MakeWebGames

Ajax Gang/Channel Chat System - $7.50

Dave

Our Ajax Gang/Channel chat system comes with so many features we can't even count! It has easy customization and allows the administrators of the site to add channels to the chat to allow a more diverse conversation experience for your players! This mod will bring alive your McCodes v2 game!

Easy Installation!

We tried to make it as easy as possible to install this mod! So we did! You simply upload all the files and make a single edit to your globals.php to install the mod! (You may want to add a link in your staff panel for ease of access)

Feature List:

• Fully Ajax! - The user will never need to refresh to see any new messages are send any messages.
  • Channel System - This allows the administrators to create multiple channels with requirements. So for instance you could have a global channel, a trade channel and then a staff channel.
  • Easy Customization - We've added loads of control features to the staff panel so you can control the way the system functions and looks without having to edit any code!
  • Gang Chat - Each user who is in a gang is automatically presented with the gang chat so they can speak to their fellow gang members.

Requirements:

• Mccodes V2.
  • PHP 5.2.* (May work on other versions but not tested).
  • PHP Short Tags Enabled.
  • Javascript enabled in browser.
  • No conflicting jQuery versions.

Support:

This modification comes with unlimited bug support. Meaning if you find a bug or glitch in the original code we will release a patch and send it to everyone who purchased it, free of charge

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is awesome. Was Very easy to install and works fantastic "Out Of The Box". I have tested every aspect of this shout box and have not found any bugs or any issues. Good luck with your sales dave!!

Thanks for the prompt and positive review! I hope you enjoy using the system to it's full extent.

Having bought and knowing how well your DP system works, and is constructed, you most definitely have me as a customer, and I'm purchasing this chat as we speak ;)

Thats great to hear! This mod is of the same quality as the donation system and any other of my future releases will be! I hope you enjoy the system once you've purchased it.

There seems to be some sort of problem, i get this error on your site when trying to purchase.

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:

2. TIMESTAMP -> 2011-09-03T17:05:40Z

3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736

4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code

5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.

6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Yet i double checked all my info and its all correct, I have never seen this error before and I use paypal everyday, as soon as I get it sorted I will purchase.

EDIT: Ok I should have triple checked, i see the error in my postal code :P

There seems to be some sort of problem, i get this error on your site when trying to purchase.

Please refer to logs:

1. PayPal response:

2. TIMESTAMP -> 2011-09-03T17:05:40Z

3. L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10736

4. L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Shipping Address Invalid City State Postal Code

5. L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> A match of the Shipping Address City, State, and Postal Code failed.

6. L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Yet i double checked all my info and its all correct, I have never seen this error before and I use paypal everyday, as soon as I get it sorted I will purchase.

EDIT: Ok I should have triple checked, i see the error in my postal code :P

Yerp the error states it was your post code! If you need anymore help hit me up on Skype at oxydennet.

A close button to get rid of it if you do not wish to chat anymore would also be good.

I was thinking this, but then I thought of how to make the chats "re-appear" so I decided to just leave it as minimize/maximize.

Maybe an open/close option in preferences for users.

Also the ability to PM users would be a wonderful addition.

That could be an idea I'll look into it.

and I was highly thinking about adding that feature in! If you look into the chat_box table you'll notice where I was planning to release it in the original release. But for now it'll lay dormant until I write the functions for it to work.

Awesome I hope to see that play out. It's an excellent chat by the way, great customizable features and works very well, though I did have to get the tables out of the staff file and run them myself. I got an error for line 4 for chat_globals which is a settings query when I tried to run that file, of course it was probably something on my end, just thought I'd let you know just in case.

Awesome I hope to see that play out. It's an excellent chat by the way, great customizable features and works very well, though I did have to get the tables out of the staff file and run them myself. I got an error for line 4 for chat_globals which is a settings query when I tried to run that file, of course it was probably something on my end, just thought I'd let you know just in case.

Probably some customization you had made to the system. I wrote this mod for the stock version of McCodes V2 so it sometimes fails on install for people who've modified things I decide to use in the stock version.

