MakeWebGames

Help?

MafiaHeros

I'm trying to make a colour name buyer... Everything works except one thing... It does not change the users table but it should of..

This is the code:

if ($user_class->points > 2000 && $_POST['color'] != "agree"){
	$colours = "" . $_POST['color'] . "~" . $_POST['color'];
	$colours = (isset($_POST['color'])) ? $colours . "~" . $_POST['color'] : $colours;

$player = $user_class->id;
	$gradient = 3;
	$cost = $user_class->points - 2000;
	$player_class = new User($player);

$result1 = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `gradient`='3' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");
	$result = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `colours` = '".$colours."' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");
	$result = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `points` = '".$cost."' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");
	echo Message("You have successfully changed your gradient colours.");

}

Everything above works, except this line:

$result1 = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `gradient`='3' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");

When the gradient is below the amount of 3, it will not show. But it should update it into the database once I click submit, strange thing is, it does take the points and updates the RGB color code.

Anyone know a solution on this?

Much appreciated.

The line that's not working is this one

I want it to change once a user clicks the submit button. I have looked in php my admin to see if it changed but it just stays at 0.

When the gradient is below the amount of 3, it will not show. But it should update it into the database once I click submit, strange thing is, it does take the points and updates the RGB color code.

Anyone know a solution on this?

Much appreciated.

You have the gradient set at the value of 3, so it will only update to 3 nothing more nothing less...

first off i would change the query a little bit i haven't tested but should work

if ($user_class->points >= 2000 && $_POST['color'] != "agree"){
   $colours = "" . $_POST['color'] . "~" . $_POST['color'];
   $colours = (isset($_POST['color'])) ? $colours . "~" . $_POST['color'] : $colours;

$result = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `points` =  `points` - 2000, `colours` = '".$colours."',  `gradient`='3'  WHERE `id` = '".$user_class->id."'");
   echo Message("You have successfully changed your gradient colours.");     
}

P.S ive shortened the code down alot as for 1 u dont need to redeclare user class unless you using it to fetch something instead of current user and alot of code was not needed for code you posted

Edited by urbanmafia

Nevermind, works now. Thanks...

Solution:

$result = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `gradient?` = '".$type."', `colours` = '".$colours."' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");
	$result = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `colours` = '".$colours."' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");
	$result = mysql_query("UPDATE `grpgusers` SET `points` = '".$cost."' WHERE `id` = '".$player."'");