MakeWebGames

Graphical Searching script...

As a fond farewell to Mccv2 that and the fact im moving onto a new engine i thought id create one last Free Mod for everyone to enjoy...

WHATS IT DO.

Well in a nut shell you should be able to keep your users entertained eachday this script was worked off the basis of the Streets mod but im pleased to say its a lot more advanced than that.

1 = Create Areas that are defined to a users game level (areas that are higher than them will not be shown until they reach that level)

2 = Add NPC's to your Areas so they dont just have to be attacked via the battletent.

3 = MODES there are 4 mode types

3a = Good which will give the user a good outcome usually by finding an item or cash or anything you wish to reward a user with to keep..

3b = A bad Outcome this being that a user is sent to Hospital or jail.

3c = A Neutral outcome this will do nothing other than display written text...

3d = You can define if you want a NPC to allocate your area by adding the NPC's id

4 = levels can be Turned On or Off so for example if you have a level that you want to use as a festive event then you can open it then close it when the event is over this can also be done for any new Events that you have created..

5 = CHANCE you can specify a chance outcome to each of your newly created areas so for example if you wanted a KNIFE to be found you could SET the chance to 30 which would mean near impossible for the item to be found or 1000 which would make the item findable Extremely Easy.

6 = if your game is built for more than one Character type then that isnt a problem either you can add your Character types so when created your new Areas you can define which Characters can visit this Area and also makes it easier to add Items you dont want your other Characters to find.. Example if you have a Wizard in your game you wouldnt want them finding a crystal Ball as this should only be defined to a witch. You can also use the same level for characters so you could have 4 area level 1's and only each area will be seen by that charcater...

7 = Adding things to the script is easy also so if you decide you want more than the 4 modes you can add as many as you wish... by simply editing the searching.php file

8 = Search tokens are given as 25 per day so once all used your users will have to come back the following day when the cron has re-run to gain 25 more. However the set 25 can be altered to suit your game.

ADMIN SECTION..

The Admin section will have some pretty neat features from creating your areas and outcomes to editing Areas and outcomes

the drop down panel will allow you to easily navigate and select what you want to add or amend..

I understand that overtime you can mass quite a few outtcomes per area so this will be created so you can Instantly goto your choice without Searching masses of choices...

Ive already started work on this and hope to show you some outcomes in the next few days....

Theres a working demo for you to test my site dont give out items as yet but the main parts are working... so when regd click on Searching..

http://www.deadlyunderworld.com/mcctest/

It's not too bad. I do think, though, when you're put in the hospital, you can keep searching. It doesn't stop you until you leave the page and try to go back. I COULD be wrong, as I was clicking a little fast. I'll just have to check again in about 48 minutes when I get out.

Alright, well, aside from that and the wording on some things being wonkey, everything's working fine. I was incorrect about the hospital. I was just clicking too fast and not paying attention to the results.

Though, if I might make a suggestion? I think the rate of finding donator days is way too high. I'm finding them like every other click.

Everything in the areas can be setup to how you want them the rate of finding things can be done by altering the chance ive just done a really quick edit to get it up and running

The rate of finding donator days now has been reduced so finding them will become harder

Everything in the areas can be setup to how you want them the rate of finding things can be done by altering the chance ive just done a really quick edit to get it up and running

Fair enough. I was just thinking, you know there are people out there who will just plug and play without any real thought and then be on here begging for a solution. :P

fair point but to own a decent game they need to have thoughts about what they need to do and achieve from any outcomes... :)

Also very true!

It's definitely a nice mod. Yours always are, from what I've seen in older posts.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the picture-boxes-search/streets thing, so I won't be using it. But I'm fairly certain this will be a hit. Good job!

• 3 years later...