MakeWebGames

London Olympics Opening Ceremony Tonight (27/07/2012)

Octet

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah it was a great swim. She swam a faster time to get the bronze than she did 4yrs ago to get gold so just shows the increased level of competition.

Same thing with the running, and practically every sport now. It makes you wonder, how fast will people actually become before it isn't actually possible to get any faster.

Same thing with the running, and practically every sport now. It makes you wonder, how fast will people actually become before it isn't actually possible to get any faster.

Shall see how fast bolt can go..

See if he can break his record

Shall see how fast bolt can go..

See if he can break his record

Shall definitely be a race I shall be watching, that's for sure! In his previous races, you have a sense that he hasn't really put in his full potential as of yet, so it would be interesting to see how fast he can actually run if he put in his full effort.

I just want to talk about something that just really made me mad about the syncro diving that just happened. Yeah, China did really well ill give them that but the US got shafted on a couple of great dives. The judges gave better scores to the Canadians who really sucked than the Italians. Those judges just really grind my gears ugh, smh...

I just want to talk about something that just really made me mad about the syncro diving that just happened. Yeah, China did really well ill give them that but the US got shafted on a couple of great dives. The judges gave better scores to the Canadians who really sucked than the Italians. Those judges just really grind my gears ugh, smh...

No worries. Synchronized swimming isn't a real sport, anyway.

Can you do it?

And there goes the end-all quote.

Don't care to try to want to even think about attempting it.

On a further note, I should clarify. It's not a real OLYMPIC sport.

A sporting competition should never be based off another person's opinion on skill level. There are many additional Olympic events flawed in this way. Gymnastics comes to mind.

There are too many variables. Too many chances at favoritism from the judges.

Sports with clear-cut point systems. That is, ones where completing a certain actions (shooting a basket, hitting a target, finishing in the fastest time) allows no room for personal opinions. Opinions skew everything. Like this conversation right here. I have one opinion. Many have another. Those sports, in my OPINION, are acceptable Olympic events.

I dont see how it is any more flawed then say football for example 2 line judges and a ref who can all make judgments good and bad based on what they see and their opinion of it. Has it not been the no.1 issue after the last football season prompting the introduction of goal line tech to be introduced.

All sports have someone at least one person who judge it and make decisions on it based on their professional opinion.

So that would make none of them a real olympic sport.

I dont see how it is any more flawed then say football for example 2 line judges and a ref who can all make judgments good and bad based on what they see and their opinion of it. Has it not been the no.1 issue after the last football season prompting the introduction of goal line tech to be introduced.

All sports have someone at least one person who judge it and make decisions on it based on their professional opinion.

So that would make none of them a real olympic sport.

There's a reason I didn't say anything about football. For starters, it's a total garbage sport, anyway.

My point is, a points system seems pretty clear cut to me. The only issue would be rule breaking. For which, video evidence exists.

Football was just an example.

Hockey, basketball, baseball, rugby, netball, volleyball, tennis, beach volleyball (a frav of mine!), fencing, boxing, taekwondo, judo, badmington, squash im sure you get the point

Point system sports who have at least one judge and some do not have video evidence. In fact video evidence is not used in the majority of sports

Anyone been listening to the radio they are saying that the opening ceremony was all political

What a pile of crap,

For me it was a ceremony now get over it ya strange people

I got a feed on Facebook about a trending article saying a similar sort of thing. I think it was on 'The Guardian' website and it was a person moaning about how it was rubbish and the worst opening ceremony ever and how the Canadian Winter Olympics was better?

Found it: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2012/jul/29/worst-olympics-ever-vancouver-london-revenge

makes you sick theres always some epople in the UK that wants to throw their voice in and be heared even if it means them sounding like a complete twat

silly thing is though the british public help pay for the Olympics due to most of it being funded by the lottery which we pay for each week and we couldnt even get a seat at the olympics until yesterday. infact the british army were told to sit down on seats that were unoccupied...

Edited by illusions