MakeWebGames

Budget Gaming PC

Zettieee

Look again please dave.

Most games (Even lastest games don't make use of more than 2 cores.)

And Graphics card is a mid range GTX 550.

Yes the HDD is a HDD.... If I wanted fast I'd go for SSD.

This is not my PC build at the min. This is my build for people looking for budget gaming.

Thanks for reply.

Look again please dave.

This is not my PC build at the min. This is my build for people looking for budget gaming.

Thanks for reply.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Pentium+G630+%40+2.70GHz

I dont think a cheap cpu is a good option. Will burn out quickly when used for gaming purposes.

HDD Seagate Momentus which is a hybrid drive and you can pick up if you look around for the same price as the 2TB quoted you dont need 2TB for gaming.

I would go with more ram 8-12GB and a motherboard with at least H67 chipset.

As for the GTX550 I would go with a GT 640

The real issue is with "budget" gaming system build is that your kidding yourself. The whole thing will run too hot and burn up your much better saving the cash spending twice the amount and having something more stable and reliable

Look again please dave.

Thanks for reply.

If you only play games with your life and don't have a practical application for the system then it's fine.

Otherwise it's not ideal, may as well converge all your computer budgets into one decent system.

Sorry Dave but not all gamers are rich...

I started gaming back on my old HP 250mb ram laptop... It was TRASH yet I played games on it (IE: Crossfire, WoW).

This setup would give someone the power they needed to play games like Mafia 2, half life, mine craft, and so on.

At ruler: The CPU is bad, yes. But, for the value and the performance it's a great starter for a first gaming PC.

As stated this is a BUDGET PC.

If someone wants me to recommend a high end PC build please don't hesitate to ask.

Again thanks.

Oh boy, times have changed since I stopped gaming on pcs case I never thought of intel being good for anything other than word docs and spread sheets. I used to run AMD all the way before dual/quad core was ever heard of lol and ran ATI gpus cause every nvidea i had burnt out while playing CS and not even CS Source. But thanks for the tip if i decide to ever want to break down and buy a windows pc (yuck)

Oh boy, times have changed since I stopped gaming on pcs case I never thought of intel being good for anything other than word docs and spread sheets. I used to run AMD all the way before dual/quad core was ever heard of lol and ran ATI gpus cause every nvidea i had burnt out while playing CS and not even CS Source. But thanks for the tip if i decide to ever want to break down and buy a windows pc (yuck)

Intel have a nice socket now LGA1155, so I picked the best value for money CPU under the LGA1155 socket set.

thus the motherboard can accept all new CPU's by intel.

AMD do offer a new socket also called ADM 3+ but, the motherboards don't come with as much features for the price as the intel ones.

If you do wish to build a PC for gaming (CS:source etc) I could help you pick the parts on a budget or even a high end machine.

Actually Kyle, things changed. Intel CPU are faster and more powerful than AMD, and NVIDIA cards tend to be faster than AMD one too... Also NVIDIA offers CUDA which let run some applications on GPU. AMD does have something similar but softs tend to use CUDA not AMD counterpart.

Personally, I would go for the intel, nvidia route, but you are of course free to have a different opinion ;)

Intel have a nice socket now LGA1155, so I picked the best value for money CPU under the LGA1155 socket set.

thus the motherboard can accept all new CPU's by intel.

AMD do offer a new socket also called ADM 3+ but, the motherboards don't come with as much features for the price as the intel ones.

If you do wish to build a PC for gaming (CS:source etc) I could help you pick the parts on a budget or even a high end machine.

Incorrect your chosen mboard cannot run all the socket CPU's as the chipset will not support them.