MakeWebGames

New MCCodes Bug Tracker

Dabomstew

If everybody would, (excuse me for saying) stop bitching, I would actually like to converse about the topic at hand: the bug tracker.

There is one main reason I wouldn't want to submit a bug to you guys, and that is the first page of the tracker.

I'm not going to sign-up to report a bug, that maybe has already been reported. You guys need to make the listings public, so everyone could view them.

Also, if you can't even be bothered customizing the simple logo to suit your product, you phail.... horribly.

• 1 month later...

All you people who have been here for what, 3 year's (Those posted in here). Let's go back to 2006 when C.E started getting popular.

Ok, i had 4 friend's purchase mccode's v1.

3 Month's down the line.. no support from MCCode staff what so ever for V1.

V2 released and same thing.

As Spud previously said. Since you can not even change the logo on your bug tracker system. You have already Failed your attempt, cause you seem not to care to promote your business.

Thirdly. V3 has been in production for nearly 4 year's. Back in 2009 was supposedly that in December 2009 V3 was to be released. Did you guy's get lack of motivation, coined some bucks and went to hide again?

@BioHazard: Reason why we complain?

We complain so that people can see the Complaint's and are warned if they buy MCC, there is no support apart from us provider's on this forum.

@Dabomstew: You say you had support on Email with a 24hour response time? I call bullshit. Simple as that. Why?

I was once a regular every day poster on this forum since way before v2 came out. And Ive seen and heard people email with no response of up to 2 weeks. Sometime's no response at all.. Cut the bullshit, admit that you guy's screwed up and was looking to make a few coins. Now you guy's have competition.

And to be frankly quite honest, I highly doubt you've even considered "Structuring" or "Efficiency".

And just so you know. If v3 is released with all these "rumours" of how great it's going to be, and it's hacked within the first day. Everyone will be laughing.. including me.

Adios.

It is true that the quality of our support has been inconsistent at times. However we still strive to provide it to the best of our abilities in the present. There's little we can do now about long support waits in the past besides attempt to improve our standards and hopefully change the impression we've given to people like you over time.

Changing the logo on the bug tracking system seems to be a very odd complaint. Putting it up to start with is a step in the direction and will be built on with the suggestions/criticisms in this topic when we have the time.

It is fair enough to complain, but some of it gets ridiculous - there is a fair amount of topics derailed with such complaints. Sure, you want to be heard - but there's a time and a place for everything.

We attempt to respond to every support query within 24-48 hours. This doesn't mean that we are always able to do so - sometimes other parts of life get in the way. Our currently released engines & support are far from perfect - we get it! - but we are making efforts to improve them, which have to be balanced with the efforts to develop future projects.

Finally, on the subject of rumors - they are just that. Without any real official information releases yet, you should be waiting for the engine to see if it will make itself great or not rather than relying on guesses by community members. We cannot 100% guarantee that the engine will not have any kind of hack found on its release date - no-one can say that - but we have learned a lot from prior releases.

[RANT]

You missing the Prime concept to "Selling to a market".

If you are selling a product. Then this become's a commitment. Some thing's in life can wait 10 minute's for a guy that paid $300 (that time back) to get a response. But no, you infact just went on and ignored the hole concept. People paid your company for a product, and to you, that's your income. Which is a priority in life. Unless you just don't give a damn and like you said, "This doesn't mean that we are always able to do so - sometimes other parts of life get in the way."

You have a cellphone, every one does. And you telling me you can not reply to a email within 24 hour's?

I think you sir, must learn some business ethics. Your customer's come first.

Finally, on the subject of rumors - they are just that. Without any real official information releases yet, you should be waiting for the engine to see if it will make itself great or not rather than relying on guesses by community members. We cannot 100% guarantee that the engine will not have any kind of hack found on its release date - no-one can say that - but we have learned a lot from prior releases.

In no way was i implying that it will be able to be hacked, just giving you some motivation to get it done.

Another tip. Never ASSUME always triple check, and Ive now learned that the hard way.

Oh and on a side note.. If you have angry client's, don't go forth with project's till you've made those client's happy. I understand you want to get V3 done. But i have a question.

With the way MCCode's has been seen for the past 4 year's. Whats your prime goal for v3?

You've ruined your brands reputation and with it you'll most likely drastically hinder sales of any new product. After studying business ethics/studies for a number of years I'd highly suggest you sort your image out before you start trying to drain more money from your "customers" (who you don't seem to exactly treat like customers).

Your main current goal with McCodes V3 doesn't seem to be to aid your current clients but instead just take more of their money so you can indulge in your lives instead of supporting your product.

These are just my assumptions please do correct me if my assumptions are wrong, but it's what it seems like to me and most likely others.

Just an observation for the owners...

If you read this post :

http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/41143-MCCodes-v2-0-4-Released-amp-Security-Doc/page3

Specifically this part of the post :

Manually upgrading a 2.0.3 game to include EVERYTHING in 2.0.4 would be a very long-winded, almost impossible process as the actual code changes number in the hundreds, if not over a thousand.

However, we will update the security document within the next few days to include specific fixes for the specific problems listed.

Next few days? Really? This is the date of that post :

02-20-2012, 01:05 AM

That was 24 days ago.

When you tell someone you will do something for them perhaps you should do it. When you don't do something you say you are going to do people lose faith in your word. Maybe people would take you seriously if you actually did what you said you would do. Again just an observation. Forum is full of posts like that if you actually took the time to read them..