MakeWebGames

Ajax Gang/Channel Chat System - $7.50

Dave

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got this mod nice work man, keep up the good work, ajax mods for you are always tops :D

Thanks for your support, I hope you and your players love it as much as I loved writing it. I'll be releasing some more mods soon when I get firm ideas down, feel free to send me over any ideas.

• Like 1

Great mod! Just a question.... Most people like the addition of smilies when posting in a chat room. Will this be in a future update? One other thing... A send button on the chat would be useful for people that don't know they should hit enter to send the message. I like how simple it is to change the look of the chat. One last question... It says in the chat settings not to add too many channels or you will crash your site... How many is too many? Thanks Dave and great mod!

After you create a chat and pick the option to have the chat window closed when users enter the site.... That does not work. The window is open upon entering. Also is there a way to have the gang chat window closed too upon entering?

I noticed this bug as well on someones game, for now you just have to set the chat windows to open until I release the patch in the next few days which will include all the errors that have been located so far. I'll add that feature in the patch to most likely.

A few bugs and errors along with feature requests have been handed over to me since this mods release. I've picked out a few which will be included in the next release in a few days.

Bugs:

• IE Bug fix - There is a slight issue with IE 7 with the input box.
  • Open/Close - Setting the box as closed by default means the box just doesn't show.

If you know of any bugs that I've not posted please alert me instantly!

New Features:

• Gang Show/Hide - Whether to have the Gang chat hidden or shown on initial page load.
  • Close Chatbox - Hiding the chat box completely (This will include the option to have this channel not shown at all on initial load).
  • View Channels - A page to view channels and open any desired channels.
  • Notifications - The channel will flash/glow to make an indication of a new message being received within that channel.

If you have any other features you'd like please reply! (Italics mean they're not 100% certain)

Also if you're in need of support we now have a Live Chat system available on our website which will link you directly to myself. It's online whenever I am on my computer. It's located on the right hand side of the Oxyden Store.

I'm not sure if its even possible, but what about making the tabs smaller when minimized? The reason being is I have 1 chat for global, 1 for trade, 1 for staff, and then gang chats, so a staff member that is in a gang will have 4 boxes. 4 boxes are too many for the screen, one of the 4 is cut off close to half of it.

I'm not sure if its even possible, but what about making the tabs smaller when minimized? The reason being is I have 1 chat for global, 1 for trade, 1 for staff, and then gang chats, so a staff member that is in a gang will have 4 boxes. 4 boxes are too many for the screen, one of the 4 is cut off close to half of it.

This feature is easily possible. We'd just shrink the element down when it's in it's minimized form and then restore the original size when it's back full size. There may be a few alignment issues but I'm sure I can over come them. I'll add this to the next update as well.

Ok so I brought this to try it out. How do I set a channel up so that its only your gang your talking too? Requirements = Gang then gang ID ? Surely I don't have to enter each gang id do I? My game has a few Gangs in it. Thanks

You don't need to setup a new channel for gangs. That part of the system is automatic and the users in the gang will be able to see the chat. If you add yourself into a gang you should also see the chat.

• 8 months later...
Great mod and works a treat! Was wondering when the updates will be done for this mod? Really looking forward to the updated version.

Sometime in the next week or so I shall be releasing an update for this and my captcha system!

• 1 month later...

I have a few suggestions for this mod i would like to see added :)

1. Ability to enable/disable chat.

2. Ability to close certain 'windows' or chat rooms

Other then those 2 things its a really great modification and so simple to install it practically does the work for you!

Well Done Dave! :cool:

Ohhh & SMILIES!!! :D

Edited by AnonymousUser

• 7 months later...

An update is now available for this modification. Just a few really small bugs which I've been meaning to clean up for a while.

- Issues with McCodes v2.0.5b

- PHP Short tags (what was I thinking?)

You can download this from the place you paid for it, so either the McCodes store or my own store! If you need any help please feel free to contact me.

I would love to fully re-write this system, if I have time I hope this can become a reality.

Edited by Dave Macaulay

• 5 months later...

Ok so many thing don't work. I can't enter any requirement for chat channel. In my game and in your demo on your website. What going wrong ?

Saving setting in chat setting do nothing. ( no probleme with this in your demo )

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /staff_chat.php on line 94

I dont want post line of code because is a paid code

Thanks