add a captcha to your register page, This way he won't be able to spam your game.

Secondly, if this kid is going to try advertise other games, heres a function how to block...

replacewords.function.php

function ReplaceWords($str, $bad_words, $replace_str){
   if (!is_array($bad_words)){ $bad_words = explode(',', $bad_words); }
   for ($x=0; $x < count($bad_words); $x++){
       $fix = isset($bad_words[$x]) ? $bad_words[$x] : '';
       $_replace_str = $replace_str;
       if (strlen($replace_str)==1){
           $_replace_str = str_pad($_replace_str, strlen($fix), $replace_str);
       }
       $str = preg_replace('/'.$fix.'/i', $_replace_str, $str);
   }
   return $str;
}

Place this somewhere in your files such as sending messages, chat etc.

$banned_sites = array(
   'games',
   'are',
   'listed',
   'like',
   'this'
);
   $replacement_text = "banned-site";

$row['msgtext'] = ReplaceWords($row['msgtext'], $banned_sites, $replacement_text);

Enjoy :)

im surprised hes not here to defend himself, i am wary of most people on here (no offence to anyone) but you have to do your background checks on people, make a little post asking whos done work with them before and if they were good or not. look on collaborations and see if there's and good/bad reviews about them.

most people want the work done fast but that's no reason to rush into a decision and end up scammed.

Well we have email validation on our registration so we weren't worried about him spamming, but just thought if make people aware as some games aren't as far along as ours and its just be annoying for an owner to have to deal with that if they haven't safeguarded against it yet.

Plus I doubt very much that he possess' the ability to seriously spam anyone to a serious degree!

Well we have email validation on our registration so we weren't worried about him spamming, but just thought if make people aware as some games aren't as far along as ours and its just be annoying for an owner to have to deal with that if they haven't safeguarded against it yet.

Plus I doubt very much that he possess' the ability to seriously spam anyone to a serious degree!

Don't worry there are scripts and pre-made programs out there to do that for him. ;)

Yeah lightening is a 13-14 year old kid who likes to pretend he lives in a different universe and uses the computer/internet to live that fantasy. It is quite easy to figure him out and his poor personality throughout the forum.

Prime example of him lying about knowing how to code when a simple query error popped up: http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/43305-help-please

I highly doubt that HE, himself, was able to code an engine from scratch and not be seen or heard of yet? An engine and game are completely different things and I have a feeling he doesn't understand the difference.

that was the end of time game