MakeWebGames

Paid Request

I am looking to get pricing quotes on coding a template from clan templates. I need 3 pages, Login, Register and the Header.

I really don't know what this is worth so please be kind when giving a price.

I will say i have asked 1 person from here that said about $150. (imo that's just to much)

Not really. You get what you pay for with art.

If you go to one of the big companies, that build the layouts for the big gaming house games, with 1m+ users -- you think you'll get a layout for less than around $5k?

To use something freely available, and create 3 pages $150 is not worth it. If he was asking for a custom layout I would agree with you.

If you go to one of the big companies, that build the layouts for the big gaming house games, with 1m+ users -- you think you'll get a layout for less than around $5k?

Point taken but 5k for 1m+ users is most likely pennies to them and plus its professional(not saying anyone here isnt) and im sure it comes with some sort of support system, legit images,.etc. ect.

Mine was $150 but would I pay for it again probably not, sure it may look pretty decent but still.

Try to cut the cost by making your own, slice it up and pay someone like $20 bucks to code it for ya thats what im doing right now but my guy is making me an ingame for a few extra.

But to answer the op, its worth what you want it to be worth. There are always deals to be made as long as you can haggle cause from my experiance in sales 90% of people are "NOT FIRM" on their price.

Good luck with a dope *** template.

Yeah i second that, you pay for what you get, and art is well lets face if the soul of your game its the first thing a new user see's and if your gfx looks good they will sign up,

If your art looks like it was made with images you can get on google ehh im not sure anyone will join.

think of your game has a meal if it smells good and looks good your gunna take a bit, if it looks like crap and smells like crap your gunna be like no way.

pay the best get the best imo

also 5k is very cheap also some games pay up to 5 k for just a ship the bigger the game/site the more you pay but you get more for your buck

Edited by Michael Evans
typos

I am unsure on if this template is already coded from clan templates, if so then sure $150 to integrate it into MCCodes is a little high, however for 3 pages to be coded, $150 is a reasonable request, and compared to companies that actually do this service, somewhat cheap...

Depending on how good the graphics and the artist is in the work he/she does $150 may not be over priced. I have seen them go for a lot more then that.

If price is your problem you should learn photoshop and dreamweaver or whatever program you feel suitable to use, can save you money, however may take time too, to make a decent template. If it was a flash template I would pay $150 because i do not know flash much and don't care to take time out to learn it lol.

$150 template.

Well your not the only one who will have it so will not be original. Chances of you running into various copies quite high and if their game management and player base is higher than yours then you could end up losing players.

$150 is not a lot. Your looking at google'd images slapped together with a bit of photoshop work to attempt to fit it alltogether with no real thought behind menu placements and other areas.

$150. I charge £65/hour to produce my work. Some of my artist friends charge that up to £210 per hour. They are in demand get in the queue if you can get in the queue.

Slicing and coding for a template. $150

Personally if someone is doing a decent template for less than this then they are new looking to build their portfolio and it is really pot luck if you get a good job or not.

There is levels of slicing and the creation of css sprites and markup. You only get good at it from experience and knowledge gained and for those two things there expect to pay a premium for it.

I paid much more than that for the rulerofzu template. I am getting a new template done at the moment which is costing much more than that.

If you can afford it you pay more as you get a much better standard of work and something that is using images you cannot get pulled up for using at a later date. The creation of the css and integration will be much better.

I can actually see why some people think $150 seems fair, however I would say compare what you could actually get else ware.

$150 for a template that would still be freely available to anyone who wishes to clone your website, or the alternative (as someone has said above) where you can spend the same amount on a custom template from a smaller, but not necessarily less skilled designer.

There are people on here that create templates for such a cost. I admit more may get you better templates, however there is the other end of the scale where you are simply paying that amount because of who you use. E.g. Sos-factory skilled? Sure, but I wouldn’t pay that much just because it’s them.

In any case as a customer I would prefer a cheap custom template over $150 just to use a free one. I’m sure there are people that have a different opinion. That’s the freedom we enjoy.

And for the slicing and coding of such Dom? Which is whats in question here for $150 or less.

Oh well I wouldn't expect it all done for $150, but at the same time I still wouldn't pay $150 for it to be done for me. Simply not worth it.

In this case I seem to have hit the "do it yourself then" gap. Not that it's helpful to the original poster.

Get in touch with peter, I'm sure he will be able to do this for you.

he is the one that said 150 bucks.

i have had 2 done in the past both for like 30 buck each ishmell did 1 and crazyt did the other.

this is just a template from clan templates.com like the other 2 i have. So yes i have all pics,css and a premade index.html page