MakeWebGames

Help Required Please

Andy

Hi,

i am looking at starting my own game. i have my doamin ect and have purchased mccodes v2 but due to my lack of knowlage or php ect i am unable to protect my self from sql injections ect ect.

i am looking to hire 1 maybe 2 people who have good knowlage of coding.

requirements will be:

1. security of the game

2. mods added (i will pay for)

3. testing of game

4. new template

they are what i would like doing but being relativly new to this sort of thing i have no idea on how much this will be costing me.

please send me a pm with how much you are able to help me and if possible links to other sites you have worked on and what u have done for them

i am looking forward to some form of support.

thank you for your time.

Andy

@Andy - Make sure you are reading the scammer threads on here, be cautions who you do business with, some may tell you a price that is cheap, to only get access and steal your files, it's happened on here... So do your research first on that person whom you hire, if they are from this forum - Danny has a list made http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/39952-My-list-of-trusted-coders

thanks for the advice on users and yeah ill be sure to check that out if i get some of if any interest on help to create my game. if you could point me in the right direction of people who generally are up for doing these sort of things then that would be appreciated

Hi,

i am looking at starting my own game. i have my doamin ect and have purchased mccodes v2 but due to my lack of knowlage or php ect i am unable to protect my self from sql injections ect ect.

i am looking to hire 1 maybe 2 people who have good knowlage of coding.

requirements will be:

1. security of the game

2. mods added (i will pay for)

3. testing of game

4. new template

they are what i would like doing but being relativly new to this sort of thing i have no idea on how much this will be costing me.

please send me a pm with how much you are able to help me and if possible links to other sites you have worked on and what u have done for them

i am looking forward to some form of support.

thank you for your time.

Andy

Your wasting your time initially. Why purchase an engine where you then have to hire someone to secure it? waste of time and money and more time and more money.

Engines such as NWE and EzRPG and the EzRPG rework both avoid this giving your a base to work from without having to worry about getting it secured!

If you have just bought the mc2 engine I would suggest asking for a refund under the distance selling laws and spending your money on NWE lite or going with EzRPG /rework both are free

i was aware that there was free scripts out there but i wanted to start it all off and have the game fully ligitimate.

people say that mccodes is the best base script out there so i decided to just go with it

but yeah ill be spending money on it but it will all pay off in the long run when i have a game up and running smoothly

thanks but no thanks for your input. you generally did not help one bit there

i was aware that there was free scripts out there but i wanted to start it all off and have the game fully ligitimate.

people say that mccodes is the best base script out there so i decided to just go with it

but yeah ill be spending money on it but it will all pay off in the long run when i have a game up and running smoothly

thanks but no thanks for your input. you generally did not help one bit there

The free scripts I mentioned are legitimate.

McCodes the best scripts out there. Well thats the funniest thing Ive read today. Complete utter rubbish in fact quite the opposite. The only advantage it held over any other engine was the mods it comes with and this has now been passed by NWE which is a more robust, secure and easier to use engine.

Generally did not help.... well perhaps you should go head off learn PHP and then you wouldnt need to pay someone or even ask? I was suggesting you save your self some time and money as I will explain.

Secure the engine. Well seen as Mcc is still not secure not in any version then your looking at $200+ to have it done properly as this means the securing of every file.

Mods. As mcc requires mods to be added into the files then at the cheapest rate $10-$20 per mod.

Game testing. Probably looking at $100+ or even a percentage share of the game to have it done properly and on a regular basis.

So thats hmmm $300 before you even start adding mods and you have not even mentioned anything about graphics and a theme for the game.

NWE on offer price at the moment $70.

Comes with 98 modules, secure, new modules can be added without modification to the existing files, quicker response time instead of the no reply or weeks it takes with Mc Codes staff.

right so thats your personal opinion.

since your not really helping me in the subject i have asked for and just trying to direct me away from what i want to do im not going to say anything more on the matter and just wait and see if anybody wants to help out thanks

Andy... if your unsure of how security works how can you guarantee yourself that the person your hiring to protect your site is doing the job correctly. ???

there are so many loopholes within Mcc V2. you would be wise to laern how an actual attack is done so you can work from there,,

my plan was to have one person code it then another to try and hack it. i know it might seem far fetched but sure somebody would try and hack a site for money lol

You're correct. You need a white hat - they actually may be able to do both jobs. Try and contact Paul Evans, I believe he and his brother work together to do this.

You're correct. You need a white hat - they actually may be able to do both jobs. Try and contact Paul Evans, I believe he and his brother work together to do this.

thanks ill look into that but i think i need to find somebody to code the script first ahah

Hello there Andy,

I can offer you a very cheap but at the same time a very good security check with a list of bugs/issues.

Many users on here have used me in the past to find bug/security issues and im sure some will tell you i do a very good job.

I have also been thanked/rewarded by Apple, cnet, talk talk for security finds.

Note: I am not a coder i am a just a bug/security finder, but my brother is a coder and could help you with this.

If you want more info inbox me and i will do my best to help you.

Edited by Michael Evans
add line