MakeWebGames

game fully workin

Raven1992

Going to be harsh here but your current efforts are very bad. In fact out of a lot of the poor attempts at releasing a game that I have witnessed on this forum yours is the worst.

Just having free and purchased mods in no way makes your game interesting or playable.

I would suggest unless this is purely going to be for yourself and close friends and family to play that you sit and re-think about it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-_- why do i hate people with negative comments in here

You'd do well to listen to a_bertrand. Not wishing to turn into another one of his well-deserved long list of ass-kissers, but from what I've seen, he knows exactly what he's talking about. And any advice given from him should be taken to its full extent.

Same goes for ROZ. Not a huge fan of his attitude at times, personally, but it doesn't mean he's an idiot.

If you're going to make a post saying your game is "complete" or "working," you should be completely ready to take others' observations to the contrary. Whether you like it or not, they are seeing what the players will see and commenting appropriately. Learn to take criticism or you'll never last in the text-based gaming business.

Edited by Seker

sadly i do take his advice but the ammount of negative comments from the other users

I already deleted one of your posts for language. Please stop swearing.

As for the feedback take it into account, look at the logs to see where the user has gotten in, and fix it. If you need help ask. There is no shame in asking, and as long as it's a good thread (e.g. spell checked, clear detail of problem you want explained etc) I would be happy to help you.

I already deleted one of your posts for language. Please stop swearing.

As for the feedback take it into account, look at the logs to see where the user has gotten in, and fix it. If you need help ask. There is no shame in asking, and as long as it's a good thread (e.g. spell checked, clear detail of problem you want explained etc) I would be happy to help you.

-_-" no comment

What is it with all the swearing this evening.

Criticism is a hard thing to take a lot of people dont take it well.

Maybe because your idea of criticism is nothing but insults.

Try giving some pointers on how someone can improve when you criticize them and it will probably be much more happily received.

Just saying "this is bad you should consider quitting" is going to piss anyone off.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constructive+criticism

I've been following this thread, finding it rather amusing to say the least, and have quickly just made an account to see what GothCentral is about for myself.

-As others have mentioned, the game does look basic and 'Enter if you Dare' doesn't make much sense. My suggestion would be to change the header graphic (masthead I think it is technically called) to something that fits well and isn't stretched. Secondly, I'm not sure whether you are aware of copyright infringement but do you own the rights to that image?

-I agree, what enough does 'Hipsterizing' mean?

-The gameplay itself is basic, and although I haven't seen the MCCodes engine I shall believe that it hasn't varied from it much. A storyline would be a good idea, as it gives us something to follow when playing the game as opposed to just making money.

-I'm not a security expert so I can't comment on what a_bertrand finds but I would certainly follow his instructions, he certainly seems to know what he is doing.

Overall I think you need to completely re-design the site to make it more interesting and improve it's quality. This shall instantly make it look more professional and entice more members to start playing. The other thing I would say is to make sure you have a storyline which follows a good and well thought out plot.

People here are giving constuctive advice.

You should take it your best even if negative and use it to be the driving force to work harder..

There will always been people who will hate you work no matter how good..

But if you need help..

Ask for it..

And please do try to go over your spelling..

I'm 17 and can't stand it when my friends text talk me on a phone which is more understandable than incorrect spellings on here

Spelling is important and I have to personally admit people my age are getting worse results in tests because they text talk while writing essays..I hate it to be quite honest and will always look down on people who fully use text talk..

Sorry went a bit off topic

Maybe because your idea of criticism is nothing but insults.

Try giving some pointers on how someone can improve when you criticize them and it will probably be much more happily received.

Just saying "this is bad you should consider quitting" is going to piss anyone off.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/constructive+criticism

Have I got another fan?

Cry me a river Arson.

Well one of the security issue is sadly the same with ANY McCode game: If somebody smart enough post a link of the kind: http://yourgame.com/admin.php?cmd=make_me_admin&id=userid (the url is wrong and doesn't work on purpose) and an admin click it you get the admin rights. Now you may think, sure no admins will ever click this link, ok, then what if you put the same link into a site like http://tinyurl.com/ which change the URL in something different, and then redirect there? Now leave a comment like: look what my cat did yesterday, and be sure somebody will click it. Same will work with any other function of the game.

This is a major issue and none of the current McCode do anything to avoid it.

Another issue is try to add some JS code in your forum signature, and you end up having a critical error on your server while viewing the forum post.

How can you fix those? For the first issue, the only way to fix it is to have tokens in the URL... I will not give more details you will have to discover it or... use my engine :-P

For the second issue here disclosed, you shall find the fix, I don't want to dig inside the code.

You think those are the only one? Nope, and what's worse, just google for mccode hack / exploit and you shall find tons of info... too bad.

