MakeWebGames

New MCCodes Bug Tracker

Dabomstew

With some MCCodes v3 work going on behind the scenes and bugs in the older versions still being found at a rather disturbing (to us at least) pace, we have decided we need to attempt to centralise bug reports into a formal system where users can submit bugs, and get feedback directly from developers.

We have setup our bug tracker at http://bugs.mccodes.com/ for this reason.

A registration is required but is free (naturally) and once your account is made you will be able to report bugs.

Please report any security issues / exploits as "private" to start with so we can attempt to fix the problem without leeches being able to go on and abuse these bugs on other peoples' games.

We are intending this to be the first step towards opening up more to the public regarding our development processes for current and future MCCodes versions.

Dabomstew

MCCodes Developer

Its kinda sad that the only time they show up here is just to say that they are working on V3............. AND OH WAIT because the older version is filled with bugs lets do this.

i think they are getting scared of the competition a_bertrand LOL

mccodes is already down the toilet. trying to make it right (finally) is to little to late in my opinion. With alain getting ready to release his engine, do you think anyone is gonna wanna buy v3? with the shitty support they have given the community for the past 3 years, I think not. I'll wait for alain to release his engine. at least I know if bugs are found or exploits he'll be on it..

Well, even if my engine scare them and at the end force them to come with a better code, it's already an achievement, even if it would not make me any good ;)

Currently I'm working on the documentation... hard work... hard work indeed... I would need an editor helping me improving the text quality / typos.

mccodes is already down the toilet. trying to make it right (finally) is to little to late in my opinion. With alain getting ready to release his engine, do you think anyone is gonna wanna buy v3? with the shitty support they have given the community for the past 3 years, I think not. I'll wait for alain to release his engine. at least I know if bugs are found or exploits he'll be on it..

Now not to defend them, or anything... but you say it correctly. This is a community, not the MCC community, nor do they give official support here even though they should, as most of their costumers are actually here. Unless something has changed and I have not been informed. I have always told them to give some level of support here though, or at least read everything and patch up what's been reported.

Well, even if my engine scare them and at the end force them to come with a better code, it's already an achievement, even if it would not make me any good ;)

Currently I'm working on the documentation... hard work... hard work indeed... I would need an editor helping me improving the text quality / typos.

I did offer to help you with typos and improving the text quality. The offer still stands. I would be glad to help you.

With some MCCodes v3 work going on behind the scenes and bugs in the older versions still being found at a rather disturbing (to us at least) pace, we have decided we need to attempt to centralise bug reports into a formal system where users can submit bugs, and get feedback directly from developers.

We have setup our bug tracker at http://bugs.mccodes.com/ for this reason.

A registration is required but is free (naturally) and once your account is made you will be able to report bugs.

Please report any security issues / exploits as "private" to start with so we can attempt to fix the problem without leeches being able to go on and abuse these bugs on other peoples' games.

We are intending this to be the first step towards opening up more to the public regarding our development processes for current and future MCCodes versions.

Dabomstew

MCCodes Developer

You could always read the posts on this forum that have gone unanswered time after time. I myself have posted several bugs in your 2.03 version. You could also give us a tutorial on what things do in your script and how to use them to make it easier to work with. I already bought one nightmare titled Redux that would take a rocket scientist with 3 degrees and a few Hail Mary's to figure out. A step in the right direction for you to come up with a bug tracker but don't you think you should of offered that service when everyone purchased your scripts? Just saying...

OMG Good thing I was sitting when I came back. I saw Dab's answer a post and nearly fell out of my seat. Thats the problem "regardless of forums posts"?? what do you want? a phone call??

we feel this was a needed step for future progression
how are you going to look to the future when your past makes your "company" look horrible?

Fix your broken "out of the box" engine's. Release some updates or something so your customers know you think of your product instead of releasing junk, taking their money, and hiding for months on end

Regardless of forum posts (and we do intend to address those at a later stage, to some extent...) we feel this was a needed step for future progression. It certainly doesn't fix our mistakes of the past, but it's a start.

"address those at a later stage, to some extent"? Why wouldn't you address them now? To some extent? Why don't you address them completely? It would restore some faith in your previous engines and help with future sales of your new engine. Customer service and customer satisfaction should have been your main priority from the start. By the way your demo's for your engines have been hacked....there is a good place to start.

Yawn.......

I'll be the judge. From this moment, why not everyone help Mccodes instead of complaining. If we don't see an improvement with their activity and behaviour then I'll allow people to carry on. I'll even spread the word about Mccodes' reliability.