My users have the same issue chika, for some reason in IE they say it cuts off the bottom of the chat and cant see what they are trying to input, also some users are having trouble inputting anything at all, when they try it goes into the address bar in this type of format:

/index.php?global_giveaways=hello+world#

global_giveaways being the channel and hello world being the input.

Ermm to make the minmize use functions and a switch?

something like:

<?php

$_GET['chat'] = isset($_GET['chat']);

switch ($_GET['chat'])
{

case 'chatopen':
Chat_Open();
break;

case 'chatclose':
Chat_Close();
break;

default:
Chat_Open();
break;4
}

function Chat_Open()
{
//All your chat code here
}

function Chat_Close()
{
Link to open chat again eg:
echo '<a href="chat.php?chat=chatopen"> Enter chat room </a>';
}

?>

If the chat is how i think it is, this sould work :)

My users have the same issue chika, for some reason in IE they say it cuts off the bottom of the chat and cant see what they are trying to input, also some users are having trouble inputting anything at all, when they try it goes into the address bar in this type of format:

/index.php?global_giveaways=hello+world#

global_giveaways being the channel and hello world being the input.

Hmm that's interesting. I know the issue about IE shifting the text boxes down that's a simple fix. But I'd need more information about users being redirected. What OS/Browser are they using?

Ermm to make the minmize use functions and a switch?

something like:

<?php

$_GET['chat'] = isset($_GET['chat']);

switch ($_GET['chat'])
{

case 'chatopen':
Chat_Open();
break;

case 'chatclose':
Chat_Close();
break;

default:
Chat_Open();
break;4
}

function Chat_Open()
{
//All your chat code here
}

function Chat_Close()
{
Link to open chat again eg:
echo '<a href="chat.php?chat=chatopen"> Enter chat room </a>';
}

?>

If the chat is how i think it is, this sould work :)

I don't understand your point in posting this? That code may work with the code but it wouldn't work how I'd like my mod to function. Considering the chats already minimize themselves. Someone requested a way to close and open chats which would just be simply hiding the whole element.

It was Win 7 and Firefox, which is the same as I use and I haven't seen this problem, so it may have been something on the users end but I have no idea what that would be. He said it also only showed up on the index page, It started doing it this morning for a while, and worked fine after that all day, and then started doing it again a few minutes ago.

PHP is such a peculiar language sometimes, I think I narrowed down the problem but I'm not sure. Users were saying the font was too small and they had to squint to see it, so I added:

font-size: 14px;

under

.chat_box .chat_contents {

position: absolute;

overflow-y: scroll;

left: 6px;

right: 6px;

top: 40px;

text-align: left;

height: 270px;

to change the font size, I'm not sure why or if that would cause the problem, but the person its happening to is a staff member so I had him login to the test server, which everything is still default. And it didn't do it there, I took the font bit out that I put in and he doesn't seem to be having the issue now..but it comes and goes so I'll know for sure later.

Nope that isn't it, it did it again without the font bit. Unless it happens to more than just the 1 user I'm going to assume its on his end.

Edited by Smokey

It was Win 7 and Firefox, which is the same as I use and I haven't seen this problem, so it may have been something on the users end but I have no idea what that would be. He said it also only showed up on the index page, It started doing it this morning for a while, and worked fine after that all day, and then started doing it again a few minutes ago.

PHP is such a peculiar language sometimes, I think I narrowed down the problem but I'm not sure. Users were saying the font was too small and they had to squint to see it, so I added:

font-size: 14px;

under

.chat_box .chat_contents {

position: absolute;

overflow-y: scroll;

left: 6px;

right: 6px;

top: 40px;

text-align: left;

height: 270px;

to change the font size, I'm not sure why or if that would cause the problem, but the person its happening to is a staff member so I had him login to the test server, which everything is still default. And it didn't do it there, I took the font bit out that I put in and he doesn't seem to be having the issue now..but it comes and goes so I'll know for sure later.

Nope that isn't it, it did it again without the font bit. Unless it happens to more than just the 1 user I'm going to assume its on his end.

It's most likely something to do with settings within his browser. Get him to test other browsers on his computer and see if he can replicate the problem.