MakeWebGames

W3 Theory - Peter Leaman

Hello everyone,

I would like to try and gather up ideas/thoughts on how people perceive me and how I handled working with them if they were a client of mine. This is due to a thread already made for me, all due to confusion and misunderstanding and could give a misunderstanding on how I tend to think I do business.

So I would like to have any past clients or people who have dealt with me to post their thoughts and experience.

This is a way I can practice/fix on the negativity people post and help build a better reputation.

Plus anything from that previous thread should not be posted on here as that is already stated. I am looking for new and current views.

Thank you

Peter Leaman

Edited by W3Theory || Peter

When I joined this site a couple months ago, I was looking for someone to help with making a template for me for one of my sites I was working on. Everyone pointed to Peter as the go to guy for design work. Let me tell you that he is very professional and does great work. I found that he is very affordable also. Because of his outstanding design that he did I even switched my domain to his hosting site also. I have had no problems yet and would recommend him to anyone for work.

Bump this up

The user base on this forum isn't very large so bumping probably wont affect much.

My experience of you initially wasn't the best, as we're both aware. But certainly after you watching you conduct business under w3theory I've certainly noticed a change in the way you've been conducting yourself. Your clients seem to be in floods and not to mention they all seem to be happy to suggest you to other members and I've personally not heard a bad word about you since this new conduct.

I've not personally worked with you in a long while so I sadly cannot say my experience with you personally.

I have contacted you for a little work once before. My opinions about it :

Price to much for the quality of work. (at least for my situation)

That is just my personal opinion about the one single experience.

From what I seen in the forums it looks like you have a lot of happy clients :)

And if your clients are happy then you must be doing something right ;)

A few months ago my friend asked me to help them out with a game they have they wanted to attract more users and re vamp the whole game after doing a few Google searches I stumbled upon MWG . After making a post myself , Peter happen to respond with some much appreciate corrective criticism. I checked out Peter’s W3 site and had a look at some of his work and was truly impressed !

After having a talk with my friend we decided to get a in-game theme and login done by Peter ( one which I will probably auction off here soon due to not being able to use it ! Nothing to do with Peter’s work but due to the person who was coding on the site before I started to help my friend out ) Peter is 100 % professional and an excellent businessman !! He took our ideas and transformed them into a design that far surpassed our expectations! He updated me throughout the project on progress of the design and delivered a day earlier then the dead line.

To anyone who is looking to hire Peter to do any work for them and is still having doubts rest assure he is true to his word and I’m sure you will be as pleased as I was with his service. It was truly a pleasure doing business with him and look forward to doing more business with him in the future.

If anyone wishes to contact me about Peter and his work feel free

Edited by Hosting-and-Design

Price to much for the quality of work. (at least for my situation)

This price for his work is relitavly cheap. Take bluetrendz for example, they charge like $500+ (usually more) for a template, and from a designers point of view (im no designer, but I can point out whats wrong with a template) there templates arent worth it, theres many errors in their work.

Ive been hosted with W3 for a while now, nothing was wrong, was only down for a few hours, because of weather, only spoke to peter afew times, but I recommend him for templates.

I had brought a template in the past from peter and was really impressed. After the great experience i had with him in the past, i decided to get a template i had made coded from him. He coded this template within a day and fixed the template image to give it a better feel. All in all i think Peter is a great guy to work with and I will definitely be working with him again in the future.

This price for his work is relitavly cheap. Take bluetrendz for example, they charge like $500+ (usually more) for a template, and from a designers point of view (im no designer, but I can point out whats wrong with a template) there templates arent worth it, theres many errors in their work.

Ive been hosted with W3 for a while now, nothing was wrong, was only down for a few hours, because of weather, only spoke to peter afew times, but I recommend him for templates.

Exactly Danny, I agree Peters prices are more than fair for his clients.

Thats why I said for my situation...as 2 ad banners cost me 50$ when I could have got 5 I think it is from Bluetrendz for 100$.

But hey as I remember Peter Offered to update them but I accepted them as is :P

He was professional about the situation.

I do have to disagree with you about bluetrendz...i believe they do quality graphics.

Edited by Curt

Well HOnestly,, When Any of my friends Or strangers say i want to make a Website.. I Would straightly Point peter and say hes the best designer -contact him...and for hosting i would say w3theory.com .. if yall dont believe this then u can ask this to my friends

I bought a template off him..then later on ..i dint want to use it coz i planned to make my own ..then i kept that template for auction..no one was intrested/.... when i said its made by peter ...many ppl wanted to bid........

