MakeWebGames

Panther Skeleton Ver.0.1

sniko

Welcome to Panther Skeleton Version 0.1

I got a few days off work, and I decided to set myself a task - to create a simple skeleton game 'engine' within a set time-frame, I gave myself 10 hours. (The Easter clocks set me back a bit, but I somewhat achieved it :)). I hope some people can add to it; modules, re-code, whatever :) I made it for fun, nothing 'serious'.

Technologies
I developed it using;
  • Apache Version
    Apache/2.2.17

• PHP Version
    PHP/5.3.4

Brief overview
  • It uses a smart file structure, which allows very easy templating, and module handling.

• .htaccess for nice URLs

• As it being a skeleton version, only a few modules have been created

• Login

• Signup

• Character creation

• Home

• Logout

• Gym (
      01/04/2013
      )

[*]Everything is 'handled' through 1 page - index.php
    [*]Ability to disable modules (Add disabled.panther file to the module directory of said module)
    [*]Easy-add avatars (public/avatars)
    [*]Uses mysqli predefined statements
    [*]It's
    FREE

Classes
I've started writing a class to ensure making modules is easy - it's not quite finished.
  • userclass.php

• __construct (Stores the users session id)

• getStat (Gets the stat value)

• getStatId (Gets the stat id - for stat creation)

• setStat (Sets a stat to a specific value)

How to get the code

Donations
I accept donations for this 'engine' :) If you'd like to make a donation, please go
  • GitTip

• PayPal

Preview it

Thanks for your time in reading, and I look forward to the future with Panther Skeleton :)

Edited by sniko
Added link to preview

I am trying a new term here, bad "software design". Using global variables, having many nested if statements just returning a Boolean, No namespaces (PSR-0, which is bottom line what every successful NEW engine must USE, in my opinion).

Nonetheless, I am going to try out the demo. IT can be improved A LOT, but it doesn't suck.

Thanks for all your time in viewing it, and taking the time to reply suggesting what I should do.

Aventro - I've taken into account what you've suggested; I'll "upgrade" as soon as possible!

K1ngscorp1o - Greatly appreciated on your reply! Ill fish out the duplicate segments as soon as possible, too!

I am trying a new term here, bad "software design". Using global variables, having many nested if statements just returning a Boolean, No namespaces (PSR-0, which is bottom line what every successful NEW engine must USE, in my opinion).

Nonetheless, I am going to try out the demo. IT can be improved A LOT, but it doesn't suck.

Why should new engines use namespaces? I'm currently developing one to compete with NWE and MCv3 however namespaces and interfaces I have never needed to use, or possibly not understood where to use them? Got any examples? Just read the manual but still isn't clear.

Namespace is mainly used to avoid conflicts in class names. Imagine your game have a "Map" class, it should not conflict with whatever else framework class called "Map" but which makes something totally different. By using a namespace you ensure that whatever is inside this namespace can re-use class names and yet still be accessible. If you don't work with other people code, you may never have any issues, but as soon as you mix your code with frameworks you will end up needing it ;)