MakeWebGames

good webhosting

Raven1992

what u mean

Well why are you changing? Need more bandwidth? More ram? Are you looking for a windows server rather then Linux? Then I guess I should ask are you comfortable dealing with a VPS or a dedi without support or are you looking for a host that will help you out?

Then maybe instead of just saying that a host doesn't have the "stuff" you need, maybe you should say what you needed in the first place, otherwise nobody is going to be able to help you...

Dedi/vps: esecuredata.com (what i use for my server), 1and1.com

shared: bluehost.com, hostgator.com, 1and1.com

free: don't use, it's crap.

I always recommend hostable.com been with them over 2 years and it has never went down, however when they had the DNS changer **** I disliked the fact they cut their domains off for 3 days, yes that is a reasonable thing to do when there is a threat such as that, but 3 days? and knowing the DNS changer virus only effected 65k nationwide... Did not make any sense why they turned them off for so long too... The cpanel was not off though that was up and running, it was just the DOMAINS they turned off.

That is the only problem i have had recently with them, other then that they have been good to me, and given me excellent service.

Don't use W3 Theory for hosting, I had simply way too many issues:

- Took an hosting, pre-payed a year.

- Uploading my script, and had very poor performances, with something like 2 sec to server a page load (script took 0.1 sec to execute).

- Email address don't work, and had to contact them via this forums, took 2 weeks to get an answer... which didn't fixed the issue.

- 2-3 weeks after the start of the hosting, their hosting went down due to a denial of service attack, and was down... for what, 2 weeks?

- They sent an email saying they would reimburse us, after 3 weeks I didn't got anything, I asked via forum... Peter said he will do it quickly... and I'm still waiting, it has been nearly 2 months now.

I basically lost money with them. So don't pick them up if you want a serious hosting.

Shared hosting are anyhow... ok just as start, so pick one, and survive with it. Good shared hosting (those which have a fast connection and good CPU) will kick you as soon as you use too much resources (even if it's written unlimited), the others simply end up being slow services. Cheap VPS are not much better, as you will end up with small amount of memory and an overall slow performance, without saying it cost you more than a shared hosting and yet you will have to handle more work yourself. So either you survive with a shared host (which means you have just a couple of players) or you will need to rend a dedi at some point (but that cost a lot more and require some knowledge from your side).

http://www.top10bestwebsitehosting.com/

or search via google, you will find tons.

I shared a one or two similar experiences with what Alain listed. When W3 went down, I switched to Hostable. Honestly, for shared hosting, it's not that bad. Servers even seem faster than W3. And, when I notice a difference, it's significant, as my connection is generally a crawl, anyway. You also can get a free year of service with one of their packages. Pretty decent deal, I think. I'm going to say Hostable.com.

Your responsible for your own files, the hosting company does not transfer those, only domain...

You want your files, compress them to a zip file, then save, and extract to new hosting.

As for database you do the exact same thing export your database tables and save, then add to new database.

How hard is that to do?

and yeah do you ever read these thread replies, I've encountered quite a few where you just did not read what people posted and then asked the very same question again. why make threads if your not willing to read what others have to say or their input?!

• 7 months later...