MakeWebGames

[Discussion] Posting & Attitude

H4x0r666

...wtf+did+I+just+read+_3833a1752081e0dfe2148080282746f4.jpg

-Anyway, isnt this forum to help? instead of giving negative crap.. like this? if he bought the engine, doesnt he deserve some support? :P if something aint working.....

(This forum needs some basic, STAY ON-TOPIC rules.. sigh...)

Edited by H4x0r666

...wtf+did+I+just+read+_3833a1752081e0dfe2148080282746f4.jpg

-Anyway, isnt this forum to help? instead of giving negative crap.. like this? if he bought the engine, doesnt he deserve some support? :P if something aint working.....

(This forum needs some basic, STAY ON-TOPIC rules.. sigh...)

No, this isn't an "official" support forum. If he wants support from the proper people, I'd suggest he contacts MCCodes.

If you're not paying for something, you're not the client.

MWG has got those, pfft.

As for the stay on topic; well I can't see that your bashing of somebody elses

comments are on topic either; hush up or move on.

I just find it annoying on every forum without the 'stay on-topic' rule, that people can ruin other people 's topics without any warning, because what is the point in posting negative stuff about someone's question if he just don't know the answer and it might sound weird but not one question can be considered as stupid and to react soo mean to it... is just not respectful, he wants to know answers, if you got those and like to share it with him.. then do it.. if you don't just leave it alone

Help threads; help when you can, if you can't just read if you like but don't post if the TS can't do anything with your reply-.-"

Sell threads, reply if you wanne buy? unless it is illegal, what is being sold.

General/Lounge.. whatever <.< there anyone can post their nonsense and talk about whatever they want, if you wanne say it to 1 person.. why dont just PM him?

sigh.. anyway my english isnt that good so also don't get in discussion with me, about that.. further replies to this.. i would happily read those in my (PM Inbox) since this is enough off-topic for now :$

would also be nice to have some more active moderators on the forum that read every topic and delete the.. lets say, crap :P

What i find ironic the people who DO help, is ALWAYS taken for granted on here, we the people who help does not work for the mccode engine, we offer help when we believe the help is needed, sometimes, people demand help without even trying to fix the error themselves it's quite obvious if the events were not posting the most recent it means the ORDER BY does not include the date of the event, nor Desc..ORDER BY evTIME DESC check your vars maybe they are not calling those correctly...

Octarine has helped many people on this forum, and just because he posted what he did, does not mean he posted it to be rude, he eventually helps afterwards when the person has tried to fix it. We are not by no means slaves to you all that are seeking help. We have life's we are not employees of mccodes.com

Edited by lucky3809

Jesus Christ I asked for a little bit of help not an argument!

Iv been a member since 2009 and its the first time iv done so.

I dont think I was rude? If I was sorry.

All I wanted was help on how to fix something, dont see why people had to get involved.

You think I dont realise people are taken for granted here? there the only reason mccodes is what it is! There great, simple as.

I tried to fix the script myself, couldnt. Did I demand help? no. No one had to post or help or do anything. All I wanted was if someone could see the error to point it out

If a mod could lock this it would be great. Thanks to octarine and lucky for the help :)

Edited by The Spirit

Topic split.

People should be able to receive support for their (mcc) game on this forum, whether they are experienced or not. I also do not consider the point of 'MWG not being an official support channel' valid. However, users should put some effort in fixing their own errors.

PS: If the syntax highlighter really is giving so much issues we'll have to search for another one. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to share them into a new topic and we'll take a look for sure.

Apparently, it's now against certain members' policy to point out:

a) Critical errors that may affect people's projects.

b) Obvious syntax errors. (even if they be forum generated)

Well thanks due to H4x0r666's stance on this, though also in part due to the

collective lack of tolerance shown for anybody with a higher than the average

""McCodes"" knowledge (something that really should have been put out of its

misery several years ago), I see no further benefit in wasting further time

here. Key topics and posts have been moved elsewhere, the remainder deleted.

Those who know how to get in touch with me can via the usual channels, anybody

wishing to retain me as a guest writer, consultant, programmer, or similar,

will simply have to look elsewhere.

Existing contracts will be completed as discussed with the relevant parties;

however no further discussion will be entered into via these forums. (Private

messaging has been disabled, and my email address points to a spam-only

account).

Those wishing a copy of the final "Can you spot the Bugs?" series of articles

may find them in a book due to be published sometime later this year.

I don't get what this is all about? Is it just because h4x0r is on a bit of a pity spree?

It's irrational.

