MakeWebGames

phpRPG - the free RPG engine [FULL plugin system/style system/adminCP]

Jake B.

phpRPG is a free, highly modifiable rpg engine written in the extremely powerful web-language PHP. It has a FULL plugin system, style system, templateing engine, and AdminCP. Plugins can contain hooks that are put in specific places to modify the core engine without messing with the files making upgrading a snap! You are also able to export styles, and plugins to release for free, or to sell.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask us over at http://phprpg.net/

To Download the engine, simpally go here: http://phprpg.net/download.php

• 3 weeks later...
How long have you had that domain? I think I almost bought it once. ;)

Also, wheres the RPG? RPG's consist of stats and characters. This just looks like a plugin system ;]

Software engine.

In computer science, a software engine refers to the core of a computer program. Software engines drive the functionality of the program, and are distinct from peripheral aspects of the program, such as look and feel.

It is an engine, as said in the title.

It says RPG engine. I see no RPG features...

It's the core aspect of what you can build a site from. It would defeat the object of an engine such as this one to has to many pre-installed features. You seem to be thinking more of the "Mccodes engine" where it's created to run a very specific type of game.

This is designed to allow the user (in this case the one who downloads it) a place to start. It has what you would need in order to add features without building the core of the engine. This does not mean it has everything you need for your game right off the bat. It's there to make life easy. The plug-in system is there to work with you to build something unique. As I said... it would defeat the object of such an engine to come pre-installed with too many features.

Edited by Dominion

Actually, by definition, MCCodes has never been an engine. It's just been glue to hold scripts together.

It's mostly talked about as the "mccodes engine", therefore many consider it as one. To be honest it does depend if you use it as the core of your site or not. Depending how you use it you could fit it into your definition.

MCCodes at most a few functions and classes, and not even very extendable at that.

If you look at mods, no matter what you do, you are doing things manually.

Want to extract user data? manually, want to check a user's stats? manually, want to mail someone? mostly manually.

This is not an engine. An engine should at the very least be able to do those things for you, without having to dig into the database manually.

Want to extract user data? manually, want to check a user's stats? manually, want to mail someone? mostly manually.

$ir for user stats, and info. Already there with one include. Anyway, I did not say it was a good fit for the definition. It does depend on your point of view at the time. How you see it/ use it etc... For example - http://makewebgames.io/showthread.php/38107-McCodes-Game-or-Game-Engine?p=243263&viewfull=1#post243263

I never said this wasn't an engine. I just said its not an rpg engine. It has no rpg features from the get go. Its more of a MVC (User Engine) ;]

It's an engine created for those wanting to create an RPG game, therefore it's an RPG engine...

• 7 months later...