MakeWebGames

How to be a Graphic Designer?

marcus303

To become a graphics designer you must first obviously know how to do graphics i would recommend Adobe Photoshop (PAID) or GIMP (FREE), then it is all about practice and technique, there are lots of tutorials all over the internet just good it and you will find a tutorial of something then the rest is up to you, and also as a note you cant just become a graphics designer over night it takes a long time to perfect everything so dont expect to be good as soon as you open Photoshop remember it is a tool you have to master it wont do all the work for you.

P.S if you dont do any of that just give up ive see plenty of people on here for example selling layouts that look totally crap (cough cough.. Razor) and they think they qualify as a designer well no they dont they are classed as broke mofos trying to make quick cash dont ever do that you would lose alot of respect and no one will ever want to hire you.

P.S if you dont do any of that just give up ive see plenty of people on here for example selling layouts that look totally crap (cough cough.. Razor) and they think they qualify as a designer well no they dont they are classed as broke mofos trying to make quick cash dont ever do that you would lose alot of respect and no one will ever want to hire you

And this is a nice, constructive and helpful comment?

And Marcus is depends on what your wanting to do with your graphics. Photoshop will help with designing layouts and things like that then if you want to do illustrations such as characters then you'll need something like Adobe Illustrator or there are plenty of free replacement options for it out there.

Edited by Razor42

~Razor, please stop talking as if you can "design".

AT OP:

If you want to actually design "stuff" get yourself a tablet. Any tablet will do as you will be learning the basics with it.

To make a web site template you need more than just photoshop. It requires some amount of time aswell as alot of information on photoshops tools.

A simple tool that is ESSENTIAL is the pen. It's the best tool photoshop has to offer but is also the hardest to learn when you are new.

Now to the design, try and find colours that match well together. Look on google for colour pallets. They are a ton of them!

Always remember that a design really should be Clear. As in text should be clear, easy to read, easy to navigate.

And as always. Practice makes perfect.

Google is your friend.

I wasn't talking asif I was a "designer" I was pointing out simple facts you don't need to be a designer to know what software you can use to design.

As for people's opinions of me on here I know there not great but at the moment thy doesn't bother me as I am trying to resolve this :)