Let's look at the reasons people stay here:

- They like to help out

- They have some free time

- They are interested in thoughts discussed on this forum

Now, let's look at the reasons people flee from here:

- Childish arrogance

- The lack of quality content

- Assumptions made by others

This is a few I could think of out the top of my head, and it's not so far fetched.

I for one see most threads being posted here, and my idea on a post can be read here.

The main reason why people aren't willing to help is because you help once, you either get spammed by other "less-knowledgeable" people for help, or they simply demand to much. It's not our job to help people here, if we do so, we do so with better intentions than the person who posted the question in the first place.

Now, let's take another "help" site per comparison: stackoverflow (it's relevant).

Why aren't there spam? One simple reason, when a useless help thread is posted, it's voted down and closed.

This saves everyone the time reading through garbage, and discussing their opinion on it(what people here refer to as spam nowadays).

But, this is a collaborative forum. We actually discuss topics around here, we don't (always) just give the answer.

Sometimes we require more details from a person to posted help, and meanwhile, another arrogant fool whom thinks they know everything there is to know, jumps in right at the middle and halts the process, the result? We get tired, you aren't helped.

And on the other hand, why are you people moaning about relevant tips to code being posted? I would think you'd appreciate it.

I just think it's terrible that people can't just "take a joke".

On a positive side, the moderators are active enough. If you can't see their work, then it's your problem. But when I report/ask assistance to a moderator or staff, it's very quickly dealt with(in comparison to "other" forums).

Edit:

@Nickson: It's not the syntax highlighter that is causing the problem, it's the WYSIWYG editor, it's tried to format the code as text. It has happened many times that "styling" is applied to the code I post, which just is a hassle.

Edited by Spudinski

I was not pin pointing anything about you Spirit, I was just replying back to H4x0r666 comment,that Octarine was not being rude in fact, he has been helping a lot of people out lately, and sometimes he points out the obvious, and then someone comes along taking it the wrong way, (not you). H4x0r66 makes it sound like that people should be on demand on this forum, that's how i took his comment.

Amen. Time to shut down my account too methinks.

People seem to forget that the times we do say something that other people would not agree with, it is out of frustration of hearing the same old questions that a quick search on google would answer.

Oh well, rome wasn't built in a day and the same timeline applies to most on MWG grasping the basics of PHP.

Ciao, noobs :D

It's a sign for your to hang up your boots.

Lol? and now its my thread.. anyway its simple, my 'opinion/view' on octarine`s 'opinion/view' is that i just don't like it when people start posting off-topic which results into a thread full of garbage ... and yeah i know the fact that people can be so lazy sometimes, but if its easy to fix whatever the question/problem was then why not just help that one out or just staying away from the thread and save your time? if the asked question was really that stupid, then eventually the help thread would get deleted or closed, (when an admin or mod sees it).

Now, let's take another "help" site per comparison: stackoverflow (it's relevant).

Why aren't there spam? One simple reason, when a useless help thread is posted, it's voted down and closed.

This saves everyone the time reading through garbage, and discussing their opinion on it(what people here refer to as spam nowadays).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh well, rome wasn't built in a day and the same timeline applies to most on MWG grasping the basics of PHP.

Thanks for pointing that out..

Ciao, noobs :D

Thanks again...... very respectful

Edited by H4x0r666
Adding SomeRandomBastard's comment

Lol? and now its my thread.. anyway its simple, my 'opinion/view' on octarine`s 'opinion/view' is that i just don't like it when people start posting off-topic which results into a thread full of garbage ... and yeah i know the fact that people can be so lazy sometimes, but if its easy to fix whatever the question/problem was then why not just help that one out or just staying away from the thread and save your time? if the asked question was really that stupid, then eventually the help thread would get deleted or closed, (when an admin or mod sees it).

Please re-read my post again, before trying to use my words against me. You clearly missed the point I made.

The OP's post wasn't clear, or even a little bit detailed on what was required.

Please re-read my post again, before trying to use my words against me. You clearly missed the point I made.

The OP's post wasn't clear, or even a little bit detailed on what was required.

I dont use your words against you, i just used it :P

Sorry if the OP's post wasn't clear enough, but;

Hey, I have a problem with my events page. It doesnt show the newest event, the event will then appear when you get another event.

Thanks if you can help. :)

Looks clear to me ;) It didnt show the newest event, only after another new event came along then the event before the newest one, would show up & the newest one itself doesn't.

Thread is now: http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/41131-Events-Help

Looks clear to me ;) It didnt show the newest event, only after another new event came along then the event before the newest one, would show up & the newest one itself doesn't.

Thread is now: http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/41131-Events-Help

What did he try?

When did it happen?

What should it do?

I'd refer to http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html.