MakeWebGames

IE Fix

hey again guys/girls

I'm having this problem with layout, chat and iframes in internet explorer. on firefox and chrome the site loads fine and great but when it comes to internet explorer the game becomes really crap and not worth playing,

Alot of people wont change to firefox or chrome and are stubborn to stay with IE,

If there any code or fix to sort out the Ie problems with layouts and that?

Rulerofzu, when it come's to development for cross browser compatibility, you don't think to yourself, Oh, let me try IE 8 compatibility mode, that way, i can tell all the user's to do that. NO!

It's not hard to make a design work in all browser's, not hard at all! and you don't even need IE HACK's.

Rulerofzu, when it come's to development for cross browser compatibility, you don't think to yourself, Oh, let me try IE 8 compatibility mode, that way, i can tell all the user's to do that. NO!

It's not hard to make a design work in all browser's, not hard at all! and you don't even need IE HACK's.

i tried the compatibility mod and its still the same :(

Well yes and no.

Microsoft announced last year they would do silent updates bringing everyone's version of IE to the latest version.

You can use compatible mode to identify what elements are throwing off the design and therefore make it easier to resolve the issue.

Its all about using the tools you have available to you making your work easier.

If Microsoft announced last year, expect it in like 2015. As far as i know, IE 8, still remains IE 8 Native with no IE 9 component's.

Tool's? You have all the tool's available. Firebug, Firebug Lite, IE Developer Tools. You can download IE7,8,9 standalone to test your site in all of them without needing to delete your current IE.

In my own personal opinion, when it comes to cross browser compatibility, IE is less forgiving in everything, that's a note you should all make, and NEVER use compatibility mode, as normal "users" don't even know what exactly it does.

As mentioned previously. Get someone to fix it, or fix it yourself. There are many tutorials online to make your site cross browser friendly.

For real? right ok ill download IE8 rather than click the little icon to see how it will look.

Ok now in compatible mode. Thats the element in question. Fix it. Switch back. All done. Do not really see the need to download anything or take any steps further than that.

Ok, compatibility mode runs a certain previous version, now back to what i was saying. How do you know the user's have the same version that your compat view is emulating?

Never assume that a user has a certain version of IE.

And ill say again, it's not hard to make your site cross browser compatible, you do not even need CSS hack's for it! Learn the proper way or expect issues in other browsers, and most probably its like 15% of your total user base that use IE