MakeWebGames

GRPG Rework

rjddev

So recently, me and a buddy have found a few glitches in the GRPG engine. One that could some damage to your game's economy.

The stores such as Weapon Store, Armour Store, Shoes Store are vulnerable for mySQL injections.

I'm not going to tell how, but we ended up having 1,000,000 items in our inventory.

Also another thing is that the sessions in the GRPG Engine, are NOT secured. And are vulnerable for session hijacking.

So we were wondering, would it be worth to work on this engine and get it all secured? Not sure if many game owners still use it,

but it is a pretty nice engine once the bugs/glitches are fixed out.

mafia kings, mafia death, mafia warfare, wize-guyz, mafiaduel, streetgangstas .......to name but a few great games built on grpg engine :)

All heavily modified but started on grpg no doubt :)

The problem with this example is, of those games I know that you listed, all are at least a few years old.

I imagine a few years ago, there was more support for GRPG, and one could actually legally purchase a copy of the engine.

Nowadays there is little to no support for GRPG engine (anywhere), and legally purchasing a copy of the engine, could prove to be a painful process.

All in all, GRPG is pretty much a lost cause for an engine.

My game is currently using the GRPG script, but I'm having trouble securing it lol.. So if you could fix it I would totally pay you for the work you have done.. Send me a PM if your interested..

Link to my game: http://www.hitmanmassacre.com

lol i think you should be working on adding all of the codes also considering 10 out of 26 of your codes are either broken with errors or just simply missing :D

I must say my ears are very damage from hearing the bad things about GRPG. Its most likely most who had worked on this engine has fail due to their knowledge. Theirs no such thing as failure in the online world. For my GRPG believers don't worry help is just going to start around here.

• 1 year later...
So recently, me and a buddy have found a few glitches in the GRPG engine. One that could some damage to your game's economy.

The stores such as Weapon Store, Armour Store, Shoes Store are vulnerable for mySQL injections.

I'm not going to tell how, but we ended up having 1,000,000 items in our inventory.

Also another thing is that the sessions in the GRPG Engine, are NOT secured. And are vulnerable for session hijacking.

So we were wondering, would it be worth to work on this engine and get it all secured? Not sure if many game owners still use it,

but it is a pretty nice engine once the bugs/glitches are fixed out.

You do understand that MCCodes has the same problems right? stores are full with vulnerable, and session hijacking is easy as cake once you find any type of xss.

I don't know if you were down talking GRPG but it sounded like it.