MakeWebGames

Deleting content

Dear Staff,

I bet you guys *think* you're so damn clever.

I also bet you guys *think* you're doing everyone one big ass favour.

You're not, so cut it out.

A little philosophy on this matter:

My posts are my opinion, whomever disagrees with it is *their* problem not *mine*.

Deleting *my* posts is ridiculous, and you guys should really rethink your strategy w.r.t. moderation on this forum.

My posts are meaningful, formatted, well communicated and even funny at times.

Yet every second post I make to this forum is deleted? Why.

Many people's posts on here should be deleted, they're meaningless and just plain retarded.

Yet the posts stay? Why.

Deleting my posts pisses me off, indescribably. And I've communicated this issue with staff.

If you don't want my content, please inform me as such and I'll stop presenting it.

I apologize for those few staff members that do actually try and make an effort, but since I'd sound like a complete "curmudgeon" for naming specific people, I'm generalizing.

S.

As it's directed at the staff team, I shall lock the thread to stop meaningless posts, and allow the staff members to respond only.

(it may be unlocked if someone else decides this isn't the right thing to do, but for now it's my choice.)

As for my opinion, you really didn't present this problem in the best way possible, by that I mean there was no need to spam the boards with this exact same topic, across multiple categories.

As for deleting your posts it's not something I've done (even have a deleted post of yours in my signature as I found it amusing) so I cannot comment on why it (or they) was deleted.

Edited by Djkanna

Spudinski: by posting on the forum you agree explicitly to the rules of the forum which are, off topic posts, or too offensive posts will be deleted for example. If you don't agree on the rules (as we stated MANY TIMES YET), you may simply leave and stop posting. As easy as that.

Anyhow if you want a public answer of why one of your post has been deleted, for me posting an animated gif of a guy which vomit after someone else offer is more than offensive. I don't care if this is your opinion, you are simply not allowed to post whatever you want. BTW the same rule apply to everyone, to the staff as well ;)

Also, instead of going crazy and posting 20x times the same thread all over scattered on the forum, post once and wait for an answer... as you see you got one, maybe not immediately at the second of your post, but at least you got one.

You know, a forum is a community, when you live in a community you must accept some rules otherwise it will soon degenerate. Rules allows moderators to remove post like "buy the blue pills" or whatever it is, as well as other kind of contents, yet it would be even better if you guys do understand that hurting the feeling of somebody else without actually giving any real reason is not a good post and shall be deleted as well. Posts like "this is sh*t---------" (the minus as the post was too short) is not a good post nor an acceptable behavior unless it was a thread with an image and it was requested to identify it. So as much as you don't like when we post negative things on your thread, refrain / stop to post just negative things on other threads without an actual content.

1. About the obsessive posting was to inform you guys of an idiotic permissions failure.

2. It's was four post exactly, not twenty.

3. You still didn't answer my question, none of what you said applies to me.

4. Within the first paragraph you hint towards my removal, spon again?

Edit: I find it rather amusing that DJk has a post that you *deleted* in his signature.

Even Nickson have said similar things, is it just a_bertrand that on a spree?

Edit 2: I think a_b is getting full of himself, and I don't like being someone's bitch i.t.o. complying to what they *think* is correct(go read your own god-damn rules before trying to preach them to people again).

I hope staff's response is appropriate, else I foresee my future posting habits being redirected towards a community with a "set" of staff that is more competent(again, generalizing). I'm not going to stand here and be humiliated by moronic and self-righteous staff.

Edited by Spudinski

I think the forum is biased. Many mod's lean towards other members. Many months ago many members would jump off topic raising hell against some of my threads. ;). I could pull them up but no point. No mod's or admin's said anything about that.

On a side note: Spudinski, come on msn or unblock your PM's so we can discuss some business.

[...]

Edit: I find it rather amusing that DJk has a post that you *deleted* in his signature.

[...]

To clarify, I have the quote because it was amusing to me, not to make a statement of any kind (well other than it's amusing).

As for posts;

The 'team' delete posts they deem unacceptable in the thread the post resides, so if Alain (using as an example, sorry Alain) deletes your post because it is his opinion that your post was not useful,off-topic or offensive.

It is his opinion, and as you say: "My posts are my opinion, whomever disagrees with it is *their* problem not *mine*."

Now you and others may not agree with his opinion and subsequently deletion of the post, but that's unavoidable, you cannot agree with everything everyone does at any given time.

If the rest of the 'team' feels like decision was ill-judged then sure it will be righted and restored (providing it is possible at the time), now if they agree with Alains decision to delete, then it will remain deleted.

---Relating to Sim---

Is the forum biased? Yep.

Plain and simple, everyone is biased in their judgement calls at one point or another, it's just something that happens.

Whether this answers your question (that it was the opinion of Alains that your post was unacceptable, and you may not agree with his opinion) or I'm just rambling (I think this is the winner), I hope you can sort this out with the 'team', and get back to posting useful things.

My posts are my opinion, whomever disagrees with it is *their* problem not *mine*.

Deleting *my* posts is ridiculous, and you guys should really rethink your strategy w.r.t. moderation on this forum.

I don’t believe I have deleted any of your content (excluding the other copies of this thread, but I did leave this one...), and as far as I’m aware most of your posts aren’t too bad. That said some comments, joke or not, simply damage threads.

Example - http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/41639-FREE-Advertising-for-New-Games (you can’t see the post, but you may remember what was there?).

You posted an animation of a man being sick. Why? All it did was lower the tone of a serious thread. May have been a joke, but it didn’t come across well in my view.

My posts are meaningful, formatted, well communicated and even funny at times.

Yet every second post I make to this forum is deleted? Why.

True. In fact I’ve never seen a post from you I failed to understand, however as pointed out above I believe in some cases your jokes are a little distracting from the topic, but I guess that is just my opinion.

Many people's posts on here should be deleted, they're meaningless and just plain retarded.

Yet the posts stay? Why.

Honestly I don’t know. Maybe they are missed; maybe there is something useful in amongst the random stuff. You would need to give examples, and please don’t do that in the thread. It would simply start an argument with the original poster.

Deleting my posts pisses me off, indescribably. And I've communicated this issue with staff.

You have? Didn’t reach all of us. In any case you have now.

If you don't want my content, please inform me as such and I'll stop presenting it.

It’s an open community, and I actually think you add a lot to it. I would however say at times, as said above, the posts are not helpful. I don’t believe its ½ your posts that get deleted (as you stated).

I apologize for those few staff members that do actually try and make an effort, but since I'd sound like a complete "curmudgeon" for naming specific people, I'm generalizing.

If you have a problem with specific staff member point it out. Mail one of the four Administrators. Thank you for not doing it in public.

I think the forum is biased. Many mod's lean towards other members.

We’re human there is always going to be some bias in us. It’s why if we feel we can’t be fair we do nothing and pass it on to someone else. As for your threads if we missed it, report the posts. They get dealt with.