I do have to disagree with you about bluetrendz...i believe they do quality graphics.

A well-known member of this forum bought a template from bluetrendz, a graphics designer and I looked at it, and pointed out some major mistakes with it, I wont go into detail, now mention who the designer was (I think I remember but it was a long time ago) But even to someone not looking for bugs, some just stand out.

Peter is indeed very talented in art/designing, but when it comes to hosting something not yet 100% there, think from a professional's point hosting with a individual is not easy, you might think yes great deal so on, but imagine your game became number 1 online gamer and earns $100,000,00 how do you know it wount be stolen, resold not saying peter would do so but you must ask these question to your self, and see if its reliable..

Peter is indeed very talented in art/designing, but when it comes to hosting something not yet 100% there, think from a professional's point hosting with a individual is not easy, you might think yes great deal so on, but imagine your game became number 1 online gamer and earns $100,000,00 how do you know it wount be stolen, resold not saying peter would do so but you must ask these question to your self, and see if its reliable..

That is a true point, that is why I am trying to build a reputation for myself and my company I represent as a whole, W3 Theory. W3 Theory has been around for around 10 months, still increasing the numbers of the people they host and I want to make sure and given certainty that I am not a person who would scam/screw people over. I want to create a trust with all clients, reason why I give them my phone number (for us citizen) and my msn. I also give them my address so they know where I am at and can actually put a location where exactly the company is located. It is hard being a real small hosting company to build that customer trust. Most of my clients have hosting with me and I hope none of them feel worried/scared that I would do something.

ah...im assuming your referring to the CSS/HTML.

I believe you about finding some errors in that part but the overall quality of the images are pretty good. Thats the part I was referring too.

Im referring to the images actually, I never even right clicked on the page, as the developer will probably have fixed it.

I must say i hated my experiance WITHOUT peter :P he designed two templates for me ... some GUI and i even brought another template from him that i didnt need as it was awsome.

Without peter my websites would look rank with clan templates/game site templates installed on them XD

• 4 months later...

To be honest, Peter is good and his work is satisfying. Im no easy client to handle, and the patient Peter showed me when he made the template for my game was impressive. He even made 1 template first, i did not like it so he started all over.

Now, i dont know many designers out there. But i would recommend Peter for anyone, and i would gladly use him again for my ingame layouts. However, im not sure he would wanna do another job for me, as i mentioned before, im a very hard to impress and Peter

would need to work very creative and hard to satisfy me.

Im also hosting at w3theory, and there isnt much bad to say about his hosting.

Anyway, thumbs up for Peter! Happy new year and the best of luck with w3theory.

Best of regards,

Sun

Well ... we all know what a newb I am when it comes to doing various things ... though I am learning day by day. (Thanks everyone)

When it came time to move my site from the previous host I was using ... I had aboslutely no clue on how to go about doing so. I contacted Peter and asked him if he would move everything over for me. He did so with no questions asked. He was on MSN and explained what he was doing step by step to me as he was doing it. I had screwed something up with the domain name and Peter helped to correct that by giving me the domain name that I really wanted at no extra charge. How many hosting sites would do that for you?

His prices are the best out there as far as I'm concerned. You might be able to get cheaper, but you sure as hell aren't going to get the level of service that you do from Peter.

When it comes time to having my templates coded with the css and whatever other stuff needs to be done to make them usable on my site ... I will definitely using Peters' services once again.

I strongly recommend Peter to anyone for the services he offers.

Thank you, Peter ... for holding my hand every step of the way and answering what I am sure were very stupid questions. For being professional enough to not laugh at me ... though I'm sure there were some eye rolls along the way. *laughs*

You da best!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't worked with Peter personally, but I am a hosting customer of W3 Theory and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. I've only been hosted there for about a month and right now my site has been down for a few hours and it's not the first time this has happened in the short time I've been with them. I can only imagine how upset my players are. There would normally be about 10-15 people online right now. He was quick to respond to a support ticket I had before I signed up, but the support ticket I filed while a customer took a lot longer to get a response (over a week I think). He does offer cheap hosting that allows some of the things that other hosts don't allow on shared hosting accounts (1 minute crons for example), but there are some negatives to hosting there.