When they become good and more active and etc....

Then we will be successful and we will know that we were the ones who helped Mccodes get onto their feet and this forum will be alive once again.

What you say?

(No moaners/hatred response)

Don't get me wrong here of course, I'm happy that you're getting a bug tracker going. I would however suggest that you implement a version checker or some way to tell owners from their own games that an update is needed. Why? To avoid the mccodes costumers who can't program having to log into the bug report system. Fairly easy to implement a basic check, and should help avoid people using outdated versions as they frequently do.

Hope to see this working out for you.

From this moment, why not everyone help Mccodes instead of complaining.

Well it's the age old question, isn't it? And why should the answer change now. Most people, if not everyone, does not want to give up their time to fix a buggy engine for absolutely nothing, not even a thanks, while the people that released the original buggy code continues to take $300 a go from them. So, that being said, why should the work be done by everyone else to see others reap the rewards of their hard work?

Well I don't know. I haven't looked at MCC in quite some time. It was $300 at one time, this I know. It pains me to say it, but MCC was one of the reasons I joined up here, but part of me feels it's reaching the end of it's lifespan. It will take an amazing set of files in v3 to keep it alive. With the competition coming through, they are pricing themselves out of business, even if it is only $20 more than yours Alain, and with continuous reports of bugs and sketchy support (there is a claim of email support which I cannot question having never used that) but the posts on here about reading threads and promising to fix whatever was posted here hasn't happened. The MCC name has been dragged through the proverbial mud, and in any business, brand is the most valuable asset. You see Coca-Cola and Pepsi side by side on a shelf in a shop, and you just read that Coca-Cola customers have found numerous body parts in their drinks, you're gonna buy the Pepsi (unless you are into the whole body part thing), and that's what's happened here. The brand value has plummeted recently and will be interesting to see if it survives. If you do produce an excellent engine for v3, then I wish you the best of luck.

Redux has always been $120, or $40 to mccodes v2 licence holders. V2 was originally $300, but was repriced along with v1 a short time before Redux came out. (Or maybe at the same time?) In any case Redux was never $300.

Mccodes reaching the end of it's life seems to be most peoples opinions. Hopefully more competition means they will turn it around.

Yeah I never specified Redux as $300, but I did refer to some product as $300. What's to say v3 won't be the same price? The reduction of price for Redux was because it was a reworking of the earlier released and since outdated v2 engine, and as such was still from the v2 family.

IMHO, this should have been there day one of mccodes development, and to make it even simpler, why wasn't the scripts ever put to test, or tried out, maybe most of all the bugs could been avoided in the first place. Mccodes will always be the worst engine ever. Even after all this time, of thinking of reasoning out the problems, it's kind of too late, but I guess better now that you offer such now.

Dabs and Coldblooded I don't think realize what they had. For those of you who have been here for a long time know that people used to post mods (free and paid) on a daily basis. C.E (mwg old name) was popular as well as mccodes. But with the lack of attention, security and updates they gave their engine, it went down hill. These forums died off just as quick as the engine. In order to get the Mccodes name back up in good standings, they're gonna have to update their old broken engines, maybe release some free mods for people to use and get confidence back from those who lost confidence in them. They are going to have to show the community that they REALLY stand behind their product instead of releasing broken "out of the box" engines.

Who would want to help someone on something for free knowing that they would get over $100 for each copy sold. Just so we could know that we helped them gain thousands of dollars?

The community's support is not given to give mccodes monetary gain, but for those who have already paid for a licence and are struggling. In publicly fixing the problems we are in a way helping the company.

We do indeed intend to release a patch for all 3 current MCCodes versions in the near future, starting with v2 base. It seems silly that we'd ask for bug reports otherwise...

To try and properly address forum posts:

We've been rather inactive on these forums for years. So being able to go back and read every single topic regarding MCCodes on the forums that we haven't seen yet in a short space of time isn't exactly possible. We do intend to read over the forums as part of the process of patching the current versions and releasing v3, but doing stuff like replying to 2-year-old support enquiries here would be silly.

As ColdBlooded said, we do have a support channel that is replied to at a decent rate, and if problems are urgent we suggest that our paying customers take things there, as we'll always prioritise that level of support over queries on the forum.

Our plan for the immediate future is to get these patches out in a way that balances speediness and fixing everything possible, whilst working on other upcoming things also.

As far as being too late? We realise that we've already lost the faith of a decent number of the members here, but we still intend to push on with things for the benefit of those that do still use the engine and would appreciate official updates, support and the like. If our efforts manage to change the minds of a few of you, then even better.