How would I proceed if I was you? For sure stop publishing your game with your link as people could even hack your account... if they try a bit harder. Beside that, I would start writing down a story, setup the game mechanism (all text), and then decide the way to implement it (using an engine or write all yourself). Hard work? Sure thing, a LOT of work. Having a game is something which will eat you a lot of time if you want to have even something remotely successful. Count between 1-2 years if you are a fast coder to more if you are new and write all yourself.

You do NOT necessarily need tokens in the URL there is other ways to fix the problem. Just saying...

We all have our ways of coding, many different techniques can be done to prevent a hacker from hacking.

As for mccodes you would think whatever the price you paid would also get you a full security script, and that you do not need to add security such as his blocker he added.

You can't really be upset with him, because he is using a legal copy of mccodes, and he is not using an illegal copy like most usually do that are new, give him that credit.

I doubt he knew he was going to be paying for a engine that had security flaws, as for he is new, and stated he did not know how to code.

His spelling on the other hand that is irritating which probably made this thread what it is now lol...

I am still wondering, and trying to understand what the hell hipsterizing means lol. I have never heard of that word, tried to look it up, and got nothing.

The only advice I would recommend is do not release your game if you have not learned the coding to it,or made any effort in making it a game. Anyone can buy mccodes and make the same thing by adding just a logo, and believe me there are many that do, and are like you... If you only bought the engine for yourself or for learning then i could understand why you only have a logo, but what makes it not for those purposes is that you released it on this forum so evidently it is a game for public, which criticism is going to happen, even if you had the best game you still get the criticism. So that is why people say why just a logo? Nothing is making it stand out as a game, there is no storyline, let alone it is still in engine mode lol...

Go $%^& yourself.

lol someone is mad... It's just a forum everyone is going to have an opinion, or criticism so why be mad? Don't make any sense. It's not like you both will ever meet face to face, I think a lot of people on here are di**s, but you don't see me wasting my time on getting mad or telling them where to go... Sometime the harsh reality is the truth rather you despise it or not.

SRB: "I must say, that is a bold statement to say ANY McCode game. ANY in that context would mean ALL, so you are wrong." => was to any of the current version of the engine 1, 2, Redux. Sure if you change all by yourself and secure it, it's not anymore vulnerable, right? But of course you had to pick me on the sentence ;)

For the 1-2 years, well sorry, then, maybe I saw only examples of people which took even decades to develop their own, and myself I can't say I developed mine in 2 day too. Also giving a bigger time frame should give people time to think and not simply drop some script somewhere. You developed 2 in 8 months? good for you.

No need to scare people, and again I think you do largely don't understand me. Just as info, if you would have checked, he do have a NWE license too ;) Whatever. Why don't I want to give info? Well maybe because it's not my business to fix other people scripts? My point was simply to show that it was not secure (by default), and is still not with all the patches applied. BTW shall I remember a friend of yours SRB which preferred sentence was "it's not secure" and that was all ?

Sure you can find also fixes while googling, however for somebody which have hard time installing mods you think he's able to get the info to secure his site? I doubt. It was to show that hackers can find all their bread on the net... that's it.

Lucky: true, for the admin part you may find some different work around, however the same kind of hacks can be applied to receive money, crystal, dog and cats from other players. I hardly see how you could it then without some token on the URL. I could be wrong, fine, it was mainly to show that the current default engine is still vulnerable and people just buying it should not feel safe in any way.

Now enough said, I think the McCode owners should wake up and help this poor soul to start with.

Sure you can find also fixes while googling, however for somebody which have hard time installing mods you think he's able to get the info to secure his site? I doubt. It was to show that hackers can find all their bread on the net... that's it.

Just have to point something out here, Alain.

I have no trouble creating my own mods. Working on a fairly complicated re-write of the items system, as we speak, which I have high hopes for.

Installing other mods has also come to be a breeze to me, regardless of the informative nature of the instructions provided.

However, for the life of me, I just cannot figure out the correct wording to use when searching for security fixes. Thus, security is slow going for me while general PHP coding (regardless of how poorly it may be with MC) is taking hold in my brain fairly quickly.

Just a little flaw in your logic, there. Not just trying to start a war or anything.

Seker: it wasn't against you the point for the "cannot install mods"... It was for raven.

Oh, I know. My point was just that making generalizations like saying "If so and so can't do this, then he/she obviously can't do that" isn't always the correct o rdecent way to go.

True, but do you expect somebody which have troubles even doing the most basic things you would expect that the step further which would involve edit the files and actually understand them can be done? I doubt. Yet you are right, you may be able to paint without being able to write ;)

There was a list of helpful sites that showed how you secure, but can't remember whom posted it.

As for me it took me time, but it was really simple after i read up about security... If you happen to want to secure a form google "php form security", and millions of results pop up...